Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Is the Earth Flat?  (Read 3049 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: Sun & Moon on a flattish Earth
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
above responses are of course based on the mainstream assumption [/conditioning...] that the 'Sun' is 93,000,000 miles away. Hollow Earth theory helps explain what 'the Sun' might actually be...

According to the Taylors' book The Land of no Horizon all planets are hollow but they also all contain an 'inner sun' [one or many, in fact]. This inner sun is the product of billions of years of infrared heat collecting inside of a vacuum. It's the same principle as stars, just on a smaller scale; a kind of plasma ball collects/is created at the middle of a vacuum since infrared energies aren't dissappated into space as happens on the surface.
Now, if a planet were destroyed [as is suggested in the Tiamat story], this inner sun would not (necessarily) be destroyed as well. The moon, then, is potentially one of Nibiru's or Tiamat's satelites since it is far too large to naturally belong to something the size of Earth. Moon and Sun are then something completely different than we're all commonly led to believe.

"Why all this subterfuge?", one might well ask. Well, that's similar to all kinds of science that are being held back because they would allow other science*. You see, if it is clear that Earth is not a planet but a planetoid, the whole world would be asking why this is the case. This in turn would lead to research that points to our Anunnaki heritage. At the moment this is a fringe matter that's popularly ridiculed, ignored or made little of; but if the matter of Planet X were primary rather than fringe, it would no longer be possible to maintain the bs story of mankind popping up out of nowhere a few thousand years ago, etc. This would change everything.

So, is the Sun really some massive burning object many millions of miles away? How would you know? All we know is what NASA tells us... Hence the flatearthers challenge:
Argue that the Earth is spherical without using the word "NASA"...

One 'flatearther' theory is that Sun and moon circle above the Earth but relatively near to us. But either way [i.e. 93,000,000 million or a few thousand miles], how would you know?
We think as we're told to think, but in the end, how can we know?
We do, however, know that the popular myth is full of holes and makes no sense whatsoever. Just as it makes no sense whatsoever that mankind crept out of a stone age a few thousand years ago after having supposedly lived like apes for god knows how many hundreds of thousands of years, it makes no sense that all of our information about space comes from not only one source, but a source that's governmental, military [,for most people on Earth foreign...] and monopolistic.
As the Greek philosopher Socrates pointed out time and time again, accept what you do not know and work from there. Contarily, popular culture is built on popular assumptions and belief in what we're told by supposed authorities of all kinds. [Socrates was killed for pointing out that this is insane (and refusing to disavow his assertations.]

Where is the Sun? How do i know?
What is gravity? How do i know?
What is the shape of the Earth? How do i know?
The popular explanations are not backed by real science. Mainly they are backed by propaganda spread by public school systems that promote a 'religious' trust in institutions like NASA and 'pictures' spread by NASA that are not even real pictures [they admit themselves!] but compilations pieced together based on data from many images.
So the common sense questions impose themselves:

After decades of NASA supposedly being out in space, why are there no actual pictures being presented by astronauts and why are there no 360 degree videos made by NASA or astronauts?
Why is there a monopoly of space?
Why are there no stars to be seen around NASA's supposed original first picture of Earth?
etc. etc. So many legitimate questions and no reason why they cannot simply be answered. If everything were so cut-and-dried as everyone suggests, then why are there so many questions?
One cannot blame flatearthers for being sceptical. We're all really not being given much to work with after all. Just believe, seems to be the general mainstream consensus, but if i just believed what so-called authorities tell me, then why the hell do i consider the matter of Planet X...?

Flatearthers cannot answer every question sphericalearthers have, but then neither can sphericalearthers answer those of flatearthers. So why should the burden of proof lie with those questioning the popular story? Isn't NASA the one with all the resources? So then why do they refuse to supply the world with incontrovertible proof? You'd think they'd be so darn proud of their accomplishments that they'd take every chance they get to justify all the billions it took to get them into space.
Common sense demands scepticism, for much of this makes absolutely no sense at all.

* One example of this is that the science of how to neutralize radiation has been known since the '70s but TPTB refuse to apply said science since the knowledge and understanding that lie at the root of it would also lead to applications like zero point energy. So TPTB would rather allow Fukushima to poison the entire Pacific than allow the development of zero point energy which would wholly undermine energy/oil power structures that now rule the world.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:58:54 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sun & Moon on a flattish Earth
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 01:46:23 PM »

assumption [/conditioning...] that the 'Sun' is 93,000,000 miles away. Hollow Earth theory helps explain what 'the Sun' might actually be...

So, is the Sun really some massive burning object many millions of miles away? How would you know? All we know is what NASA tells us... Hence the flatearthers challenge:

One 'flatearther' theory is that Sun and moon circle above the Earth but relatively near to us. But either way [i.e. 93,000,000 million or a few thousand miles], how would you know?
One way to determine the distance between the Earth and the moon is to shine an Earth-based laser at the moon, and measure the length of time it takes for the beam to exit the laser and return to Earth.  The total time it takes can be halved and that time is used to calculate distance from knowledge of laser light velocity.

Before the Apollo missions placed reflectors on the moon for this purpose, scientists aimed lasers at the moon directly and got approximate distance, but due to the spreading out of the light over such a distance, accuracy wasn't too high.  But lasers have improved, and now there are reflectors for the purpose, placed there on several different Apollo missions.

Also, radar can be used, and has been used for the same purpose, due to knowing the velocity of radio waves in a near vacuum.

Further, before all this technology, Greeks had done observations, combined with math to determine distance and more.  In fact, I might be more inclined to believe the ancient observations because they used their heads and observational abilities more than modern-day researchers who rely on technology.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Is the Earth Flat?
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 07:12:12 PM »
THANK you Barb, we needed that!

Learning as I go...
All I know is, a fact is a fact. The ancients, and we are talking many thousands of years ago on this planet, knew about the basic solar system, the round shape of planets, etc.
thre have been a couple times in human history when the ptb suppresses scientific knowledge, knowledge discuvered thousands of years earlier. Scientosts were threatened with burning at the stake.
currently the earth is flat is sort of a anti scientific movement...Even i am surprised it has come to this... and that idea is spreading along with other whackadoo ideas

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: lasers to the moon
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 12:56:33 PM »
Hence the flatearthers challenge:
Before the Apollo missions placed reflectors on the moon for this purpose, scientists aimed lasers at the moon directly and got approximate distance, but due to the spreading out of the light over such a distance, accuracy wasn't too high.  But lasers have improved, and now there are reflectors for the purpose, placed there on several different Apollo missions.
Wait, don't tell me; your source is NASA...?
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: lasers to the moon
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
Hence the flatearthers challenge:
Wait, don't tell me; your source is NASA...?
My source is not NASA.  And of course NASA was not the source of information for Eratosthenes in ancient Greece, when he calculated the diameter of the Earth using observations of sun shadow at summer solstice (Alexandria and Cyene/Syene) as well as geometry and trigonometry. 

Probably about every science teacher alive today has read or heard about aiming lasers at an astronomical body and waiting for the light signal to return, in order to calculate distance between observation post and object.  Plus they also know about using radar to do the same thing.  The radar thing isn't a lot different from traffic cops who sit with their radar guns aiming at us while we drive by (except they are more interested in how much distance was covered during how much time so they can write tickets).

And also the U.S. isn't the only country to study these things.  The Soviets have done the same thing, and if they found that not only was the U.S. perpetrating this huge hoax on the citizens, plus over two thousand years ago Eratosthenes was also hoaxing the people about his observations and discoveries,  they would be delighted to unveil the fraud. 

Eratosthenes, born in Lybia 276 B.C., and died in 194 B.C. in Greece, was way ahead of his time!

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
CCCP
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 09:51:36 AM »
And also the U.S. isn't the only country to study these things.  The Soviets have done the same thing, and if they found that not only was the U.S. perpetrating this huge hoax on the citizens
Please don't tell me you don't know that the cold war was a hoax...

Did you know that one war between France and Britain was while the very same king ruled over both nations?... There is so much about politics that common folk never consider; so, both the Soviets and Americans used [/abused] the cold war to frighten everyone on Earth with annihilation...
Doesn't mean they were enemies. And history repeats itself as the ignorant sleep.

What do we see in regard to space? That it's only 'Russians' and Americans having any say in the matter. Remember Space Ship One? A billionaire attempts to enter space and... poof! Sh!t explodes.
So convenient...

The monopoly of space is real and only undermined by the impression that Russia and the U.S. are at odds. They are not.
survival database

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 12:37:47 PM »
Also the current British Monarchy has German roots and changed their name to Windsor about a 100 years ago to try and cover up the fact ..

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 06:38:11 PM »
Am still waiting for the research that proves our Earth is flat.  Really now, of all the lunar eclipses, there would have to be some odd-shaped ones if the Earth is flat.

Plus remember that genius Eratosthenes and all his observations and calculations.  We are waiting for at least one flat-earther to post pictures or at least one picture taken of the Earth from satellite or space station or space launch, or lunar eclipse shadow that shows the Earth as FLAT.  Remember the shadow that gradually covers the moon in a lunar eclipse is that of the Earth, and that's why the shadow appears rounded--an oblate spheroid, but close enough to spherical that it's OK to refer to it as a sphere.

Remember, there are thousands of citizens unveiling the truth about the incoming space objects, and that is in spite of MSM near-silence.   So if the Earth were flat there would be thousands of citizens taking pictures and doing calculations proving it to be true--and it would be all over the internet.  But there are just people who make the claim without anything to back it up except words.  Not exactly science like Eratosthenes did.

Waiting for those eclipse photos of the flat earth.  We will all be glad to critique them.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: burden of proof
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 10:52:24 PM »
Am still waiting for the research that proves our Earth is flat.
The burden of proof is not on flatearthers. It is on everyone.
And the mainstream so-called proof concerning the shape of Earth is circumstantial at best while it's main source [i.e. NASA] is extremely suspect.
Also, i am waiting [and will no doubt wait until hell freezes over] for sphericalearthers to answer just the few legitimate questions flatearthers have raised and i've mentioned in this thread. As i've said before, if everything is so self-evident, they why don't sphericalearthers simply answer these basic questions and put the thing to rest?
The answer to that not rhetorical question is: because the matter is not self-evident at all. Sphericalearthers refuse to answer these questions, not because they are lazy, arrogant or nasty, it is because they cannot. So all they do is repeat the same things over and over again without deigning to acknowledge that flatearthers present very reasonable doubts concerning, and arguments against, Spherical Earth Theory.

Also, i find it remarkable how the irony of the matter seems lost on (at least) some on this message board that 99.99% of folks would condemn, ridicule and scoff at everyone talking about Planet X, but how it's still possible for any member of this board to do exactly the same thing in regard to another matter that the mainstream ridicules, ignores and treats condenscendingly, i.e. that of Flat Earth Theory.
"Where is your proof that Planet X is real?", they ask and you (correctly) say you have justified doubts and there are signs that point to this reality. But when a flatearther says the same, even sphericalearthers here [and that's the irony] say the exact same words mainstreamers do in regard to Planet X.
I am reminded of the Biblical warning concerning such matters:
23 “Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24 In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars.[c] 25 He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.
26 “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27 Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.
28 “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars.[d] He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.
29 “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30 But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.
31 “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32 Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.

I myself am not saying the Earth is flat or flattish; i'm saying i do not know and that i won't accept either story simply because 'the authorities' or 9 billion people believe one version or the other. However, i have looked into the matter of Flat Earth Theory and have become convinced that flatearthers present some very good points. Many of these points are how weak are the points made by sphericalearthers, i.e. how little actual evidence there is to back up Spherical Earth Theory.
I'm of the opinion that faith in the popular meme is premature and evidence that one has not looked into the topic very well. Which is everyone's right of course. I'm not calling anyone names and am quite happy to agree to disagree, just as i disagree with 99.99% of folks who ignore the topic of Planet X.
Also, i suspect that the topics Flat Earth, Planet X and Hollow Earth are intimately linked.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:28:56 PM by Socrates »
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: burden of proof
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 02:17:27 PM »
how little actual evidence there is to back up Spherical Earth Theory.
Have you ever read and studied all the observations and calculations done by Eratosthenes?

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: calculations done 2000 years ago...
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
circumstantial evidence...
How should i care what was calculated millennia ago?

With all the resources NASA (supposedly) has at it's disposal, they should be 'charitable' enough to supply the world with absolute proof that Spherical Earth Theory is actual fact rather than theory.
Instead, sphericalearthers tell flatearthers that the burden of proof lies with them.
If one cannot see the irony in this, one cannot be saved from authority worship...

NASA is supposedly the one with all the resources, and this is the flatearthers' main issue with NASA ["Never A Straight Answer"]; after 50 to 60 years in space, why has NASA never[!] given humanity simple pictures or videos?
C'mon, man! It's the 21st century, for Pete's sake! After trillions of resources, it's too tall an order to lime a GoPro to an astronaut's helmet to show the waiting world about space...?!
This is what bothers 'flatearthers'.
"Proof"? It is the lack of proof from those in power, from those with the resources, that is telling, that is compelling and that is suspicious.

Proof?
Proof?!
If everything is so bloody 'self-evident', then where is your proof?
Truly, if things are so clear that you scoff at flatearthers, then where is your undeniable proof that the Earth is spherical?
Your answers are tactical and political, and these are the signs of someone backed into a corner for lack of substance. There is no proof, one way or the other. I, at least, am willing to admit that i do not know what is the case. That is why my handle is "Socrates"... I know [admit to myself] that i do not know.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:49:59 PM by Socrates »
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: calculations done 2000 years ago...
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 05:44:38 PM »
circumstantial evidence...
How should i care what was calculated millennia ago?

With all the resources NASA (supposedly) has at it's disposal, they should be 'charitable' enough to supply the world with absolute proof that Spherical Earth Theory is actual fact rather than theory.
Instead, sphericalearthers tell flatearthers that the burden of proof lies with them.
If one cannot see the irony in this, one cannot be saved from authority worship...

NASA is supposedly the one with all the resources, and this is the flatearthers' main issue with NASA ["Never A Straight Answer"]; after 50 to 60 years in space, why has NASA never[!] given humanity simple pictures or videos?
C'mon, man! It's the 21st century, for Pete's sake! After trillions of resources, it's too tall an order to lime a GoPro to an astronaut's helmet to show the waiting world about space...?!
This is what bothers 'flatearthers'.
"Proof"? It is the lack of proof from those in power, from those with the resources, that is telling, that is compelling and that is suspicious.

Proof?
Proof?!
If everything is so bloody 'self-evident', then where is your proof?
Truly, if things are so clear that you scoff at flatearthers, then where is your undeniable proof that the Earth is spherical?
Your answers are tactical and political, and these are the signs of someone backed into a corner for lack of substance. There is no proof, one way or the other. I, at least, am willing to admit that i do not know what is the case. That is why my handle is "Socrates"... I know [admit to myself] that i do not know.
Really now, I have never said "I want proof".  All I asked was if you had ever read the observations and calculations of Eratosthenes.  That's not exactly asking for proof of anything. 

Further, I'm not asking for proof of anything, but just trying to understand what the flat-earthers understand.

And further, even the non-flat earthers know the Earth is not a perfect sphere.  Is any sphere really a "perfect" sphere?  I will admit I tried to understand what the claims of the flatearthers are, except that the earth is flat, and whenever I click on a video about it, there is never any evidence to look at.  Maybe "it" is out there, but I haven't found it.

And BTW, I'm perfectly fine with you, Socrates, or with anyone else, and everyone else on this planet, or in or on any other plane of existence believing in the flatearth theory.  Really it's fine!  People have the right to believe what they want!  Betcha everyone believes that.  LOL

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: belief
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 11:11:36 AM »
To be clear, i believe (in) nothing, for i am an adult [belief, in general, is for children, slaves and retards, by definition]. All i go by is data, logic and common sense.
But (as an adult) i will willingly admit when data, logic or common sense are lacking, i.e. i'm comfortable leaving my comfort zone behind...

I don't care what the masses believe, i.e. what is popularly considered real. Whatever.
As far as the data, logic and common sense in regard to the shape of the Earth are concerned, i side with the 'flatearthers' until further data, logic or common sense are forthcoming.

I will not go into what has been added to this thread that is illogical or contrary, for (as an adult) i do not care about the opinions of others [since i'm only interested in data, logic and common sense].
Agree to disagree is one of my mottos since so many seem to care about what billions of people say or think [again, ironic on a message board debating a topic that 7,000,000,000 folk would deem 'insane'...].
survival database

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »
Flat-Earther Explains Why No One Has Fallen Off The Edge Of The Flat Earth

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/watch-flat-earther-explains-why-no-one-has-fallen-off-the-edge-of-the-flat-earth_032018

Connor, son of famous flat-earther Dave Murphy, spoke exclusively to UNILAD about NASA, the Sun, Photoshop and pretty much everything you’ve ever wanted to ask someone who thinks the reason you see the curvature of Earth from a plane is because the windows are round.

One prominent flat-Earther, Connor Murphy, has revealed why this doesn’t happen. He’s concluded that the Earth has no edge at all.  Fascinating, right?  Well, actually, Murphy thinks we live in some kind of magical gravity less snowglobe.

Max
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2018, 10:44:41 AM »

Beautiful illustration of the notion, if nothing else.
survival database

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!