Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Time To Get You HAM License (i.e. No More Excuses !!)  (Read 511 times)

MadMax

Time To Get You HAM License (i.e. No More Excuses !!)
« on: October 28, 2019, 04:30:42 PM »
I think that its time to start a new thread here to encourage everyone here to get at least their Technician Class Ham radio license.

I get the impression that everyone reading this feels that its just (too daunting a task) to be able to do this in a reasonable period of time (and of course be successful)!

First just as a reminder ALL of the questions for the Ham license  exams (Technician, General and Extra) class are published on-line.

My favorite study site is QRZ.com, that is where I studied using their on-line tests to get my first Ham license. I have included a screen shot below.

Studying for your Technician class license should take no more than 3-4 hours to go through the questions and be ready to take the test.

A number of clubs in your local area should give tests on a regular basis and some even give the tests for free (our club does).

There are also a number of Apps for your smartphone that have all the questions for the test and you can study any time you have a few spare minutes..

So start studying using the resources above and find a local HAM club, there are VERY happy to help you get started in what you need to know to get “on the air”..

More posts coming about what radio to get to get started with ,etc..

PX is coming (Tick, Tock, Tick.. )

Max

MadMax

Re: Time To Get You HAM License (i.e. No More Excuses !!)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
Here is a good place to order inexpensive VHF/UHF radios at a VERY low cost:

https://www.radioddity.com/

Here is a good “starter radio”:

https://www.radioddity.com/collections/best-selling/products/baofeng-gt-3tp-mark-iii-two-way-radio

Baofeng GT-3TP Mark III | Dual Band | 8W/4W/1W | Tri-power | High-gain Antenna
Write a review
4.4 (119 reviews)
| Ask A Question
SKU: 28-020-952

$31.99 Regular price $34.99

I have one of these myself and they work great, go ahead and order a radio (while you are studying for the exam). It will allow you get start listening to “local Ham traffic” and will serve as additional motivation to finish your study and take the test..

Max

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 04:24:51 AM »
That is truly a bargain Max!  I'll copy that link right now.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 04:28:35 AM »
Thanks for the test practice link Max - I have copied it and will share with the family.

Will check to see if our local clubs offer the test free of charge.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW