ilinda - SURVIVAL HEALTH > Survival Recipes of the World

Longevity secrets from around the world

(1/5) > >>

R.R. Book:
Starting a thread based upon the Longevity series recommended by Ilinda.
Barb, if this thread would make more sense in another location, please feel free to move it to a better place on the board  :)

Posting a map of 5 areas on earth with the longest life-span, with accompanying explanation detailing cultural practices of those areas attributed to longevity there.

R.R. Book:
Reposting info from Ilinda:

--- Quote --- What is the Longevity series Ilinda?

https://humanlongevityfilm.com/

It started May 8 and should finish tomorrow.  They usually run these series a couple of times, but you almost have to binge-watch just to get it all.  But it's FREE.  They always offer the opportunity to buy the series, and I did with the Vaccines Revealed, as well as The Truth About Cancer series.
--- End quote ---

ilinda:
Glad you started this.  The series was great and am guessing they will replay it within a few months; if so, will post notice here.

R.R. Book:
Great Ilinda, and if you can remember any tidbits, please post them as well!  :)

ilinda:
For starters, after having viewed all of the episodes (9 IIRC), some of the common themes are:
1) community
2) much physical activity
3) eating "the old way"
4) helping others

A lot can be said about each of those categories.  Community for example is something that about everybody had.  I don't just mean people who live nearby.  Most of these people grew up in times without vehicles or rarely using them, and community meant that loosely knit group of people who lived nearby, or within walking distance of each other, and who interacted with the others very regularly.  It is almost impossible to replicate that now due to the internet, cars, air travel, etc., etc.  However, if the lifestyle of those in the most developed countries of the world were suddenly in upheaval, true community as it was in the past would have a chance to develop.  After the psychopaths and sociopaths were dealt with of course.

Physical activity is also extremely important.  One of the oldsters featured is now about 97 and at age 95, she was still climbing pineapple trees to fetch her fruit!  LOL  She was shown hoeing some ground in one of the clips.  What can a person say but WOW?  Also, I recall one study was quoted that said a questionnaire administered to the centenarians about exercise, and while all of them mentioned walking regularly, as in daily, none of them mentioned jogging.  That is easy to imagine, as jogging, with the purpose of squeezing exercise into a busy day, had not been needed back then.

And eating "the old way" meant eating unprocessed foods, including plenty of fruits and vegetables, and yes, breads.  However, their breads were made from some of the ancient wheats/grains that had not yet been altered by the corporados.  Plus, the ingredients were basic, such as grain, water, yeast or presumably a lot of sourdough.  No yeast needed there, and people made that at home.  No need to brominate the flour, or add toxic fats or toxic oils, no BHT needed to "preserving freshness", etc.  I recall one woman in her 90's mentioned casually that she did used to eat bread every day, "when bread was good".  She has apparently stopped eating bread now that commercially available bread has changed so much.  Plus they did not have forced vaccines as babies or children.

And helping others is self-explanatory.  Presumably, that endeavor helps the helper, because it puts the focus on someone else, rather than self.

I'll try to rack/wrack my brain for more tidbits.

Oh, here's one.  One of the few younger interviewees was a Costa Rican tour guide, who appears to be approximately in his 30's, and his life has dramatically changed, as has those of the oldsters, because of the fact that Costa Rica has been quickly developed in very recent years.  Tour guide said that even his brother, who is only six years younger has a very different attitude toward the computer world.  He indicated, without actual words, that his brother is like the teenagers and twentysomethings in more developed countries, where the computer or phone has a hold on him  (my words).  He did comment on this phenomenon a bit, somewhat in puzzlement.

Hopefully more to follow....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version