Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Anti-Fracking groups, petitions activities  (Read 165 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Anti-Fracking groups, petitions activities
« on: November 23, 2019, 09:31:20 PM »
This is from 2017:

http://projects.thepostathens.com/SpecialProjects/ohios-fractured-lands/

EFFECTS OF FRACKING COULD BE FAR-REACHING
A correction has been appended

Alex Meyer / Senior Writer
Felicia Mettler never saw herself taking a stand for an environmental cause. But when injection well activity began in Torch, a few miles from her Coolville home, she weighed the impact on her family and the land around her. “As a mother, it’s my job to protect my kids, and I don’t want to move,” Mettler, 45, a stay-at-home mother of three, said. “I’m on land that is family land. My mother, I could throw a rock at her house. My brother lives right next door.” Injection wells are used to dispose of the chemical waste that can result from fracking. Mettler and other local residents are concerned whether the three injection wells in Torch — a 30-minute drive from Athens — will affect the environment and people’s health.

Injection wells are involved in the process of hydraulic fracturing, otherwise known as fracking, wherein a mixture of liquids are pumped deep underground to break up rock formations that contain natural gas or oil so those resources can be extracted.

“My mother-in-law and father-in-law live in Torch, they live 1,800 feet from the injection well.” Mettler said. “What are we breathing? What are going to be the health effects?”

In recent years, residents in Athens and across the state have voiced worries regarding fracking and the waste that can result from it. Most recently, those concerns have centered around potential fracking in the nearby Wayne National Forest after the Bureau of Land Management auctioned forest land that could be used for fracking on Dec. 13, according to a previous Post report.

Fracking remains a controversial topic, with some championing its energy and economic potential and others fearing its effects on water sources, forests, air quality and public health. [CONTINUED]
http://projects.thepostathens.com/SpecialProjects/ohios-fractured-lands/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Anti-Fracking groups, petitions activities
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 09:43:50 PM »
OHIO has only one National Forest, the Wayne National Forest and somehow (don't ask me how this could possibly happen) FRACKING has encroached upon it.
So that is what the big deal is. 
https://thenewpolitical.com/2019/08/27/the-fight-to-end-land-leasing-at-wayne-national-forest/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 09:59:20 PM »
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/12/fracking-linked-low-weight-babies

Fracking linked to low-weight babies
By Ann GibbonsDec. 13, 2017 , 2:00 PM

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »
Had a long post about a study of fracking and health, with images ready to go, but just before a rainstorm here, lost it all... everything froze up and had to flip the power switch to unfreeze it.
Will re-post in awhile...

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 10:53:31 AM »
That is so frustrating when it happens!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
That is so frustrating when it happens!

>:(    ;D 

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 05:49:44 PM »
We'll certainly be looking forward to your post!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW