Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Supervolcanoes  (Read 3190 times)

MadMax

Re: Supervolcanoes
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 04:42:41 PM »
Yellowstone supervolcano: Is eruption imminent after 193 earthquakes in month?   ???

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1208292/yellowstone-park-volcano-earthquake-earthquakes-2019-usgs-news-volcanoes

YELLOWSTONE has seen almost 200 earthquakes rock the region in the past month, begging the question: is it about to erupt?

According to monitoring services from the US Geological Survey (USGS), the Yellowstone region in Wyoming has experienced 193 earthquakes in the past 28 days. All of the tremors were relatively small, with the largest registering as a magnitude three coming on November 10. While tremors in the Yellowstone region are not uncommon, almost 200 in one month is rare, with the National Park Service stating that the region usually has around 700 a year.

And experts warn it is not necessarily the size of an earthquake which is an indicator that a volcano might erupt, but the quantity of them.

Yowbarb

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 06:58:08 PM »
MadMax, wow, thanks for posting this article and maps, I hadn't heard of that many quakes in the area, in a row...
I'm  glad my chosen survival areas are well over to the east of the ash cloud...
Of course, there could be other ash clouds going from other eruptions, in the coming years...
Hoping people will protect themselves with a breathing apparatus and oxygen dispensers to help and filtration systems in their domes and bunkers.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 06:39:08 AM »
Someone had mentioned in a podcast this weekend that the future map with an inland sea forming in lieu of the West Coast is physically impossible, due to the fact that the tectonic plates are not moving away from one another.  So the scenario of the caldera(s) being extinguished by water would seem to be a fantasy.  I don't know, however, if calderas are capable of really heaving ash, since the cone is long expended?  A Kilauea-type lava seepage would seem to make more sense then.  Please educate me on this  :)

Yowbarb

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »
Someone had mentioned in a podcast this weekend that the future map with an inland sea forming in lieu of the West Coast is physically impossible, due to the fact that the tectonic plates are not moving away from one another.  So the scenario of the caldera(s) being extinguished by water would seem to be a fantasy.  I don't know, however, if calderas are capable of really heaving ash, since the cone is long expended?  A Kilauea-type lava seepage would seem to make more sense then.  Please educate me on this  :)

R.R. is this directed to Madmax?
Interesting points...

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
The potential for an ash cloud was mentioned a few posts ago, and I was musing that maybe instead of an ash cloud, there might be lahars...

Yowbarb

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
The potential for an ash cloud was mentioned a few posts ago, and I was musing that maybe instead of an ash cloud, there might be lahars...

That makes sense...
When it comes to the Yellowstone Supervolcano, I personally do not know what will happen...
I do know it is likely we will have numerous volcanic eruptions in a PX scenario with lots of ash...

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW