Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: WEAPONS [hunting, self-defense, other]  (Read 11571 times)

MadMax

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: WEAPONS [hunting, self-defense, other]
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2019, 02:02:59 PM »
They are all set for the “After Time” !!  :D

WAR CRY Brazil’s endangered Arara tribe vow to ‘take up bows and arrows’ against government forces invading their rainforest home

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8936896/brazil-arara-tribe-bows-arrows-government-forces-invading-rainforest-home

The Arara clan in the Para area of the forest warned "there could be deaths" if Brazil's president Jair Bolsonaro refuses to stop hacking down trees for trade.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »
MadMax, I sure hope they win that battle. And yes, they have a good chance of surviving the times ahead...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2019, 04:30:42 AM »

Knees are probably a good target, as we watched a self-defense video some years ago and a few of the tidbits really stuck in my mind:  one was that by whacking someone across the middle of the knee, not flat-handed, but using the edge of the palm, one can likely dislocate a knee, as it takes, according to video, only about 15 pounds of pressure to dislocate a knee in this way.

In reminiscing about the self-defense video, hubby remembers differently:  he recalls that it is a blow from the side of the knee that can be the most disabling.  Makes sense, as the knee isn't meant to bend sideways, in the manner of forward or backward movement.

Also, hubby mentioned that if someone reaches forward to grab you, you should, if possible, do not pull back, but instead lunge forward with all your might, and you will cause the attacker to fall backward, that is if you can lunge hard enough.  That is not what they are expecting.

Also, if someone large picks up a much smaller person, for example to throw over the shoulder and carry like a sack of potatoes, the victim may have the opportunity to take both hands, with wide open palms, and bring them together very forcefully, clapping the wide open palms against attacker's ears.

ilinda,
Belated thanks for these ideas...
Re simple self defense moves, when my kids were in a free karate class at a Boys Club I saw the teacher demonstrate quickly a move. It was at the end of the class and he quickly showed the move, didn't have time to drill it.
One early evening, before sunset, my 14 year-old daughter was grabbed by a gang member type guy about 25. He had his left arm around her neck and a knife in his right hand. She remembered the defensive move. She kicked backwards with all her force. It is a backward kick where you bend your knee. She kicked him where no man wants to be kicked. He dropped the gun as he lurched forward in agony. My daughter ran up to the door of the house she was going to, and yelled. Someone was just inside there and immediately let her in and shut the door, and called the police. My daughter was unharmed. The gang member, not so much.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2019, 04:35:51 AM »
Good to have self-defense methods for more than one situation in mind.  My father and brothers taught me one single karate technique, the only thing I know:  If one is ever grabbed on the arm or wrist, move the same arm/wrist/hand forcefully toward the assailant's thumb and he or she won't be able (theoretically) to maintain the hold.  Other than that I just stay out of most situations by being home at night and remaining in the company of others, or at least in a crowd of shoppers, in the daytime. :)

Good to know...

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 04:42:09 AM »
What a chilling account!

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: chilling account
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2019, 05:38:21 AM »
it is and a good example of what lies ahead...

Thankfully, my 11-y-o son trains with one of the foremost martial artists of our day; thankfully and humbly i can tell you that this 78-y-o man has trained with Yip Man [for those living under a rock... the one who trained Bruce Lee], has boxing world records under his belt and has developed his own fighting style. Unfortunately or thankfully, he is adverse to modern technology and does not promote his accomplishments. Me, not being ignorant..., know of his value and since he lives and works [and has worked for 50 years] as a martial arts teacher within walking distance of my son... [wrap your head around THAT], i'm happy that my son trains with him twice a week.

Still, after 6 months of training with this man, my son still experiences troubles at school. He's at a 'white trash' school that i argued heavily against [but since i am no longer legally his guardian my opinions matter not]. Still, maybe there's a silver lining to all of this, for i never had to fight during my entire school years; now at least, he has experienced such violence.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2019, 06:41:13 AM »
Soc, What a wonderful connection that your son has made with this trainer, especially living at such close range.

I and all of my U.S. cohorts grew up during a violent period of American history, which might have eventually benefited us in some ways: the desegregation period.  Unless one was in a sectarian school, one was exposed to the violence even if only indirectly. 

The upside is that maybe desegregation really did help our society to become more color-blind in the modern era.  That remains a politically-charged topic here though, especially among older folks who can remember the era...

Is there any chance your son could attend a private religious school on at least partial scholarship?  Or maybe the indoctrination might feel counter-intuitive?  Even if you disagreed with whichever church sponsored the school, you could always use the theological aspect as a topic of father-son discussions to broaden one another, if you have contact with him.  My father used to do that with me: He was not religious, and would insist that I debate the local church's sermon topics with him on Sundays, to broaden my mind  ;)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: scholarlships
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2019, 11:38:32 AM »
actually, none of that goes on in the Netherlands (that i have ever heard of). Though i do know much of such things occur in neighboring countries (like Germany and Belgium).
It's funny, but much of 'purianical American' values stem from Holland. I mean, who do you think sent you folks off from Europe? Who built the ships? Who challenged the system at that time? Who challenged the Biritish? It was the Dutdh.
You know, right, that Dutch was almost the language of the colonies?
But that reality is still going on today in Holland; the reality that helped shape the U.S. is alive and well in the Netherlands.
Just like religious indoctrinations of centuries ago are still influencing people today, people in Holland today are full of ideas, concepts and principles based on Calvinism. Seriously, other countries cannot imagine...
Religion and politics are connected but perhaps never more nor never where more than in this country.
Why do you think they placed 'their' international jucicial center here? [i.e. talking about 'the Hague'].
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: The Hague
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »
So this is what i'm saying and what folks should understand..
 Where does this 'belief' that 'everything is alright' come from?
It's from Calvinism.
There is no logic to it.
There is no common sense to it.
It's utlitmately all about religion, albeit religon of 500 years ago.

'Americans' have no idea.. Just like the Dutch today have no idea.
[And just imagine how immigrants around the world have no idea]
 The 'ways' of the past more of our present than most folks alive today are willing to admit
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:21:17 PM by Socrates »

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: scholarlships
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2019, 12:27:16 PM »
please forgive me, somewhere somehow, this went off the rails and ended up with the following:

actually, none of that goes on in the Netherlands (that i have ever heard of). Though i do know much of such things occur in neighboring countries (like Germany and Belgium).
It's funny, but much of 'purianical American' values stem from Holland. I mean, who do you think sent you folks off from Europe? Who built the ships? Who challenged the system at that time? Who challenged the Biritish? It was the Dutdh.
You know, right, that Dutch was almost the language of the colonies?
But that reality is still going on today in Holland; the reality that helped shape the U.S. is alive and well in the Netherlands.
Just like religious indoctrinations of centuries ago are still influencing people today, people in Holland today are full of ideas, concepts and principles based on Calvinism. Seriously, other countries cannot imagine...
Religion and politics are connected but perhaps never more nor never where more than in this country.
Why do you think they placed 'their' international jucicial center here? [i.e. talking about 'the Hague'].
survival database

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2019, 01:01:36 PM »
That happens when people fall in love and get all googly-eyed and distracted... :D

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2019, 05:49:30 PM »
Good to have self-defense methods for more than one situation in mind.  My father and brothers taught me one single karate technique, the only thing I know:  If one is ever grabbed on the arm or wrist, move the same arm/wrist/hand forcefully toward the assailant's thumb and he or she won't be able (theoretically) to maintain the hold.  Other than that I just stay out of most situations by being home at night and remaining in the company of others, or at least in a crowd of shoppers, in the daytime. :)

Good to know...
It worked well when I grabbed hubby's wrist, as he immediately got out of my grasp.  When he grabbed my wrist, I was unable to do much of anything as his grasp was much stronger than I anticipated (am pretty much a weakling).

Weaklings might want to practice with friends before relying on this.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2019, 06:57:05 AM »
Right - am thinking the best technique of all is avoidance!  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2019, 10:23:31 AM »
This video has over a million views, I hope it helps someone:

Simple Self Defense Moves You Should Know   3:08   1,297,962 views

May 8, 2017
“It doesn’t matter what size you are, any woman can learn to do this."
https://www.buzzfeed.com/bfmp/videos/15100

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2019, 10:32:42 AM »
Women have got to be armed...
if the PX scenario happens (as we all have been thinking for the past several years) all H and chaos and lawlessness will break loose ...
Have an armed gun in your home  high enough up so kids cannot grab it, do not let them see it. But it won't do much good unless it is armed.
Not all states have laws allowing concealed or open carry. Has to be a weapon in the car too.
My son avoided being attacked by gang members because he had a long heavy metal stick. (I used to remind him, "Is the stick in your car?" )
Another time the only thing which saved him was his height and athletic prowess, he had to climb up over a 12 foot fence near the L.A. river...

One time I had no weapon at all, middle of the night, I had to duck and hide stealth like a cat, then sheer dumb luck or guardian angels had people walking nearby so I fell in with them, then a cop drove by!! So i was able to point out the guy who was trying to grab me off the street... i got home safely.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW