Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Doppelgangers  (Read 64 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Doppelgangers
« on: January 07, 2019, 07:15:40 AM »
Doppelganger: (n) An apparition or double of a living person.

I've recently become aware of pairs of look-alikes in my social sphere: people who strongly resemble each other in appearance and could pass for near-identical twins.

In each case, I have experienced each of the two in different geographical places in my life, such that neither member of the "pair" was aware of the other.

Examples:
Case #1: For years I belonged to a singing group with an older woman who was a friend of mine that I lost under tragic circumstances in 2016.  Simultaneously for many years, I have shopped at an Amish natural foods market in the opposite direction from home, and just recently was taken by surprise when I realized that one of the newer Amish employees of that store appears to be an exact physical double of the woman with whom I sang. 

The moment of internalization of this fact occurred when I was paying the Amish woman for a purchase.  I made an effort to conceal my spontaneous surprise upon recognition of the uncanny resemblance, but it must have registered in my face, because there was a look on her face at the same moment as if she had experienced an inexplicable deja vu when looking at me.

The two women have very different personas.  My singing friend was a highly educated atheist with a frequently sour disposition, though I was able to tolerate this and bring out her better side more than some folks.  On the other hand, the Amish woman has an eighth-grade education and a sweet temperament. 

Case #2:
Fifteen miles to the north in one of my social circles, I knew a 22 year-old young man from a troubled family who died in his prime three years ago.  Suddenly one day recently, as I was shopping at the Mennonite grocery store near home, I realized that the new stock boy was a doppelganger for the boy who had died.  More than just casual look-alikes, both boys were / are unusually tall in addition to the facial and postural resemblance.

I've long believed in the multiverse, containing multiple parallel existences in which we experience all that life can offer from differing vantage points.  However, am toying with the possibility now that the multiverse is either in the process of collapsing, or already has.  That might seem to fit hand-in-glove with the notion that duality is also collapsing at this time.

The death of one of the doppelgangers in each of those cases had followed an unhappy life for those individuals that passed.  The experience with recognition of these pairs is not just a visual phenomenon, but because the surviving double in each case is in an improved life situation and would appear to be a better version of him or herself, I'm left with the impression that something has been healed within this timeline. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 09:05:50 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Doppelgangers
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »
Very interesting, and yes.  Three such experiences come to mind.

Years ago, our family lived in CA when I was about 13-14, then we moved back to IN.  While in CA, one weekend day, probably Saturday, the family decided to go for a drive in the hills, and for some reason I stayed at home.    When they returned, they (mom, dad, sister) all exclaimed how while driving around up there, they saw a girl who looked exactly like me!  They were all so emphatic, and how I then wished I had gone!

Then fast forward some years to a point when I was a young adult, working in a medical lab.  During a lunch hour, a friend and I drove out to get food, and while out, the car broke down and tow truck was called.  The tow truck driver took one look at me and exclaimed, "you look just like my 16 year old daughter!".   

Then only a couple of years ago my friend Paula was interested in a man named Mel, but Mel had a "sort of girlfriend" already.  Paula and I decided to go to the nightclub where Mel was playing music.  Who was there but Mel's girlfriend, and OMG, they could have been identical twins.  Paula is a bit heavier, but the face structure was unbelievably identical.  I kept trying not to stare at the "other woman" but it was difficult not to.

Maybe more will surface....

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Doppelgangers
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 07:55:39 AM »
Very interesting examples Ilinda!

Am guessing there may be other instances in both of our lives that we're not yet conscious of...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...