Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: SOURCES  (Read 348 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
SOURCES
« on: January 11, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »
I love these people...
Youtube channel Townsends covers 19th century life, techniques and culture. In other words, how did people deal with everyday life before the advent of electricity, etc. ...?
(Making of cheese, pemmican, leather, etc. etc. etc. etc. ...)
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: SOURCES
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:22:39 PM »
That is an amazing site Soc!  I saved it to my favorites list.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 06:18:03 PM »
I love these people...
Youtube channel Townsends covers 19th century life, techniques and culture. In other words, how did people deal with everyday life before the advent of electricity, etc. ...?
(Making of cheese, pemmican, leather, etc. etc. etc. etc. ...)
Yes, very interesting video (part 1) of making a dugout canoe.  The only person I know who has done that, has done so with his own hand-made axes--Larry Kinsella, of Illinois.  I've mentioned his name before, as he did a demo on fire starting using the bow and drill, and he got fire within 30 seconds.  It was amazing.

He has made axes of all sizes and shapes, although shape is fairly standard.  He showed us pictures of the huge dugout canoe he (and others?) made, using just his handmade axe(s).  Now, though, I wonder if he omitted the discussion of using the small fires intermittently, where you hack away a while, then burn, then hack, then burn, etc.  One thing Kinsella said in his axe demo was that his stone axes will break if used on old wood, and as such they are great for green wood, but never for aged wood.

So, it makes one wonder if Native peoples in America also used the fire intermittently, in making their dugout canoes?

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 06:08:30 AM »
The only person I know who has done that, has done so with his own hand-made axes--Larry Kinsella, of Illinois.  I've mentioned his name before, as he did a demo on fire starting using the bow and drill, and he got fire within 30 seconds.  It was amazing.
Clearly another wonderful source. I had not forgotten you mentioning him.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 06:49:43 PM »
And now remembering seeing him in my mind, he only used his hands and the drill on the "bottomboard".  I'm not sure of the name of the board (maybe I've forgotten?) but some will use a sort of bow with a string that curls around the vertical stick, which sits in an indentation in the bottom board.  But Kinsella did not need the string around the stick.

I can see him in my mind, and his hands were holding the vertical stick, with its bottom end positioned in the indentation in bottom board, and he "twirled" the stick vertically, back and forth, really fast, I mean really fast, between his palms, to get the first started.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW