Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Birds are Vanishing From North America  (Read 550 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Birds are Vanishing From North America
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 10:35:22 AM »
The saddest part of all of  this is, yes, the birds are disappearing.  It's really impossible to find words to describe how most of us feel about the situation, which of course will accelerate. 

And during all of this, the EPA, as well as state agencies will proclaim that all is well, and the neonics are being used responsibly, so it must be some other reason that insects are dying, followed by birds disappearing.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 03:18:34 PM »
There's a joyful sign in the woods right now here at sundown:

We're having a periodic landing of migratory birds, who every now and then will make a mass descent in the woods just to catch their breath, get a drink from one of several stations, and perhaps grab a snack if they can find one. 

The chatter is deafening, but delightfully reassuring.  When the boys were little, they'd always describe these events as angelic visitations, since the birds seem to act with a hive mind in all of their beautiful twisting mid-air patterns as they take off to resume their journey.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:41:43 PM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »
Wonderful account.  Do you know the type of bird?

We finally heard one crow and saw one vulture around here.  One problem here in our tiny valley is that we suspect someone is poisoning coyotes because we stopped hearing them this year.  And after  months with no coyotes yipping and howling, hubby noted that there don't seem to be crows, then we realized not only were crows missing but other scavengers are missing.  If poison is the culprit, it makes sense as poisoned coyote bodies would be eaten by scavengers, etc.

I have called friends five miles from here and they hear coyotes all the time and see plenty of scavenger birds, so we assume it's in our small valley, and there is only one person we suspect, because one time a few years ago he told hubby that he just snaps the necks of sparrows to kill them.  I cannot imagine the purpose of that but his mindset certainly would not be averse to poisoning wildlife.

But I rejoice with "our" crow and vulture, plus rejoice with you  for your migrating visitors.  Lucky you, and lucky them that they are still alive!  Do you have ideas about their destination?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 08:48:08 AM »
I think they were blackbirds Ilinda.  I had only stepped out for a few minutes to harvest some salad fixings for supper, and with the setting sun glaring from the West thru the woods, I couldn't witness visually this time what was happening, but definitely heard it.  Blackbirds seem to be the most common en masse visitors to the woods on a stop-over.  Others either keep flying to their journey, or take up permanent residence here.

Maybe that's why the blackbird is so prevalent in Pennsylvania primitive artwork?  Also, I think it's a Native American symbol for the spirit / Spirit, which would have had an influence on PA culture, as the local Lenape tribe had become fluent in English through a great deal of pre-Independence interaction with settlers.  Sadly, this is one state in which there are no remaining indigenous tribes - they had mostly been pushed West or assimilated even well ahead of the Trail of Tears.

Here's a link to info on blackbird migration patterns to hopefully answer your question about where they may have been heading...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW