Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: WEAPONS [hunting, self-defense, other]  (Read 9298 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: WEAPONS [hunting, self-defense, other]
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2019, 10:37:36 AM »
Women have got to be armed... men too of course.
if the PX scenario happens (as we all have been thinking for the past several years) all H and chaos and lawlessness will break loose ...
Have an armed gun in your home - high enough up so kids cannot grab it, do not let them see it. But it won't do much good unless it is armed.
Not all states have laws allowing concealed or open carry. Has to be a weapon in the car too.
My son avoided being attacked by gang members because he had a long heavy metal stick. (I used to remind him, "Is the stick in your car?" ) He also walked with a short metal stick stuck up under his long-sleeved shirt. I got him a good sturdy sharp knife, too.
Another time the only thing which saved him was his height and athletic prowess, he had to climb up over a 12 foot fence near the L.A. river... He did get a knife cut but not so bad, got to ER and got it repaired. When i say not so bad of course that was bad but he got through it and to ER.

One time I had no weapon at all, middle of the night, I had to duck and hide stealth like a cat, then sheer dumb luck or guardian angels had people walking nearby so I fell in with them, then a cop drove by!! So i was able to point out the guy who was trying to grab me off the street... The cop went over to question and detain him, i got home safely.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »
Women have got to be armed...
if the PX scenario happens (as we all have been thinking for the past several years) all H and chaos and lawlessness will break loose ...
Have an armed gun in your home  high enough up so kids cannot grab it, do not let them see it. But it won't do much good unless it is armed.
Not all states have laws allowing concealed or open carry. Has to be a weapon in the car too.
My son avoided being attacked by gang members because he had a long heavy metal stick. (I used to remind him, "Is the stick in your car?" )
Another time the only thing which saved him was his height and athletic prowess, he had to climb up over a 12 foot fence near the L.A. river...

One time I had no weapon at all, middle of the night, I had to duck and hide stealth like a cat, then sheer dumb luck or guardian angels had people walking nearby so I fell in with them, then a cop drove by!! So i was able to point out the guy who was trying to grab me off the street... i got home safely.
True, in such a scenario, women would need to be aware at all times of their surroundings, and their relationship to them/it.  No time for lollygagging. 

You were able, even without weapon, to survive.  Maybe you could say your weapon was your quick thinking.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »
Have an armed gun in your home  high enough up so kids cannot grab it, do not let them see it. But it won't do much good unless it is armed.
My son avoided being attacked by gang members because he had a long heavy metal stick. (I used to remind him, "Is the stick in your car?" )
Another time the only thing which saved him was his height and athletic prowess, he had to climb up over a 12 foot fence near the L.A. river...

One time I had no weapon at all, middle of the night, I had to duck and hide stealth like a cat, then sheer dumb luck or guardian angels had people walking nearby so I fell in with them, then a cop drove by!! So i was able to point out the guy who was trying to grab me off the street... i got home safely.
True, in such a scenario, women would need to be aware at all times of their surroundings, and their relationship to them/it.  No time for lollygagging. 

You were able, even without weapon, to survive.  Maybe you could say your weapon was your quick thinking.

I do have a survival sense and some sort of sense of protection but there are so many predatory people on this planet that it is really a numbers game who will be victimized next. All women need to be armed.
On the local Tampa bay news recently there was a story of a violent break in. A man and woman were sitting quietly watching television then an intruder broke in and began pistol whipping the man of the house. (This could easily be fatal) so the "little woman" of the house got her loaded gun and blew the intruder away. End of that story.
It sure would not break my heart to hear that every violent intruder, every single time, got blown away as a reward for his efforts.

I am totally in favor of background checks and registration of guns all common sense safety measures, but concealed carry should be a right everywhere in the US, including in cars.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2019, 11:38:52 AM »

I do have a survival sense and some sort of sense of protection but there are so many predatory people on this planet that it is really a numbers game who will be victimized next. All women need to be armed.
On the local Tampa bay news recently there was a story of a violent break in. A man and woman were sitting quietly watching television then an intruder broke in and began pistol whipping the man of the house. (This could easily be fatal) so the "little woman" of the house got her loaded gun and blew the intruder away. End of that story.
It sure would not break my heart to hear that every violent intruder, every single time, got blown away as a reward for his efforts.

I am totally in favor of background checks and registration of guns all common sense safety measures, but concealed carry should be a right everywhere in the US, including in cars.
That Tampa story was truly remarkable and that "little woman" showed her stuff!

In Missouri it's pretty much like the "Old West".  No kidding.  You can carry concealed, or open carry, in the car, out of the car, or even on your person.  I've seen guys strutting through Lowe's Hardware wearing their guns.  It's ridiculous actually.  The most recent one was carrying what looked like an assault rifle, but the Customer Service Desk is up front and he was back in the aisled looking for stuff.  When I told hubby about this, he said he has also seen occasional guys wearing their gun in a holster.  Not just Lowe's, but I guess wherever they want.

About a year ago I pondered getting a gun and went to the closest gun shop that has been in the gun business for decades, and you can buy a gun on the spot, and walk out with it, even if you just escaped from a mental hospital, or I suppose even broke out of the Big House.  No background checks.  I guess if a prison beakout occurred, and the prisoners had changes of clothing, they too could walk to the nearest gun store and stock up--maybe after holding up someone to get some cash.

See the following story for an unusual woman who didn't need a gun.  LOL LOL

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2019, 11:43:17 AM »
(Editor's Note:  This woman didn't need a gun.  Check out her as she flexes her muscles. )

https://www.yahoo.com/news/82-old-woman-beats-down-171500273.html
U.S.
82-year-old woman beats down home intruder: 'He picked the wrong house'

Gabrielle Sorto,AOL.com Mon, Nov 25 11:15 AM CST

An 82-year-old woman beat a man who broke into her home so badly that he was sent to the hospital, WHAM reported.
Willie Murphy heard pounding at her door around 11 p.m. while she was getting ready for bed in her Rochester, N.Y. home. A man was outside begging her to open the door and call an ambulance. "I'm sick, I'm sick," she recalled him saying. 
Murphy called 911, but didn't let the man inside, which is when he started to get angry.
"I hear a loud noise," she told WHAM. "I’m thinking, 'What the heck was that?' The young man is in my home. He broke the door."
Murphy, who is an award-winning bodybuilder, wasn't going to let the man get away with invading her home.
"He picked the wrong house to break into," she said.
Murphy hid as the intruder walked around her house. When the right moment came, she grabbed the first thing she could — a table.
"I took that table and I went to working on him and guess what? The table broke!" she said. "When he’s down I’m jumping on him."
She then squirted an entire bottle of shampoo on the man's face. When that didn't stop him, she grabbed a broom.
"He’s trying to get up and he’s pulling and I got the broom and he’s pulling the broom and I’m hitting him, I’m hitting him with the broom, hitting him and guess what? He wants to get the heck out of there…" she said.
Murphy said she thinks the man was "happy when he went in the ambulance" because she "really did a number" on him. 
The Rochester Police Department praised the "tough as nails" 82-year-old for fending off the intruder and posted a photo with Murphy on Twitter. 
"I’m alone and I’m old but guess what? I’m tough," she said. 

Yahoo Lifestyle
Powerlifting 82-year-old grandma fends off intruder: 'I'm old, I'm alone, but guess what? I'm tough'

Hope Schreiber,Yahoo Lifestyle 19 hours ago

An 82-year-old powerlifting grandmother turned the tables, literally, on a home invader when she beat him with a table until police and first responders arrived.
Willie Murphy is an award-winning bodybuilder and, most days, she can be found at the YMCA, honing her skills. On Thursday night, around 11 p.m., however, the fit octogenarian was getting ready for bed when she heard someone knocking at her door.
“He was outside and saying, ‘Please call an ambulance,’ saying, ‘I’m sick, I’m sick,’” Murphy told WHAM. 
Murphy phoned Rochester, N.Y., police and refused to let the man inside her home. Eventually, the man, whom police say was intoxicated, became angry and broke down her door.
Unbeknownst to the invader, Murphy can deadlift 230 pounds. That achievement, along with no one else competing in her age bracket, earned her a win at the 2018 World Natural Powerlifting Federation Upstate New York Championships.
Without belts or enhancement drugs, save for her permitted blood pressure medicine, the five-foot-tall bodybuilder, who is just a little over 100 pounds herself, has appeared on ESPN and Rachel Ray, while videos of her physical feats have gone viral on YouTube. She currently holds multiple state records in the 70s age bracket in the World Natural Powerlifting Federation (WNPF), and, when she entered her 80s, the federation created a new age category for her. 
The intruder, whom Murphy refers to as the "young man," had clearly "picked the wrong house to break into."
According to Murphy, the home was dark, and she was able to hide as the suspect walked around. 
"I'm old, I'm alone, but guess what?" Murphy told the outlet. "I'm tough." 
Murphy picked up a table and started beating the suspect with it.
“I took that table, and I went to working on him,” she said. “And guess what? The table broke.”
After the table broke, Murphy utilized the metal legs and repeatedly jabbed him. When the man hit the ground, Murphy started to jump on him. 
"The telephone is still on for 911," Murphy recounts. "I run into the kitchen. There's a bottle of baby shampoo on the table. I grab the shampoo, and, guess what? He's still on the ground."
Murphy says that she used that baby shampoo and squirted into the man's face. She then began to hit the intruder with a broom. 
"He's wanting to get out of the house," Murphy said. "And I'm trying to help him, but he's too heavy and I can't move him. He's dead weight."
It was at this time, according to Murphy, that the police arrived. 
"He's laying down already because I had really done a number on that man," Murphy said. "I'm serious."
Officers and first responders eventually sent the suspect to the hospital via ambulance. They were so impressed with Murphy that the responding officers asked to take a selfie with her on her front porch.
"I think he was happy when he went in the ambulance," Murphy said. "I sent him in an ambulance." 
"Ms. Murphy standing shoulder to shoulder with Genesee Section Officers after an intruder attempted to break into her home," Rochester N.Y. Police wrote on their Twitter. "Ms. Murphy is tough as nails & fended off the intruder."
Yahoo Lifestyle was unable to reach Willie Murphy for comment. Rochester Police Department did not immediately respond to Yahoo Lifestyle’s requests for comment.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2019, 06:49:49 AM »
ilinda! I totally love the news story you posted!! :)

:o   :o   >:(    :)   ;D   ;)   ;D   8)   8)   8) 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2019, 06:52:46 AM »

In Missouri it's pretty much like the "Old West".  No kidding.  You can carry concealed, or open carry, in the car, out of the car, or even on your person.  I've seen guys strutting through Lowe's Hardware wearing their guns.  It's ridiculous actually.  The most recent one was carrying what looked like an assault rifle, but the Customer Service Desk is up front and he was back in the aisled looking for stuff.  When I told hubby about this, he said he has also seen occasional guys wearing their gun in a holster.  Not just Lowe's, but I guess wherever they want.

About a year ago I pondered getting a gun and went to the closest gun shop that has been in the gun business for decades, and you can buy a gun on the spot, and walk out with it, even if you just escaped from a mental hospital, or I suppose even broke out of the Big House.  No background checks.  I guess if a prison beakout occurred, and the prisoners had changes of clothing, they too could walk to the nearest gun store and stock up--maybe after holding up someone to get some cash.

ilinda, the (only) problem i have with any that is the "no background checks."  I really like that people can protect themselves.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2019, 01:37:08 PM »

ilinda, the (only) problem i have with any that is the "no background checks."  I really like that people can protect themselves.
Ahhh, yes, background checks.  It would be nice to know if the prospective gun owner, standing there in the gun store, has already killed 15 people and just escaped from the Big House!  But, not in Missouri.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
Yes... well the background checks are the only part I would want to see coast to coast...
At one time I was more in favor of other gun restrictions, but not any more...

If you are on your land on foot alone - only a bad ass gun will protect you from a sudden, up close encounter with large bear, mountain lion, horned animals and - of course the occasional two legged predatory beast. So I am (NOT) in favor of taking away peoples  weapons... but they need to be registered and background checks... That may never happen...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW