Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: CRANBERRIES  (Read 3191 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
CRANBERRIES
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »
Note from Yowbarb: I don't claim to be an expert on cranberries. I sure do not think I could grow them, but I do know from personal experience, my kidneys work better when I drink cranberry juice. I also "sense" an antibacterial property and and I seem to feel better in the digestive area.

I am not a purist. I drink inexpensive generic cranberry-cherry juice from WalMart, which does contain sugar. No high fructose corn syrup, no corn syrup, no colors etc.  It is delicious, sugar makes it go down easier, and even with sugar it helps me a lot.
(Granted, without sugar probably better.)

Years ago I shared a Metrolink train ride with a gal (met her on the train and we yakked nonstop between L.A. and Riverside.) She was African-American and had a number of complex health problems, like I did. She said, when she drinks the cranberry juice, her lupus goes into remission!!

This topic is about the use of cranberries, in any form, anything you know about them or how to use.
Please do not be shy, post your opinions, your recipes..

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-cranberry-juice.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=15Apr18WebPush

15 Amazing Benefits Of Cranberry Juice

The health benefits of cranberry juice include relief from urinary tract infection (UTI), respiratory disorders, kidney stones, cancer, and heart diseases. It is also beneficial in preventing stomach disorders and diabetes, as well as gum diseases caused by dental plaque. Phytonutrients, which are naturally derived plant compounds, are present in cranberries and have been found to prevent a wide range of health problems.

[MORE]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:33:47 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: CRANBERRIES
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 08:58:41 PM »
That is amazing how that woman's lupus went into remission when she would drink cranberry juice!  Thanks for posting both of these which I apparently missed.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 11:35:59 PM »
That is amazing how that woman's lupus went into remission when she would drink cranberry juice!  Thanks for posting both of these which I apparently missed.

Yes, that was wonderful yakking with her on the Metrolink. L.A. County a big area, never saw her again.
The tidbit about her lupus going into remission when she consumes cranberry extract capsules, that was just as she was hopping off the train. Big smiles. So great to run into people like that...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 11:38:09 PM »

My father had borderline, almost, prostrate cancer and he was taking the cranberry extract for awhile...
He never officially did get diagnosed with it and did survive to almost 86 years old so he did pretty well.
He and Mother used to take various extracts, Coenzyme Q10 etc.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 09:43:06 PM »
What makes a cranberry mighty? Antioxidants, resveratrol, and much more…

https://hsionline.com/2010/11/24/mighty-cranberry/

At dinner tomorrow, when you’re gathered around giving thanks with family and friends, if someone offers you cranberry sauce, or a slice of cranberry bread, or cranberry ANYthing–don’t even think about it.
The answer is YES.
You can thank me later.
Singing the hero
I know you’ve probably got many things to do and places to be on this holiday getaway-day, so I’ll get right to the heart of it: The cranberry is the unsung hero of Thanksgiving dinner.
Here are ten reasons why:
1   Cranberries contain plenty of vitamin C–exactly what you need as the busy socializing of the holiday season gets underway.
2   Cranberries are loaded with antioxidants. A few years ago I told you about a study that examined more than 100 different types of fruits, vegetables, beans and other foods. Cranberries ranked number six, right behind blueberries, and well ahead of strawberries, apples,
cherries, and plums.
3   The cranberry is an excellent source of resveratrol, the anti-inflammatory compound that’s been shown to protect heart and nerve cells while also assisting in DNA repair — one of the keys to fighting cancer.
4   And speaking of cancer, cranberry bioflavonoids have been linked to prevention of several cancers, including breast, prostate, colon and lung. In fact, scientists have discovered that cranberry components play a role in no less than five different anti-cancer mechanisms.
5   Cranberries help increase HDL cholesterol.
6   Cranberry juice helps prevent gum disease by killing bacteria that promotes dental plaque.
7   Cranberry juice helps prevent Helicobacter pylori from attaching to the gastric wall. H. pylori is the cause of nearly all gastric ulcers and also contributes to food allergies.
8   As many women know, cranberry juice helps clear up urinary tract infections. But a New England Journal of Medicine study shows that cranberry juice can actually prevent the infection in the first place. It stops E. coli from attaching to the bladder wall.
9    Cranberries reduce risk of kidney stone formation.
10  Cranberries relieve asthma by dilating the bronchial tubes.
And here’s a final bonus reason to enjoy cranberries: They taste great. Well, as long as you like tart, of course. And that can be a problem because sugar is often used to offset tartness. It’s especially a problem for those who use cranberry juice to fight off urinary tract infection because sugar actually feeds the infection.
There you have it: 10-plus-one reasons to indulge yourself when the cranberry sauce is passed around the table tomorrow.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Sources:
“Lipophilic and Hydrophilic Antioxidant Capacities of Common Foods in the United States” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 52, No. 12, pubs.acs.org/journal/jafcau
“Chicagohealers.com unlocks the secret powers of cranberries” November 2005, chicagohealers.com

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 05:06:55 AM »
Am growing my own mountain cranberries (as opposed to bog), and looking forward to making jam out of them this coming autumn. 

The jam can be used on English muffins, meats, crepes, etc. :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 12:23:37 PM »
Am growing my own mountain cranberries (as opposed to bog), and looking forward to making jam out of them this coming autumn. 

The jam can be used on English muffins, meats, crepes, etc. :)
R.R. wow! PLS post how you are doing this.
This is such valuable info!
 :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »
Here was my post on Phase I of the mountain cranberry project Barb:
https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,6541.msg107197.html#msg107197

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 07:47:15 PM »
Agree with Barb--keep us posted on your cranberry saga.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 11:46:51 PM »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 07:17:35 AM »
R.R.Book's cranberry-growing posts are here:

Northern Permaculture: Mountain Cranberries

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 06:44:55 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Screen shot is from
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-cranberry-juice.html

Note:
NIH is saying cranberry juice does suppress the h.pylori infection, in a fair amount of the population. This is good...  H. pylori causes the ulcers.
NIH, National Institute of Health

"CONCLUSIONS:
Regular consumption of cranberry juice can suppress H. pylori infection in endemically afflicted populations"

Article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15810945

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 06:52:18 AM »
R.R.Book's cranberry-growing posts are here:

Northern Permaculture: Mountain Cranberries

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW