Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Locations declaring martial law  (Read 1453 times)

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Locations declaring martial law
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 08:48:04 AM »
Agreed Barb, that there are many white hats among our own military, probably including some of our own kinfolk.  Like any organization representing a cross-section of humanity, though, there may be a few with lifetime practice in concealing antisocial tendencies, and unfortunately those have a propensity to gravitate toward the "helping" professions in which they can wield power over others. 

And then there's the Alice Milgram experiment, in which the majority sampled would do whatever their superiors instructed them to do, on the grounds that they were just following orders.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:58:46 AM by R.R. Book »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 10:52:05 PM »
Agreed Barb, that there are many white hats among our own military, probably including some of our own kinfolk.  Like any organization representing a cross-section of humanity, though, there may be a few with lifetime practice in concealing antisocial tendencies, and unfortunately those have a propensity to gravitate toward the "helping" professions in which they can wield power over others. 

And then there's the Alice Milgram experiment, in which the majority sampled would do whatever their superiors instructed them to do, on the grounds that they were just following orders.
Hi RR yes I am aware of that possibility. A lot of what happens depends upon POTUS himself and people like the DOJ and there are authoritarian tendencies being shown every day of the week. I notice. Trying to keep it non political. I do not generalize about the entire govenment or the entire military.
People like Hitler went in and chipped away at the German Republic and managed to dismantle it. Same thing could happen here. I've been aware of this kind of thing since the 1960s.

All that said, I do feel the stay at home restrictions are very much needed right now. And they are not being implemented everywhere, that 's for sure.
Governor NY stepped in and shut things down and although now it is a disaster they are on it and guess what the new cases are dropping dramatiacally! Same thing happened in China about one week ago and it is happening in Italy too. What is happening? Due to shutting things down and slowing the transmission of the disease from person to person, new cases are slowing down. This is absolutely necessary.

•   Right now in NYC there are over 870 people in ICU from the Coronavirus.
•   There are people dying in the waiting room of the ER.
•   Special refrigerated trucks are waiting outside some hospitals for the dead.
•   In a few days there will be no beds left in NYC to care for the critically ill.

I am not exagerrating.
Even though new cases are dropping rapidly, the seriously ill are already overwhelming that system.
Ventilators are in high demand there is a scramble for masks, gowns and ventilators right now.
In Italy yesterday (24-hr period 700 people died from coronavirus. In Spain it was 516. In Italy at least, thank God the new numbers cases are rapidly going down.

One good thing is, people were asked to step up and there are lots of medical volunteers in NY and also happening in England, to help out with the crisis.

One bad thing is, the governors of FL, MS refused to issue stay at home orders and shut down non essential businesses.
That will ensure more spread of the virus. Especially in MS, where the governor took it upon himself to countermand all plans already in place at the country and city level in his state, all stay at home orders he stopped. So now there will be way more cases than there had to be, because of this ignorance.
Louisiana is now a hot spot because of the Mardis Gras in NOLA one month ago. People from all over the world flew in.
So that contagion is expected to spread all across the south, and what the Gov of MS did will certainly not help. In my state, FL cases are rising fairly rapidly. Not much testing being done.
Source of my info, BBC, MSNBC CNN  Fox. Oh yes some good news: Australia made a breakthrough on the body's immune response to the coronavirus and there is a race to get a cure, BioSiq is working on it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:26:36 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 11:10:38 PM »
Is he the same John Bolton who said “I expect that the American role in Iraq actually will be fairly minimal," in 2002, before the invasion?

and

"I'm a libertarian conservative, so I believe in limited government/maximum individual freedom."

and

"I think the International Criminal Court could be a threat to American security interests, because the prosecutor of the court has enormous discretion in going after war crimes..."

;D

Bolton is all over the map. sometimes he is right often wrong...
Many contradictions, for sure. Somehow he does not think things through to the logical conclusion... There is a lot of that going around.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 11:22:21 PM »
This is my County. Pinellas. For the record I do not consider this martial law. Let's hope the situation does not evolve into more stringent enforcement and actual martial law, not thnking it will happen. Always vigilant.

https://www.tbnweekly.com/coronavirus/article_4a6253f2-6eb7-11ea-a586-4f698afbd928.html

Pinellas County Commission passes 'safer at home' resolution
By Suzette Porter, Tampa Bay Newspapers Mar 25, 2020 Updated 8 hrs ago

CLEARWATER — Pinellas County commissioners gave unanimous approval March 25 to a resolution they’re calling "safer at home," which is intended to send a strong message about the need to take action to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Safer at home does not completely shut down the county’s businesses, but it does require them all to be able to maintain social distancing and other protective measures.

Commissioners also voted to extend a local state of emergency for another seven days.

“People are not taking this crisis seriously,” said County Administrator Barry Burton, as he reviewed some of the measures the commission had already taken in the interest of public, health and safety.

He said after voting to close the beaches to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, people moved to the sandbars to gather in large numbers, and a local bookstore also had allowed large numbers of people on its premises.

Social distancing calls for groups of less than 10. Burton said there were other examples where people didn’t follow the guidelines, including local playgrounds.

Burton said the safer at home resolution was intended to strike a balance, allowing businesses that are doing the right thing to stay open and provide for enforcement actions for those who don’t.

The concern is that without taking additional steps to stop the spread, Pinellas County could find itself in the same position as New York within a week or two.

The resolution, which goes into effect at noon Thursday, March 26, requires the public to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others and to not gather in groups of more than 10. It urges people to stay home as much as possible.

It says non-essential activity and transportation should be limited with people being allowed to leave their homes to seek primary, emergency or direct care support for a family member, friend or pet. Other essential activities include healthcare and medical services; groceries; meal take-out from local restaurants; essential work that can’t be done from home; banks and related financial institutions; laundry services, laundromats; essential home repairs and maintenance; veterinarians and pet boarding facilities; and gas stations, auto-supply and auto-repair facilities; and more.

Outdoor activities will be allowed as long as people practice guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Businesses that must close include places with amusement rides; carnivals; water parks; publicly accessible pools, zoos; museums, arcades, fairs; publicly accessible children’s play centers; publicly accessible playground equipment; theme parks; bowling alleys; pool halls; movie and other theaters; concert and music halls; country clubs; and social clubs and fraternal organizations.

Businesses are required to close storefront operations and limit customer foot traffic if they don’t provide essential services or if they cannot maintain social distancing guidelines.

Burton said staff had worked long and hard on the resolution. The plan is to keep as many businesses open as possible and employees working, but he said if people did not follow the rules, the commission could enact more aggressive actions.

“People need to heed the warning or we will shut you down,” Burton said. “If you don’t take action, we will have to do more.”

St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman advocated enacting stronger restrictions now. He did not support allowing nonessential businesses to stay open if they maintain social distancing measures.

Commissioners debated the options for more than two hours. Sheriff Bob Gualtieri and County Attorney Jewel White talked about enforcement actions and potential criminal penalties for those that don’t comply. White said it would be a second-degree misdemeanor with punishments of up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine.

Gualtieri said he preferred to use a carrot rather than a stick to enforce the resolution, but said he would take action for businesses that flagrantly violate the rules. He suggested that a notice be delivered to every business to post on their front door and the commission agreed.

The commission did not set an end date for the resolution, but said it would like be continued, discontinued or even strengthened when the local state of emergency is considered each week.

Commissioner Chair Pat Gerard isn’t so sure that safer at home will be enough to persuade those who aren’t following the guidelines. She thinks it is likely that the commission will have to take additional measures.

Dr. Ulyee Choe continues to urge the public to take personal preventative measures. He reminds the public that COVID-19 is a novel virus with no vaccine and no cure. He asked that people not only practice social distancing, but also wash their hands frequently and stay at home if they are sick. He also asks the public to help one another.

“This is a time to be kind and to help others,” he said.

Suzette Porter is TBN’s Pinellas County editor. She can be reached at sporter@tbnweekly.com.

Added information on when the resolution might end.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 04:44:53 AM »
It sounds as if you all are a few weeks behind where we are with the lockdown.  It moved really quickly here, with stricter phases added in after just a week of a more lenient phase. 

Right now, even though all the colleges are closed and the young folks home, they can't legally visit even in each other's homes now.  Each family must stay at home except to get groceries (or in our case ag supplies). 

The young people probably will hold their regular bonfires though, a lovely tradition started years ago and which continues whenever college is not in session.  My son just confided to me that he and his friends have been having apocalyptic dreams, and have been sharing them around the fire.  His most recent dream was about the three days of darkness, something that he and I haven't discussed before.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 01:21:11 PM »
It sounds as if you all are a few weeks behind where we are with the lockdown.  It moved really quickly here, with stricter phases added in after just a week of a more lenient phase. 

Right now, even though all the colleges are closed and the young folks home, they can't legally visit even in each other's homes now.  Each family must stay at home except to get groceries (or in our case ag supplies). 

The young people probably will hold their regular bonfires though, a lovely tradition started years ago and which continues whenever college is not in session.  My son just confided to me that he and his friends have been having apocalyptic dreams, and have been sharing them around the fire.  His most recent dream was about the three days of darkness, something that he and I haven't discussed before.

I hear you, RR. That must have seemed like a sudden shock the swiftness fo the orders there, to stay in as much as possible. I do empathize. May be because you are near huge population centers...
Here in FL our Governor refused to issue stay at home orders and also the Governor of MS did the same but took it a big step further, coutermanding  the orders of cities and counties in his state (not HIS state but he seems to think so) so all the cities and counties which already put stay at home orders in place to try and gat a handle on this thing, well that all went out the window.

Locally in my county, Pinellas past two days we have the stay at home order. No troops in the street it is voluntary but fines will soon be levied if it is an obvious violation, many people heeding it  (Staying inside.)  The local beaches which are usually so crowded with tourists, locals and spring breakers, closed a couple weeks ago!

The lucky ones are those who can work from home., whose companies ordered work from home. Certain types of jobs you can do that. Others will be not getting a paycheck, but Trump did sign bipartisan aid bill which includes unemployment and various types of compensation durign these stay at home times. I appreciate that POTUS and the Congress did accomplish that.
- Barb T.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »

RR thanks for sharing this. I get vivid images of the young folk there, from your post... I had missed that about the apocalyptic dreams.. Wishing them all the best, and I feel they will be OK.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 02:24:32 PM »
Thank you Barb  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 04:59:47 PM »
 :) Good thoughts...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »

RR thanks for sharing this. I get vivid images of the young folk there, from your post... I had missed that about the apocalyptic dreams.. Wishing them all the best, and I feel they will be OK.

I agree that the young ones will be OK, and feel that the very ones who are receiving the dreams are the ones who are being warned, or sent messages of what's to come.  They, in my opinion, are being given a heads up.  And good that they are talking about it around the bonfires, because those who are not having the dreams are maybe being primed to believe in the power of the dreamworld.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW