Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Solani's Topic: My visions, dreams and communications. Input much appreciated.  (Read 15219 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Solani, I agree with ilinda, it is so good you are resting... only do or confront as much as is comfortable, here on the town hall... even if you get bombarded with replies or messages, just take it easy. :) 

Solani

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Solani, It's so good to hear from you again, and what great news that you didn't need any additional cardiac procedures!

Nova is such a gem.  Please give her an extra hug from me  :)

Yep, I'm kinda like a "whacka-mole" (however you spell that, my spellchecker totally refused every variation of it so... 'eff it') I stay "hidden/buried" for while, sometimes longer, just to pop up again and again, when I'm least expected... LOL

Yes, Nova IS one of the best four-legged family members of the Canine/Canis Lupus family I've ever had the honor of belonging too. There isn't a day that goes by where she doesn't surprise me in some way, or "other". Mostly positive which I'm grateful for. Not so grateful the night she brought me a half dead and wet mouse while I was in bed... Surprised YES :o I think she learned that from my previous kitten Bubba when we were still living with Dan and she had to be locked up in her crate, next to my bed during the night. She is NEVER locked up now that we've moved... She was always irritated at the mice that would run across the bedroom floor during the night and Bubba, even if he was just a kitten would catch them for her, kill them and plop them on the floor right outside of the door to her crate. Kinda like saying, "Look, I caught it for you"... He never ate them, just played the daylights out of them and then gifted them to Nova. Not sure Nova was all that impressed but, it must have made a lasting impression since she now does that for me.... "Look mommy, I caught it for you". Ehhh... "Thanks sweetheart, now get it the hell away from me!" I'm not afraid of mice, rats, snakes or most other critters, (but a cold, wet, limp and half dead mouse, is just disgusting...) that is as long as they either have no legs or, only at most 4 legs... You'd think growing up in the swamps, I would be "immune" to multi legged creepy-crawlies but.... NOPE... I hate them with a passion!!! Sneaky little buggers! Could be that you can't hear them when they sneak up on you... Or maybe not, cause you CAN hear the BIG hairy spiders and the clicking of their "feet" when they walk across the floor.... *shudders* I seriously think the multi legged critters are the only things in this world that manage to actually scare me! Bring me a ghost, wolf, bear, alligator, snake, whatever any day and depending on what it is, I'll either respectfully back away or, pick it up and talk to it before putting it back down again... Well, I won't pick the ghost up but, you get the idea... Although, they have on occasion followed me home...  ;D Bring me a spider, cockroach or other creeping "monster" and you'll turn me into an instant woman, scrambling for higher ground!  :o Cockroaches I can understand why I hate since, I've been told that when my aunt came out to the swamps ONCE to check on me, she said that you couldn't see the color of the walls in the tiny cubbyhole I slept in, due to all the cockroaches crawling all over them...  :(

Anyhow... Nova is very special in many ways. Considering she is 1/4 Arctic Wolf, she is very mild tempered, even if she does have quite a few of the wolf traits, she doesn't have the "killer instinct". At least not yet... She made me very proud while I was in the hospital when she had to stay at Dan's place. His dog, a red Healer (Roxy) has been beating her up ever since she came to be with me when she was 8 weeks old. To the point where Roxy would seriously try to kill her when she was younger and I'd have to pull Roxy off of Nova. Roxy IS a pain in the ass and she's bitten me me on several occasions as well. That's one dog I wouldn't mind putting a bullet through her head! She has absolutely no manners, (yeah, I know it's not her fault) has not been taught what is allowed and what isn't. She learned some while I was living there but... Don't know how many times I told Dan over the 2 years Nova lived there that, there WILL come a day when Nova will NOT take this crap anymore and she WILL kill your dog... Fell on deaf ears of course, was told that healers are part Dingo and more or less indestructible... As well as that when they are seriously ticked off they shut off and don't feel pain and just go for the kill... Ehhh... OK, if you say so... Just remember, if Nova reaches the point where she's not taking it anymore and she kills her. If you shoot or hurt my dog in any way, I WILL make you regret it in more ways than you can think of...!

So... 2 days after I'd gone to the hospital, Nova, finally now 2 and a half yrs old, reached the point where she said. NO MORE you red b*tch... and she turned the tables on her. I wasn't there to see it but Dan told me over the phone that he had heard them fighting outside and considering he's more or less half deaf, it must have been one helluva fight. since he could hear it. He ran outside in just his bathrobe, slippers and bare legs to find Nova on top of Roxy in the middle of the yard. About 2 feet of snow out there but Mr. barelegged dude had to jump off the porch and run to rescue his dog... This is the part that makes me proud of Nova, even though she was fighting and I think most know that it's never a good idea to try to get in-between a dogfight... She was the only one that had a collar on, so he grabbed it to pull her off of Roxy. Normally in this kind of situation, the dog that you grab WILL turn and bite whoever has grabbed them... Not Nova, she turned her head, saw that is was him, turned and looked down at Roxy one last time and said, "OK, I guess she's learned her lesson now" and she just stopped fighting...

Even if I hate the fact that she had to reach the point where she felt she had no other choice than to fight, as it often causes a dog to choose the option to fight quicker next time, when they've learned that if I fight whatever, I won't have problems with them anymore... I'm proud that she still had a functioning brain, even if she was seriously angry and doing her best to turn Roxy into a pincushion/Raggedy-Ann doll... She instantly stopped fighting/biting when Dan grabbed her collar and turned back into her normal self again... I don't believe it was because she "loves" Dan or even respects him, because she doesn't. She doesn't give a hoot about him, unless he's giving her a treat or, letting her out the door... Then she'll take the treat and leave. Let's just say that Roxy gets out of Nova's way now whenever I've been up at Dan's house, after I came home from the hospital... She won't even go outside at the same time with Nova. I guess even "Dingo's" can learn... Dan's tried to complain that Roxy now has a torn ear, limping on one front leg and is "punctured" all over.... Think he's taken his dog to the vet? Think again... NOPE *big sigh* I found only one bite mark on the back of Nova's neck and it was just a dried scab that fell off when I touched it, telling me that it wasn't a deep bite. (heck, she's got such thick fur that it's near impossible to get down to her skin) Other than that, she was not hurt in any way. Quite interesting to see when we've been up at Dan's and she see's Roxy. One look from Nova is all it takes to send Roxy running into the house and jumping up into her chair and she won't leave that chair until we've left...

But yes, I am angry that it had to reach the point where Nova felt that she was forced to fight and worried what will happen when she meets other dogs. Will have to keep an eye on that! :(

It's not like I haven't seen her angry before. Thinking about the night when the strange SUV/truck drove up my driveway in the middle of the night with it's lights turned off and when it had stopped and you could hear two doors open and close, she went totally ballistic. I've NEVER heard or seen that degree of anger from her before. Most likely, they hadn't either, since those two doors instantly opened and slammed shut again and they backed the heck out of my driveway. I really thought Nova would smash the front room windows to get out and fight them...

I do have to check up on State laws in the US, as I know that there are a few States that don't allow Wolfdog's/hybrids (mostly east coast if I remember correctly) and we'll have to steer clear of those. It's not that I don't trust her, she's like any other dog when she's with me, either loose or on a leash but... I don't want to risk her life due to laws saying that she's not allowed within their State boundaries. For the untrained eye, she looks more or less, exactly like a German Shepard, which is what the rest of her is but, if you know wolves, you can see that she's got wolf in her, especially her golden eyes and the look she can give you... Beautiful but, a clear give away when it comes to her heritage... Also her smaller fully furred ears and shorter nose, same as if she shows her belly and you can see that she doesn't have the bare hairless belly most dogs have. She is fully furred from nose to tail all over. Will have to take her to a dog trimming place and have her fur thinned out when we reach warmer temperatures, or she most likely will have issues with the heat due to her thick double coat, especially since she is mostly black, except for her legs from her knees down, which have the German Shepard tan color.

Both her and the cats are up to date on all of their shots, rabies included. Have heard that there is a rattlesnake vaccine you can get which probably will be a good idea. Still have to take them in to the vet if they get bit but, it slows the venom down. That is my main worry when it comes to her, since she's not use to snakes that bite. Only snakes we have around here are Garter snakes and even if they try to bite, they don't have any fangs... LOL She's never tried to hurt them when she's come across them, she's just curious and will flip them over with her nose so she can smell them over, before just walking away and leaving them to slither away in a high rate of speed... :P

Yes, I'm also very grateful that I don't have to have any additional cardiac procedures. Even if I'm getting bored out of my mind not being able to do anything other than slowly walk around. I'm also not allowed to drive for another at least 2 weeks, which even if I don't have any plans to drive anywhere, just knowing that I'm not allowed to makes me feel trapped and confined. Heck, I can't even remove the snow from the car, which is ONLY about 5 feet deep... Arrrrg!!!

But, I'm also still very tired and have been trying to catch up on my sleep. Turned the notifications off on my answering machine and turned the ringer off on the phone for a few weeks. When my kids wanted to talk to me, they'd send me a text through messenger on my iPad and I'd call them back. I really needed to just shut the world off for awhile. Did watch some of those that I follow on YouTube, as well as quite a few movies. Mostly old already seen scifi and horror/scary movies... My daughter and I are very much alike when it comes to choice of movies... Even though she hates scifi movies.... We feel that it's interesting to see how someone else's imagination works, when it comes to scary movies. Haven't really found one yet that can match our imaginations... I think Stephen King and Dean R Koontz have come closest. At least the Stephen King movies where he's been able to be a part of the production of the movie... I can fully identify with how that man's brain works or, doesn't... But like most Hollywood people, I can't stand to hear them "talk". I'll pay to watch their movies, other than that, just shut up and go away... Yeah, I know, not very nice but... Lisah and I always discuss how much better and scarier we could have made the movies... LOL I also love, DIY building, crafting, cooking, hunting, preserving food et. al., history, nature and animal documentary's. I've learned a lot of what I do from watching DIY tutorials. I'm the kind of person that if I've seen it done, I can copy it and do it from memory. Give me a blueprint or written instructions, I'll end up going totally loopy and shredding the blueprint/book. I need to be able to visualize what I'm doing and I can't do that from someone else's finished paper blueprint. Show me visually the actual steps I need to do and I'll copy it and most of the time add my own twist on whatever.

Sappy romantic movies? Meh... Comedies? Meh... Drama movies? HELL NO!! I got enough drama in my life without having to watch it...  :-X

Oh well... As usual, this turned into something totally different than I had intended to write... Will get back on track next post... hopefully...  8)

//Solani
~In order to determine what is possible, one only needs to step out into what is considered impossible and look around...~
~I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change... I am changing the things I cannot accept~

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Solani, it is really heartwarming to hear from you. sounds like you are following doc's orders and getting stronger. :) Frustrating as that may be. Following orders, that is. :)

I totally enjoyed reading your post!
My favorite parts are the ones about Nova! I had missed it earlier (you must have mentioned you have a part-wolf dog. What a great companion, friend for life.

I am so very grateful Nova was there with you when the truck pulled into your driveway. You had told us about that, must have been one of your messages back in December and it freaked me out...

My wolfie dog "Jaws" used to make us feel totally safe too. My five kids and I from age 12 down to 2 1/2 were living in our little trailer in a fairly isolated area, in the woods near Sequim, WA. Our land. Former hubby brought Jaws home from the dog pound and nothing about him being a wolf dog. After the fact, we figured he was probably part wolf... Come to think of it, I think he did have yellowish eyes. I should remember that better, that was 1982...
Jaws ended up growing bigger than a German Shepherd. He had the normal shepherd coloring, tan grayish...

One of my son Wes' earliest memories was wandering in the woods and Jaws walking beside him. He was a toddler... Jaws suddenly growled, looked down, snatched up a long snake,m bit its head off, sat down and promptly started eating some of it. he also ate moles and other rodents... sometimes we would hear a little yapping sounded like about 5 coyotes or coyote dogs running through our property. Jaws would growl loudly and run off into the woods we heard yapping running off the other direction then silence, then Jaws came home. He was totally the king of the woods... Beat the crap out of the dominant big black lab neighbor's dog. Literally ate his lunch.

He was a handful and I had no clue how to train him and being alone with the five kids - and less than optimum situation at the time, well he went pretty much untrained. He got in trouble chasing cows, horses etc. I naively though he would be content to stay on our 5 acres, but no. But he did stay with us most of the time.

Well, I will reply more soon, so good to see you here,

All The Best and stay safe and well.
Happy New Year,
Barb T.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 08:26:44 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
PS western WA doesn't have poisonous snakes, not native to that area - but it's still really neat, and a memorable incident, wolf-dog Jaws walking by my son and killing a snake which was right near him. :)

Solani

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Do you think that your dreams may be leading you to the sacred Four Corners area?  It does have a past history of surviving at least one cataclysm.  As far as AZ is concerned, Flagstaff is a beautiful area, and might fit as the southernmost boundary of your "northern AZ" parameters, with the Sandia mountains in NM being at roughly the same latitude.  We were there in July one year and wishing we had dressed in warmer clothing!

It sounds like a wonderful idea to get away from the cold for a bit and soak up some sun, while you shop around for possible land.  How would you feel about possibly including your daughter in the decision-making process?  From what you've described of her, it sounds as if she could be quite an asset to you, even more than she already is if she were here in person.

Yes, the feeling that the land I've repeatedly been dreaming about, could very well be within the four corners area. It has crossed my mind more than once. I am trying to plan a driving route down from/through the center of the northern States. I don't want to cross the border in Vancouver and drive down through Washington, Oregon and California. Something is putting up a strong "wall" when it comes to even getting close to thinking about driving down the west coast. I just feel deep down inside of me that. NO, don't chance it. OTH, crossing the border mid southern Canada, will take me through Yellowstone but, I don't feel that much resistance to that area, as I do the west coast The feeling is like, if you do that, you're on your own. I could be overreacting and paranoid, due to all the warnings/chatter and the increasing earthquake activity but regardless... I really hate traffic and multi-lane freeways as well and know that crossing down through the middle of the northern states heading south, I'll have much less traffic and more smaller roads to choose from. Also much more to see on the way down south...

YES! I wish from the bottom of my "black heart" that I would be able to get my daughter to come over and join me. There is nothing more that I could wish for but... She doesn't want to, at least not now. She also has 4 cats and I agree with her that with my 2, 6 cats in a 5th wheel would be enough to drive this retired crazy cat-lady totally out of my mind. That is, what's left of it. Add a big dog on top of that, which I've actually been thinking about letting her have a litter of puppies, that is if I can find the right male... A pure breed black, straight backed (working) German Shepard boy, mentally sound and healthy body/bones/hips/joints/bloodline. Would most likely keep a male puppy and have him fixed, so we wouldn't get any "oops" litters in the future. But yes, I dearly wish Lisah would come over and join me. But, she's as stubborn as her mom and says, nope, not right now... I have to respect that, even if I don't like it... She was however more than ready to buy a ticket and jump on the first plane over here when I'd had my heart attacks. I love all my kids but, we share a very special bond being that we're so deeply spiritually connected. I know she's worried about me and even if I try not to tell her everything, she already knows it, same as when something is wrong with her, I just know it without her saying anything. Mike and I used to be that way too, before... I really miss what we once had...

My initial plans on driving down south to "over winter", was boon-docking or dry camping in the national parks and on BLM land where you can stay for free up to 14 days/nights, before having to move on to the next national park or BLM land. That part of my plan hasn't changed as I'll still be doing that. I'm not going to drive non stop all the way down to the southern parts of the US. First off, it's not right towards either Nova or the cats, second, it would drive me out of my mind. (pun intended) I remember all to well when I was driving cross country back and forth in the US when my kids were teens and being that I was the only one of us that had a drivers license, by the time I finally reached my biological mothers house in Oregon, I was so sick of driving, that just looking at the van I'd been driving, literally made me want to scream... But then, the last 2 weeks of driving my money was basically gone and my credit card was overdrawn so, I had no choice other than to just drive, park during the nights in the safety between big rigs at truck-stops and hope the next time I needed to fill up the tank in our van, my card wouldn't get declined. Thankfully back then, not all the stores and gas stations were online and you would use the "sliding machine" with the paper receipt that you signed and got a copy of... We were on the road for 3+ months and the "kids" got to see a lot of beautiful sites. I really wanted to be able to show them those before they were gone... Took awhile to pay off my CC when we got back to Sweden but in hindsight, it was worth it... LOL

So, I'm planning on driving for a day or two until I find a beautiful spot to stay for awhile, rest, check out the park, let Nova go crazy, (on leash) perhaps a few days to a week and then drive again, would give me about a month or so to get down south. I have found a private small RV park with hook ups that will cost me around $350 per month, that is right smack in the middle of where I feel I might be able to find what I'm searching for. If not, I'll move on, find another small private RV park and continue my search. Regardless, I don't want to just sit parked in an RV park, I want to see and explore everything I can... I'm in contact with a few of the sellers of the land parcels and they've promised to show me what they've got in the area so... Since I was planning anyway to spend the winter down south or in the southern part of the US, this really doesn't change much, other than that I now have another reason to be in the area, other than just spending the winter there. But yes, I do need to have a sort of base where I can drop the 5th wheel and drive around. That will both save on diesel as well as make it easier to drive on back/dirt roads.

I'll be building a "cage" for the cats on half of the back seat in the truck. Litter box on the floor behind the passenger seat and a wire cage with wood frame going all the way from the floor/back seat, up to the roof of the truck with 3 carpeted shelves for the cats to climb and lay on, so they can look out the side window, back window, above the front seat, a soft plush cushion on the seat and a hinged door that I can open to put them in as well as take them out. Also fasten both water and food bowl on the wire siding inside their cage. Nova will have the drivers side of the back seat, as well as the front passenger seat, if she feels like getting up in front with me. All I'll have in the front is a cooler for snacks/soda/water/whatever on the floor of the passenger side. I'll still have enough space for what I need to have in the truck while driving. I also have her harness and straps to fasten her to the seat belt, so she's secure if something would happen or, if I'd have to slam on my breaks. Will have to make multiple stops through out the days we are driving to take her out and let her do her business as well as stretch her legs and hopefully be able to run around for awhile, if we can find some secluded area. She loves going with me in the truck and is seriously upset if not allowed too so... Just hoping she'll still love it once we get to where we're going... ;)

I'm not really looking forward to the long drive all alone but, I'm not worried that I won't be able to manage. I know it will feel strange and most likely quite uncomfortable staying all alone deep in the national parks before I get used to it but... I've also watched the 411 documentary in regard to all the missing people from the national parks... I have Nova and also, first thing I'll do as soon as I legally can, is to buy some "protection". Thankful that I can use my Canadian insurance on both my truck and 5th wheel down in the States, since it is much cheaper than US insurance. Just need to figure out what type of health insurance I should get for myself, if I should buy one in the US or, if I can use a Canadian private health insurance for that too and be able to use it directly and not have to fork out whatever costs and get reimbursed after... I am a US citizen so, I guess I should check into different options from the US. Problem is I don't have an address in the US and, I have no clue about what I'd need and/or options when it comes to buying health insurance in the US... Nada, zilch no clue... Never had to have one since when I was living with Mike in Florida while he was living and working there, I would fly back to Sweden every 6 months, since he worked for an airline, I could fly stand by back and forth on his benefits and my Swedish travel insurance was valid for 6 months so, I never had a reason to look into it. Plus, I never needed to go to the hospital so... The medications I took, I'd buy in Sweden and they'd last me for 6 months...

The insurance I have on both Nova and the cats is an insurance that is based in both Canada and the US and the vet in either country, can get paid directly from the insurance company and I just have to pay the vet the co-payment plus 10% of the total vet cost. It's the same insurance company I had on Bubba... Even if I ended up having to pay almost half of the total vet bill, it was worth it, considering they are the only insurance company I've come across in either Canada or the US that covers EVERYTHING, even hereditary/born with issues and has NO upper limit on what the vet bill costs and also pays for future medical/vet expenses, if the same problem/illness doesn't go away, regardless of how many years. Heck, they were even willing to pay for the flight down to Vancouver to the large vet clinic there, plus the surgery which would have cost A LOT... I didn't even dare ask how much it would have cost but, if 5 days stay at a small vet clinic plus exams cost me $2740.00 total, (before insurance coverage) I can only imagine, or not, what a huge veterinary hospital, surgery, after care and at least a weeks stay would cost... Did I mention that I love that insurance company?? The monthly cost for the cats insurance costs $26 a month per cat and Nova's insurance costs $47 per month. $500 co-pay and 10% on the total bill... I'm really hoping and praying that I won't have to use the insurance's but... I know all to well that when sh*t happens, it REALLY hits the fan!! I hate the idea of having to have a pet/family member you love put down just because whatever procedure is to expensive... And yes, right now, I really can't afford the $100 monthly cost for insurance for the animals but... We have food and a roof over our heads until spring and until I've been able to pay off my credit cards for both the part of Bubba's vet bill I had to pay and my dentist costs/dentures due to the infection I got in my upper teeth/roots, we'll survive. The 5th wheel, I made Dan pay for. Told him that if he did that, I wouldn't demand anything else from him in our divorce. He got off cheap but, I got what I needed so, I'm not going to complain! When spring comes and we have to move out of here, we'll be moving into the 5th wheel. Just not sure where I'll be able to park it yet but, I'll figure it out one way or another. I'm not worried about it. I've got to know most of the people that have farms out here and I'm sure I'd be able to park it somewhere on one of their properties, for a few months...

"Only" things I currently know I have to buy before hitting the road, is new tires for the truck (6 of them, since she's a dually) that's $1200 CAD. A new windshield, $145 CAD. Oil change and filter and a new water pump for the truck. Not sure how much that costs but, I'm pretty sure the tires are what's most expensive. Other than that, I've had the truck in the shop and they've gone through her from nose to tailgate and everything in-between and she's in great condition! I know crap can happen regardless of how good things are/look right now but... that's just life and why I want/need to have both my CC's paid off before I hit the road. Calculating that I'll have both cards down to zero in June, even after I've bought the tires... This is the reason why I only have about $125 every month, to spend on food for both me and the animals. I'm paying down my cards. Plus, I've never been a big spender or felt that I have to buy a lot of things I don't need.. Me, I have my preps I've been putting up over the past 4 yrs. that I'm living off of right now, Got more than enough to last me for a few years at least, so the only "food stuff" I'm buying for myself every month is coffee, milk and sugar, plus leafy greens and Whey powder, that I put in my morning smoothies to assist in healing my heart. Another and actually the main reason why I won't be leaving until beginning or mid June is that it will be 6 months after my heart attacks... I SHOULD be back on my feet by then and in full "fighting mode". Plus by then, I can be sure that all the mountain passes are clear of this white, wet, cold sloppy goop... The 5th wheel I bought is an older model but in great shape, no soft spots, very clean and everything is working as it should (knock on wood). She's 29 feet long and yes, that does worry me a bit... Need to learn how to back up that monstrous thing without jackknifing her or making a total fool out of myself when there's a lot of people around so, I'll be doing a lot of driving night time as soon as the snow clears, learning how to back up in Walmart's empty parking lot at night.  ;D I'm gong to buy these orange traffic cones that I've seen at the Dollar store and place them strategically, back up and try not to smash to many of them... However, I'd rather smash something that costs $1.25, than something much more expensive...

I need to buy a rear camera, so I can see what's behind me when backing up. I already have the front one and the big extended side mirrors needed for pulling a large trailer are already mounted. Have solar panels and all the electrical components I need in order to hook up the house batteries to solar and convert the electric from the batteries to 110 volts. Will be buying 2 more 200 watt solar panels when I can afford it but, will survive on the 400 watts I currently have, as long as I don't try to use to many electric things at the same time. I mainly need the electricity for my computer, blender and coffee maker... I'm definitely NOT even remotely human (can't even fake it) if I don't get my coffee but, if push comes to shove, I can cook the water on the stove and pour it through the filter with the coffee grounds! Not like I haven't done that before. I'm just lazy... I have a friend that knows how to install the solar so, I'll be watching him do it, so that if it breaks or I need to replace whatever, I'll know how to do it... Everything in the 5th wheel runs on propane, except for the fridge/freezer that runs on both propane and/or electricity. Will use electricity if I'm hooked up at a RV park. Same with the AC. I'll only be using that when I'm hooked up to electricity when in the RV park. No way the AC would be able to work on the limited amount of solar I have, same with the microwave... Otherwise, I'll only be using propane for everything. I have tools for the truck/trailer, a 2 ton whatchamacallit that you lift the truck/trailer with if you need to change a tire...Can't remember what they're called... Brain freeze... 2, 30lb propane tanks in the trailer and 2 additional 20 pounders, that I'll tie down in front of the big metal storage box that's between the fifth wheel hitch and the cab. 2, 10 gallon spare tanks for diesel or gas. a gas driven generator, that I should probably only use when there are no other "campers" around, due to that it's not very quiet... Will only be using the generator for emergencies. I have a lot of other things as well. Most likely will have to prioritize and leave what I hope I won't need... Problem is, I'm not sure what I WILL need... Food? I have my jars that I've preserved. Can't bring all of them cause there's no way they'd all fit... LOL Plenty of dry/dehydrated food stuffs, spices etc. etc. Gotta remember, I've been working non stop for 4 yrs. on getting my preps up to speed... We'll do OK. Just hoping that border patrol will let me through with my preserves, it's not like it's raw meat and technically no different from canned goods. I guess it will all depend on the border patrol officer working that day... OH, and yes, I have my Royal Berkey water filter! Fishing rods, hooks, sinkers, just need the worms or whatever bait I can find... LOL I need a small barbecue. Have my large first aid kit with everything from gauze to sutures, not to forget "moonshine" as disinfectant... (camouflaged in a vodka bottle) LOL My trusty old Dutch oven with the lid you can stack hot coals on so you can bake bread etc. in it over a fire... My herb stash... that one might get me in trouble. Oh well, it's not like I can't find and pick new herbs. Everything I own that I won't be able to fit, I'll donate to the second hand store that a friend of mine owns. Not that I have that much but... Will need to buy a extender/repeater and antenna for the computer, as well as for cell phone reception. Will feel weird having a cell phone again, since I've been without for 4 yrs. I need it to be able to get Internet/data for the computer and so that my kids can call me. I've also found a used CB radio, just need to buy an antenna for it. Heck, I've even got snow chains for the truck... REALLY hoping I'll never have to use those. LOL They came with the truck. Other than that, I'll find out while we're driving whatever else we'll need. I'm pretty sure we have the basics.

I will be making a website where I'll be posting our "adventures", as well as showing the different land parcels I come across, so those that would want to, can follow my crazy totally off the wall reality, that is called my life. I have never learned how to edit videos so... there will be tons of "bloopers". I'll just chalk those up to "bonus" material and real life or, rather my life uncut/in the raw/as it is version... 🤣

When it comes to the land I'll be searching for, I do have a few specific "land marks" to go after, such as the far away on the horizon 2 mountains to the west, the mixed vegetation, grasses, Juniper tree's, shrubs, more or less no cactus, NO volcanoes. A mix of dirt, sand and red clay. Higher elevation towards the west. Pine tree's where the elevation becomes higher. That tells me that the elevation I'm looking for is at least a few thousand feet... Yes, I know there will be snow in the winters but, hopefully not quite as much and as cold as here in Canada... Monsoon season? I'll have to make sure I don't end up building in what will turn into a raging river... Really don't need that type of excitement... Same with making sure whatever higher ground is above where I'll be digging in and building my earth-dome/earth-ship home isn't prone to avalanches... That could also be considered to be a bit over the top "interesting". Not that I have anything against excitement but... to much of a good thing is still to much... LOL

There is one parcel of land in Navajo country New Mexico that I'm really feeling drawn to but, I don't know if it's because it's the "right" one, or if it's because the nearest neighbor drills water wells... LOL On another note, quite a few of the land parcels I've seen online are sold along with their mineral rights and a few of them also have old abandoned mines on them, as well as tons of old mining equipment, iron remnants, rusty but I'm betting that the iron in them if melted would be very useful if/when needed... The minerals listed on these properties range from everything to gold, silver, copper, semi precious stones, opal etc. etc... Now that could be interesting, as long as I don't fall down an abandoned mine shaft... I'd prefer not to do that... But, hunting for gold would be fun, same with finding opals, gems as well as exploring abandoned mines could also be fun, as long as it doesn't look like it's about to cave in or, actually caves in when you're deep within the tunnels... Yep, that would fall under the category of WAY to much excitement... On the other hand, those tunnels if still in good shape could be great shelter places or, good to stash extra preps and then cover/hide the entrance... Yes I know... I'm like a kid... and, I'll always be a kid at heart. It's just my body that has the odd idea that it's getting old... Naaa... it's just faking it and trying to p*ss me off! LOL

*sigh*

OK, I'll quit for now...

//Solani
~In order to determine what is possible, one only needs to step out into what is considered impossible and look around...~
~I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change... I am changing the things I cannot accept~

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Solani, I'm so glad that your internal guide is directing you away from the West Coast. 

OMG, I can just picture what traveling in a motor vehicle with 6 cats and a dog would be like -  :D

Keeping Mike in prayers too.  Maybe there's a possibility that some ancestral issues could be affecting him, in which case maybe bloodline healing might be beneficial?  Particularly within the male lineage?

When our family travels, we usually limit ourselves to 500 miles per day, which is pushing it, as stops are needed to stretch, eat and enjoy the scenery.  The nicest drive we ever had was limited to 40 mph thru the Shenandoah mountains, and we didn't arrive at our destination until dark, but it was well worth the slower pace, especially getting to see the black bear cubs foraging for berries along the way.  If we had taken a faster route, we would have missed all of that.  I love your idea of taking an entire month to get to your destination!

Am guessing the cats will enjoy your set-up in the back seat, and may regard it as their "kingdom" - LOL!  What an adventure for them, too!  Am guessing that Nova will be fine with the travels, just as long as she's with you.  Her presence would be such good company. 

Maybe you could burn some music disks from the computer to take along, or some recordings of books?  Also, it might be wise to get some actual physical map books, rather than relying upon GPS for the trip, though they're difficult to locate these days.

We don't have vet insurance, but now I'm wondering if we should look into it, with three cats!

I totally love the idea of getting a rear camera for the trailer, and practicing backing it up in an empty parking lot.  For a summer road trip, you could also save some $ by having a knowledgeable friend load your truck's cooling system with some freon-substitute if needed, rather than permitting a mechanic to charge you to leak-test that whole system, which they tend to overcharge for doing.  Am coming to believe that all AC systems leak somewhere, and that you could spend every cent you own trying to keep up with the leaks.  :)

It might also be a good idea to pro-actively replace the battery in the truck if you bought it 2nd hand and don't know the age for certain.  Batteries are cheap compared with roadside service, so we practice changing the batteries of our cars (adult children's included) on a rotating basis once every three years, and never allow a mechanic to "load test" them first, which is a waste of $ because a battery can fail shortly after a load test.  Bigger expenses to consider before a road trip: have the alternator and timing chain been replaced if you've reached the mileage threshold?  Those bills are huge, but for a long road trip might be a consideration.  Otherwise, your plan sounds very well thought-out.

Your parameter of seeking higher elevation to the West would fit warnings to be on the east side of a mountain range.  Am getting a sense that you might be receiving instructions to locate yourself on a reservation, which is possible for non-indigenous folks to do, with permission from the tribe, but you wouldn't be buying the land.  Just think of the power of your shamanic skills coupled with their own - a lot could be accomplished with such a team, and this coming dark hour might be just the time for what could prove to be a fruitful alliance.  What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall to witness it... ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 08:14:47 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Solani, I'm so glad that your internal guide is directing you away from the West Coast....

Your parameter of seeking higher elevation to the West would fit warnings to be on the east side of a mountain range.  Am getting a sense that you might be receiving instructions to locate yourself on a reservation, which is possible for non-indigenous folks to do, with permission from the tribe, but you wouldn't be buying the land.  Just think of the power of your shamanic skills coupled with their own - a lot could be accomplished with such a team, and this coming dark hour might be just the time for what could prove to be a fruitful alliance.  What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall to witness it... ;)
Solani, I'm with RR on this re checking out Reservation land, as I've read in the past year of at least one group of Native Americans who are residing "on the Rez"  that they would welcome people who have certain qualities.  IIRC, they were such things as integrity, honesty, industry, sincerity, etc.  Wish I could recall the specific tribe or group name--will think on that. 

Good luck in your travels!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Solani, wow! sounds like a lot of planning, production and progress being made! By you! :)
I am still reading your post and -
Best of Luck in your journey. Safe landing.
Many Blessings to you and your beloved companions,
Barb T.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW