Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: CHAKRAS-- In Health and Healing  (Read 191 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
CHAKRAS-- In Health and Healing
« on: March 13, 2019, 10:55:20 AM »
A recent discussion in a dream topic is prompting the creation of this Topic.  Most of the times when I have discussed chakras and working with chakras, I've drawn on memories of things I've read, and maybe those memories are faded or incomplete.

Last year I read two of the best sources of chakra information for both the lay person and the healer.  They are both authored by Dr. John R. Cross.  One book is Healing with the Chakra Energy System, published in 2006.

The other is Acupuncture and the Chakra Energy System, published in 2008.  There is some overlap in the books, but each has its merits, and I've learned a LOT from these books, and look at them as something to use when there are no herbs, or not the right herbs available, no doctors, no other healers at a time when healing or pain relief is needed.

Some of the basics:  the chakras are rotating vortices of subtle matter, and are considered to be the focal points for the reception and transmission of energies.  Each is different in color, makup, form, and frequency.  There are said to be seven Major Chakras, or force centers, twenty-one Minor Chakras, and ove 700 Mini-Chakras on the body that relate to acupoints and major reflex points.

The aura is made up of seven bodies, including the physical body; the etheric body is one of the seven, and the Etheric Body  consists of a network of tubular threadlike channels known as nadis.  The Etheric Body has three main functions that are closely related.  It acts as a receiver, assimilator, and transmitter of vital force via the chbakras.  In other words, it represents a vast clearing house of energy from within outwards AND from outwards within.

There is much, much more, but that is a good beginning summary.  I didn't even mention meridians, or how each of the chakras is associated with other aspects (organs, etc.) in the body.  Way too much to summarize here, but I feel these books are priceless.  And BTW, I have used acupressure successfully, and of course acupressure is the layman's version of acupuncture, and as mentioned above, the acupoints used in acupressure and acupuncture are part of the whole chakra system. 

Author John Cross says that he has studied this field for over 25 years and still does not know all of it, and that a person could study his entire life and still have more to learn in this field.  Hopefully this is a good start.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: CHAKRAS-- In Health and Healing
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
Another excellent book:  Energy Medicine by Donna Eden.  My copy is copyrighted 1998.
There are eight non-physical energy systems in the human body, of which the chakras is one

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 12:27:46 PM »
That was a pretty comprehensive beginning - thank you so much Ilinda for putting that together, and Jim for the book suggestion. 

I have lots of questions about chakras that might be answered in your future posts, if any are planned.  One being that I've heard bits and pieces about energy moving up the chakras.  So I wonder:

*if energy is always intended to move upward in the chakras?

*do we get stuck sometimes in one chakra, and if so, how to get out of it?

*how the chakras relate to ascension

Will stop there!  :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »
That was a pretty comprehensive beginning - thank you so much Ilinda for putting that together, and Jim for the book suggestion. 

I have lots of questions about chakras that might be answered in your future posts, if any are planned.  One being that I've heard bits and pieces about energy moving up the chakras.  So I wonder:

*if energy is always intended to move upward in the chakras?

*do we get stuck sometimes in one chakra, and if so, how to get out of it?

*how the chakras relate to ascension

Will stop there!  :)
Will research your questions in more depth, but I don't believe we "get stuck in one chakra", but  there may be a "congested", "blocked", or "stuck" chakra.

From some of the reading I've done (whether in John Cross' books or elsewhere), the goal for good health is to always be moving toward balanced chakras, and further that it is through the chakras, major, minor, or mini, that chi or prana can enter.  Thus we receive Universal Energy through the chakras. 

I'm a total novice, but will search for info on whether energy always moves upward.  I know in various meditations, sometimes we imagine bringing energy from deep in the Earth upward into our bodies, and at other times, we imagine drawing energy from the Universe downward through the Crown chakra, and even through some of the other chakras down into the body.

And energy can move inward, or outward through the chakras.  I envision it works like this:  imagine feeling intense love and admiration, for example, for honeybees and Monarch butterflies.  That feeling may well involve an outpouring of "love energy" flowing in waves toward the object of admiration.  Now imagine needing healing, and doing a meditation in which you imagine sucking Universal Healing energy from "out there" or from the Central Sun/center of Milky Way, down through your crown chakra and to the areas where it is needed.

There is one meditation I've been trying to do regularly, but haven't, is the Hara, which is known by other names.  In this one, you bring energy inward into one area, then you move it to a nearby area where you amplify it, saving it for a future healing session, where you will be the healer.

Hope to do a bit more research on this.  And yes, Donna Eden is a very talented and gifted person, so no doubt her book reflects that.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »
Will try the meditation that you suggested.  Will probably need some practice to get it right, though!  :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 06:59:55 PM »
Adding cover images of Jim's and Ilinda's book recommendations:
(Note: I've updated the image of Jim's book since the original post.)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:08:22 AM by R.R. Book »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 10:31:37 PM »
Adding cover images of Jim's and Ilinda's book recommendations:
Actually, that is not the book that I have.  Same two authors and same title, but not "for Women".

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 05:03:57 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Jim!  Updating cover image of Jim's book recommendation in my previous post...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 04:31:01 PM »
Will try the meditation that you suggested.  Will probably need some practice to get it right, though!  :)
IIRC, one of the many meditations offered by Tom Kenyon on his website directs the participant to envision doing both simultaneously:  bring Universal or Solar energy inward/downward through the crown chakra and down into the body (solar plexus,IIRC) and also drawing Earth energy from the center of the Earth upward through the root chakra into the body, and having those two streams/plume of energy meet.  From there, I can't recall exactly what is next, as he has published so many different meditations, most or all being beneficial.

It probably doesn't matter what the rest of his stated meditation is, because once you've drawn in energy from those two major sources, you've got a powerful force to either store, or amplify and then store, or direct at the location in your own body where you want to direct healing energy.  The mind is powerful.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »
one of the many meditations offered by Tom Kenyon on his website directs the participant to envision doing both simultaneously:  bring Universal or Solar energy inward/downward through the crown chakra and down into the body (solar plexus,IIRC) and also drawing Earth energy from the center of the Earth upward through the root chakra into the body, and having those two streams/plume of energy meet.

Am thinking I might need to try one small piece of that at a time to begin with anyway... ;)

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW