Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Disturbing News Stories  (Read 21200 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Disturbing News Stories
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »
Our family is seeing flags flying at half-mast all around the area here.  Does anyone know why?
In the past month I saw one, and hubby also saw one, and in past 2-3 days I saw another.  Hubby reminded me that the elder Bush had died, and maybe that is why we saw the ones earlier, but I didn't tie them together at the time, so at this late date it's difficult to know.

However a couple of days ago is too late (I think) for someone to still be flying a flag at half-mast for a President who died a couple of weeks earlier.  Any other ideas?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2018, 06:58:34 PM »
Well, I considered that maybe it was done because the Congressional budget is still unsigned (last that I heard anyway), but that would be a melodramatic way of protesting it.

Because the half-mast flags are so wide-spread, am guessing that it must be something on a national/federal level, rather than local or regional.

Hope it's not something predictive.  :-X

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #227 on: December 24, 2018, 06:28:29 AM »
Next time I see one, if time permits,  I'll just go inside and ask!  It may solve the mystery.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #228 on: December 24, 2018, 06:49:42 AM »
 ;)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #229 on: December 24, 2018, 06:52:23 AM »
Wiki says that it's proper to leave the flag at half-mast for 10 days after the announcement of a president's death.

G.H.W. Bush's death was announced on November 30.

Upon the official announcement of the death of the President or a former President, the flag should be flown at half-mast for ten days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-mast

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #230 on: January 02, 2019, 04:11:35 PM »

‘Hyper-alarming’ study reveals dramatic decline of insect population in rainforest

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/insect-population-decrease-hyper-alarming-puerto-rico-rainforest-invertebrate-bugs-america-a8586126.html

Insects around the world are in a crisis, according to a small but growing number of long-term studies showing dramatic declines in invertebrate populations. A new report suggests that the problem is more widespread than scientists realised. Huge numbers of bugs have been lost in a pristine national forest in Puerto Rico, the study found, and the forest's insect-eating animals have gone missing, too.

In 2014, an international team of biologists estimated that, in the past 35 years, the abundance of invertebrates such as beetles and bees had decreased by 45 per cent. In places where long-term insect data is available, mainly in Europe, insect numbers are plummeting. A study last year showed a 76 per cent decrease in flying insects in the past few decades in German nature preserves.

"This study in PNAS is a real wake-up call - a clarion call - that the phenomenon could be much, much bigger, and across many more ecosystems," said David Wagner, an expert in invertebrate conservation at the University of Connecticut who was not involved with this research. He added: "This is one of the most disturbing articles I have ever read.”

"It's bewildering and I'm scared to death that it's actually death by a thousand cuts," Mr Wagner said. "One of the scariest parts about it is we don't have an obvious smoking gun here." A particular danger to these arthropods, in his view, was not temperature but droughts and lack of rainfall.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Disturbing News Stories: Mass hunger in the U.S.?
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »
Originally the media was saying that the federal budget crisis would not affect those on the modern plastic equivalent of food stamps until February, but it's already happening, according to Zerohedge:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-07/indiana-grocery-store-cant-process-food-stamp-payments-due-govt-shutdown

Already stretched local food banks will now likely be even more in need of food donations. 

Unfortunately, the public's attention turns most often to the needs of food banks around the Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays, which are behind us now, or several months away, depending upon how you look at it.

For those preppers already on a tight budget, maybe as we rotate our emergency food, we might find some to share?

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2019, 09:40:55 AM »

‘Hyper-alarming’ study reveals dramatic decline of insect population in rainforest

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/insect-population-decrease-hyper-alarming-puerto-rico-rainforest-invertebrate-bugs-america-a8586126.html

Insects around the world are in a crisis, according to a small but growing number of long-term studies showing dramatic declines in invertebrate populations. A new report suggests that the problem is more widespread than scientists realised. Huge numbers of bugs have been lost in a pristine national forest in Puerto Rico, the study found, and the forest's insect-eating animals have gone missing, too.

In 2014, an international team of biologists estimated that, in the past 35 years, the abundance of invertebrates such as beetles and bees had decreased by 45 per cent. In places where long-term insect data is available, mainly in Europe, insect numbers are plummeting. A study last year showed a 76 per cent decrease in flying insects in the past few decades in German nature preserves.

"This study in PNAS is a real wake-up call - a clarion call - that the phenomenon could be much, much bigger, and across many more ecosystems," said David Wagner, an expert in invertebrate conservation at the University of Connecticut who was not involved with this research. He added: "This is one of the most disturbing articles I have ever read.”

"It's bewildering and I'm scared to death that it's actually death by a thousand cuts," Mr Wagner said. "One of the scariest parts about it is we don't have an obvious smoking gun here." A particular danger to these arthropods, in his view, was not temperature but droughts and lack of rainfall.
Interestingly, nobody mentions the introduction of systemic pesticides, such as as neonictinoids, which are insecticides increasingly used worldwide.  They have only been around in recent years, and are known to kill honeybees, in addition to all other insects, and probably other lifeforms.  These pesticides are incorporated into every cell of the crop, and cannot be washed off, nor will rain remove the chemical.  Plus, pollen from these pesticide laden crops can drift for miles, so it matters not whether the insect visits the flower, or is looking only for morning dew, or nibbles on the leaves of the plant, that insect will be poisoned and die.

And of course without insects around, those insect-eating birds do not survive.  Everything is related and connected in one way or another.

Scientists and government employees seem to be afraid to say anything that might offend industry, who makes billions off of killing things.

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2019, 03:13:59 PM »

I think that the “5G deployment” is MUCH more sinister than we are being told ..

20,000 Satellites for 5G to be Launched Sending Focused Beams of Intense Microwave Radiation Over Entire Earth!!   :o

http://healthimpactnews.com/2019/20000-satellites-for-5g-to-be-launched-sending-focused-beams-of-intense-microwave-radiation-over-entire-earth/

Public attention about 5G has been focused on the plans of telecom companies to install millions of small cell towers on electric utility poles, on public buildings and schools, on bus stop shelters, in public parks, and anywhere they want in national parks and on federally owned land.

In local urban communities there would be a cell tower approximately every 500 feet along every street.

As bad as these small cell towers might seem from the standpoint of constant exposure to radio frequency (RF) radiation in close proximity to the source, perhaps an even more alarming prospect will be the beaming of millimeter length microwaves at the earth from thousands of new communication satellites.

The FCC gave approval to SpaceX on March 29, 2018, to launch 4,425 satellites into low orbit around the Earth. [1]

The total number of satellites that is expected to be put into low and high orbit by several companies will be 20,000 satellites. [1]
5G will use Phased Array Antennas to shoot Beams of Radiation at Cell Phones

This means that if you are in a crowded location, such as an airport or on a train, there will be hundreds if not thousands of invisible beams of radiation flying through the environment at the speed of light.

As people move in that environment, their bodies will be penetrated by numerous beams of radiation as they walk or as other people walk around them with their 5G smartphones

Why is 5G so Much More Dangerous than Previous Microwave Communication Systems?

Arthur Firstenberg, author, researcher, and advocate for limiting RF exposure from the environment, explains the analysis of 5G radiation that was published in Microwave News in 2002. He stated:

The 5G satellites have a relatively short lifespan, perhaps only 5 years, which means there will be high numbers of rocket launches, not just in the next few years, but in every year for the foreseeable future. [3]
Mercury-based Rocket Fuel Could Spread Neurotoxins Over the Earth

As bad as liquid and solid rocket fuels will be for the environment, Apollo Fusion is developing a mercury-based propulsion system for launching rockets.

These ion propulsion rocket engines use powerful magnets to push away small charged particles at high speeds, which generates thrust. NASA experimented with mercury ion propulsion in the 1960s, but abandoned the research.

Telecom Companies are Creating a Worldwide Disaster in the Name of Technological Progress

5G is promoted as being the next great wonder in the plan to advance technology to create smart cities where everything and everyone is instantly connected in real time with no lags or lost signals.

There is Nowhere to Hide from 5G Radiation!!

Today, it is possible to live in a location that has reduced levels of microwave exposure. This is accomplished by choosing a living space that is far away from cell phone towers.

However, in the near future, it won’t matter where we live, because 5G will irradiate us wherever we happen to live or work.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »
As one aware person said, the 5G system being rolled out isn't really for communication--it's a weapon system in disguise.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2019, 05:32:14 AM »
I find it ironic that they want to impose a carbon emissions tax on us while doing things like this to the environment.  Grotesque hypocrisy if you ask me.

Can we all learn to do without cell phones again?  I don't carry one now.

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2019, 03:20:54 PM »
--it's a weapon system in disguise.

Yes for sure!! I Wisdom Teachings David has been talking about the movie:

“Captain America the Winter Soldier” :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America:_The_Winter_Soldier

Rogers returns to the Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s headquarters, to confront Fury and is briefed about Project Insight: three Helicarriers linked to spy satellites, designed to preemptively eliminate threats. Unable to decrypt the data recovered by Romanoff, Fury becomes suspicious about Insight and asks senior S.H.I.E.L.D. official and Secretary of Internal Security Alexander Pierce to delay the project.

They discover a secret S.H.I.E.L.D. bunker in New Jersey, where they activate a supercomputer containing the preserved consciousness of Arnim Zola. Zola reveals that ever since S.H.I.E.L.D. was founded after World War II, Hydra has secretly operated within its ranks, sowing global chaos with the objective of making humanity surrender its freedom in exchange for security. The pair narrowly escape death when a S.H.I.E.L.D. missile destroys the bunker. They realize that Pierce is Hydra's leader within S.H.I.E.L.D.

Rogers and Romanoff enlist the help of former USAF pararescueman Sam Wilson, whom Rogers befriended, and acquire his powered "Falcon" wingpack. Deducing that S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Jasper Sitwell is a Hydra mole, they force him to divulge that Zola developed a data-mining algorithm that can identify individuals becoming threats to Hydra. The Insight Helicarriers will sweep the globe, using satellite-guided guns to eliminate these individuals.

David talks about how acurate the “fictitious” plot line from the move is that starts with the Nazi scientists coming to this country from WW II (Project Paperclip).

Project Insight reminded me of how the 5G satellites could be used scary:

Project Insight:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Insight

Project Insight involved three heavily armed, satellite-linked Helicarriers designed to proactively strike out against potential threats to the United States of America before they actually happened. In 2014, the project was to be put into effect, but through the actions of a HYDRA infiltration, the operation was turned against S.H.I.E.L.D.. HYDRA planned on using Arnim Zola's algorithm to root out individuals that would oppose or threaten HYDRA's goals. The algorithm used every variable of a person's life such as bank records, voting patterns, and even standardized testing scores.

There were at least 715,854 individuals targeted.[1][2] While attempting to justify his actions to Nick Fury, Alexander Pierce suggested that Project Insight would kill approximately 20 million people in total.

The three Helicarriers were launched from an underground launch facility next to the Triskelion on the Potomac River. Once they reached a certain altitude, their guns would fire on all potential targets HYDRA deemed a threat to their plans.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2019, 07:32:06 PM »
I find it ironic that they want to impose a carbon emissions tax on us while doing things like this to the environment.  Grotesque hypocrisy if you ask me.

Can we all learn to do without cell phones again?  I don't carry one now.
It would make more sense to stop emitting so much carbon, and/or figure out better ways to sequester it.  Carbon tax won't do a thing to help the environment, IMHO.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2019, 05:02:22 PM »
Returning to the mass hunger in America due to our current political situation (which could be a blind for another situation):

@ around 34 minutes into this Marfoogle News recorded livestream, mention is made that public schools are no longer offering free lunches to children from low-income families.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8V5v7Bpu4E

There may be numerous children now only eating once or twice a day, and how will they cope with school assignments, let alone physical exertion in gym?  How will they get through the lunch hour, when other children are eating until they are full?

I remember that our family had struggled to make ends meet when I was in middle school, as I have several younger siblings that had come into the picture (and am so thankful for each of them).  My parents were able to afford to make me a lunch to take to school every day: two slices of bread with a slice of cheese in the middle, and one orange.  I got so tired of the same meal every noon for those three years, but now realize how blessed I was to have that.  :)

And I remember how my grandparents would fill our Christmas stockings with uncracked nuts and clementines (which smelled wonderful), and when we wondered aloud why, they shared that those were major, major treats in rural Oklahoma during the Great Depression.  So that orange that I was tired of eating every day for my school lunch, they only received once a year.

A foretaste of things to come?

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:32:34 PM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2019, 10:42:39 AM »
I may inquire around here re the free school lunches being eliminated.  There are boatloads of free food given away at about every church I can think of.  It works like this:
the stuff they give away is commodities and the taxpayers are paying for it, and it's not the kind of stuff you'd pay money for in the stores.  The best example is their "cheese".

A neighbor, retired pastor, and his wife work at the food banks in several of the local churches, and they always come home with excess blocks of cheese.  Apparently there's more cheese than needy people want or need, as there's always plenty leftover, so pastor and wife take it home, not for their own use, but to further give away.

They gifted us with one of the blocks of cheese for our next pizza party, and it is a hard cheese that is hermetically sealed in heavy, clear plastic, but there is no label whatsoever.  No ingredient list, and not even a label that says "Cheese". 

I've been guessing that all this free cheese is made from cows treated with genetically engineered growth hormone, as there was such a ruckus raised over the GM cheese a few years ago, that maybe industry such as Monsanto, decided a better way to dump this potentially toxic "cheese" is to make a deal with the Feds to allow taxpayers to pay for the cheese, as it is distributed through church food banks.  Or, this free cheese could be that stuff we read about in the past year or two, where an "anti-foaming agent", something rather toxic, was allowed to be included in cheese to "improve" its texture.

I've already read that the public schools are used as a dumping ground for commodities, such as the same stuff they give away in food banks.  This way poor children receive free food, and industry continues to make money off of substandard food.  Will check on this...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW