Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: ALZHEIMERS - BRAIN HEALTH posts  (Read 9138 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: ALZHEIMERS - BRAIN HEALTH posts
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2019, 06:17:14 AM »
Ilinda, I did a NIH search of "blood brain barrier" and "Alzheimer's" and came up with pages of studies - seems as if your hypothesis is correct, and that BBB dysfunction is both cause and effect.  A few are listed below.  All parenthetical comments below are my own:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3086010/ (very interesting study which says that caffeine protects the BBB)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2872930/ (LDL "bad" cholesterol is necessary in order to clear beta-amyloid plaques!)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5129651/ (inflammation caused by leaky gut causes BBB dysfunction)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16782234 (Early Alzheimer's is associated with an intracranial prothrombin [clotting factor] leak which causes BBB cells to shrink up [thus to widen the gate])

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22120145 (The pumps which remove beta-amyloid plaques are located in the endothelial cells which form the BBB gate)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4189524/ (The purpose of beta-amyloid plaques in the body is unknown, but healthy cells regulate production of it and a healthy BBB is constantly regulating the amount of it allowed to circulate)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4397873/ (Beta-amyloid plaques are toxic and under normal circumstances they should be cleared away by phagocytes in a healthy immune response; this mechanism fails due to inflammation injuries to the brain.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697631/ (This study was aimed at drug delivery, but contained important information about Alzheimer's: Under normal circumstances, the BBB is enzymatically active and allows only very small particles through the gate; however, in a diseased brain, very large immune complexes are passing through the gate intact.  Immune complexes are left over after the immune system deals with an infection if there are not enough proteolytic enzymes in circulation to degrade them.  In addition, humans gradually lose enzymatic ability to degrade sugars which accumulate in the brain, but supplemental epinephrine restores that functioning - maybe we should be supplementing with pseudoephedrine decongestants, both a brain stimulant and a similar molecule to epinephrine?)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK28180/ (The BBB is located in the capillaries themselves - hence vascular health impacts the BBB)

Cross-sectional diagram of the BBB within capillaries from the above study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3359662/ (Test subjects with dysfunctional BBB also had high triglycerides and low cholesterol levels - hence it's not the cholesterol that we should be eliminating, it's the sugar).

Raggedy Ann and Andy cleaning out the French doll's head, which had become all sticky inside from being fed too much sugar-water at tea parties
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:47:09 PM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2019, 06:49:06 AM »
Thank you so much for that detailed explanation of oil pulling Ilinda.  Will give it a try! :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:54:32 PM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2019, 01:56:40 PM »
Back to the above studies which suggested dietary means of preventing plaque build-up in the brain:

It seems we should be including some saturated fats in our diet, as long as they are not trans-fats, and as long as they are not part of sweets.

Healthy saturated fats, which are naturally "fully hydrogenated" rather than "partially hydrogenated":

Eggs from free-ranged hens
Organic full-fat milk, butter and cream, especially raw/fermented
Coconut oil
Palm oil
Cocoa butter
Lard
For those who are not vegetarians, uncured meats of all kinds

In order to maintain cardiovascular health on such a high-fat diet, might want to supplement with:

a full-spectrum digestive enzyme including fat-dissolving lipase.  Enzyme supplementation is especially important for people born without the ability to metabolize homocysteine, as a number of them are lacking in the entire spectrum of enzymes.
https://draxe.com/homocysteine-levels/

a gram or so of lecithin daily to emulsify fats

Vitamin E if you don't bleed easily (ditto for the krill and flax oil)

Taurine to increase bile flow

Fiber

Antioxidants

Magnesium

Co-Q-10

PQQ

B-100 complex to prevent homocysteine formation (some of the B vitamins are also capable of switching bad genes off and switching good genes on, and excessive homocysteine formation is due to a faulty genetic switch)

Folate instead of synthetic folic acid

And to decrease inflammation and heal leaky gut:

Add a gram of flax oil, or flax seed, for strong anti-inflammatory properties

Add krill oil for anti-inflammatory properties

Avoid sugar (using 100% stevia without added dextrose, instead of chemical sweeteners)

Avoid preservatives

Add the amino acid glutamine (as opposed to the inflammatory additive glutamate)

Add probiotics or full-fat yogurt sweetened with fruit, stevia or a little all-fruit jam

Add unbleached/unbromated gluten-free grains and flour

Add curcumins

Avoid cigarette smoke and drugs such as statins, birth control pills, antibiotics, antacids, NSAIDS

Add gelatine

Add bone broth

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:31:21 PM by R.R. Book »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2019, 02:59:39 PM »
Ilinda, can you describe that?

Some info here as well: 
Topic: "Oil pulling" ancient Indian technique kills strep, helps improve conditions  (Read 7586 times)
https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,5298.msg74829.html#msg74829 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
Back to the above studies which suggested dietary means of preventing plaque build-up in the brain:

It seems we should be including some saturated fats in our diet, as long as they are not trans-fats, and as long as they are not part of sweets.

Healthy saturated fats, which are naturally "fully hydrogenated" rather than "partially hydrogenated":

Coconut oil
Palm oil
Cocoa butter
Lard

In order to maintain cardiovascular health on such a high-fat diet, might want to supplement with:

a full-spectrum digestive enzyme including fat-dissolving lipase.  Enzyme supplementation is especially important for people born without the ability to metabolize homocysteine, as a number of them are lacking in the entire spectrum of enzymes.

Fiber

Antioxidants

Magnesium

Co-Q-10

PQQ

B-100 complex to prevent homocysteine formation (some of the B vitamins are also capable of switching bad genes off and switching good genes on, and excessive homocysteine formation is due to a faulty genetic switch)

Avoid sugar (using 100% stevia without added dextrose, instead of chemical sweeteners)

Avoid preservatives

Add the amino acid glutamine (as opposed to the inflammatory additive glutamate)

Add probiotics or full-fat yogurt sweetened with fruit, stevia or a little all-fruit jam

Add curcumins

Avoid cigarette smoke and drugs such as statins, birth control pills, antibiotics, antacids, NSAIDS

Add gelatine

Add bone broth

Awesome posts, R.R. and Ilinda!
Thanks so much!
:)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2019, 07:15:23 PM »

Some info here as well: 
Topic: "Oil pulling" ancient Indian technique kills strep, helps improve conditions  (Read 7586 times)
Barb, thanks for the reminder, as your link says that coconut oil is the only one which can stop the growth of Streptococcus bacteria.  That's important, because Strep. often live in oral and nasal cavities.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »

Coconut oil
Palm oil
Cocoa butter
Lard

Fiber

Antioxidants

Magnesium

Co-Q-10

PQQ

Avoid preservatives

Add curcumins

Add gelatine

Add bone broth

Thank you, RR, for posting the warning about high-fat diet, although I seriously think a lot of the good fat is really good for us.  One thing to add to the list of fatty foods is avocado, whose fat is about 15% saturated.  That's the really good kind of saturated fat, as is the fat in eggs and walnuts.   About 8% of the fat in eggs is saturated and about 24% of fat in walnut is saturated.  Think of how very delicious and good for us walnuts, eggs and avocados are!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2019, 10:50:38 PM »

Some info here as well: 
Barb, thanks for the reminder, as your link says that coconut oil is the only one which can stop the growth of Streptococcus bacteria.  That's important, because Strep. often live in oral and nasal cavities.

Yes, this is a good thing to remember...

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2019, 05:14:46 AM »
From Ilinda:

One thing to add to the list of fatty foods is avocado, whose fat is about 15% saturated.  That's the really good kind of saturated fat, as is the fat in eggs and walnuts.   About 8% of the fat in eggs is saturated and about 24% of fat in walnut is saturated.  Think of how very delicious and good for us walnuts, eggs and avocados are!

Absolutely, and I will miss having avocadoes in SHTF, as they don't grow in most of the U.S., and their continued distribution to the North is heavily dependent upon the trucking industry.  They are, sadly, one of my favorite foods...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2019, 02:51:08 AM »
From Ilinda:

One thing to add to the list of fatty foods is avocado, whose fat is about 15% saturated.  That's the really good kind of saturated fat, as is the fat in eggs and walnuts.   About 8% of the fat in eggs is saturated and about 24% of fat in walnut is saturated.  Think of how very delicious and good for us walnuts, eggs and avocados are!

Absolutely, and I will miss having avocadoes in SHTF, as they don't grow in most of the U.S., and their continued distribution to the North is heavily dependent upon the trucking industry.  They are, sadly, one of my favorite foods...

When I lived in the "Inland Empire" of Los Angeles, Hemet, CA I had a really tall avocado tree. Whoever nurtured it did a good job, it was a really good avocado bearing tree. I had tons of them enough for holiday gift baskets and lots for salads in the wintertime.
Avocado trees need to be fertilized. There is some method to it which i do not know, getting avocados off to a good start. i was just fortunate enough to have avocado, plum, orange, navel orange on the property. Traded some oranges for lovely grapefruit from my neighbor.

It was an upper desert area but had underground water and the trees had deep roots. One or two times a neighbor saw me spraying the tall avocado tree with the hose and giving it a good soak from time to time. He said it was not necessary but I did that with all my trees. the temp showed at about 114 at times or higher. The trees seem to love the spray and flourished I had lots of fruit. I have not worked with plants or gardening much but on the rare occasion, I seemed to have a green thumb. people would say you don't have to do this or that, but the plants liked what I was doing. The pics look like my tree and my avocados.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2019, 02:58:23 AM »

Some info here as well: 

ilinda, thanks for the reminder on that too...

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2019, 03:57:23 AM »
What a beautiful tree Barb - I wonder how far north they grow? 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:08:04 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2019, 08:38:20 PM »
Barb, thanks for your avocado story.  You do have a green thumb, even if you're not growing much at this moment. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2019, 10:28:35 AM »
Barb, thanks for your avocado story.  You do have a green thumb, even if you're not growing much at this moment.

Yep a rusty green thumb, haha.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2019, 10:33:20 AM »
PS: I am quickly posting this. I am not the expert so I do not know if this is the best info or not, but looks good.
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/make-avocado-tree-bear-fruit-44718.html

How to Make an Avocado Tree Bear Fruit

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW