Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Coronavirus has been declared a global pandemic  (Read 8726 times)

Yowbarb

Re: Coronavirus has been declared a global pandemic
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2020, 10:18:27 PM »
How people are spreading Covid-19 without symptoms
Silent spreaders are playing a significant role in the pandemic.

By Katherine Harmon Courage  Updated Apr 22, 2020, 5:22pm EDT

Part of The Vox guide to navigating the coronavirus crisis
We know that not everyone who comes into contact with the novel coronavirus ends up getting sick. But just how many people out there have the virus and are feeling fine — and are perhaps unknowingly spreading it to others?

New data suggests it could be a lot.

For example, 60 percent of personnel aboard the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt who tested positive for the coronavirus appeared healthy at the time, Reuters reported. Other data — from Iceland and elsewhere — have uncovered similar patterns.

With testing capacity still limited, most governments continue to focus on people who are showing symptoms of Covid-19 so that they can be isolated. This is important for slowing the virus’s spread. But it also means that globally, we have lagged in finding people who are carrying the virus but aren’t currently sick — and might be spreading it.

(The early evidence that seemingly healthy people can still infect others with the coronavirus is one of the main reasons behind the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendation that everyone wear a mask in public: so that people who don’t know they have the virus don’t accidentally infect others with it.)

So the big question everyone — including infectious disease experts — has is: How big of a role are these “silent spreaders” playing in this pandemic? It’s certainly significant.

People who feel fine are spreading the coronavirus
Throughout the pandemic, public health officials have focused on the advice that people who have symptoms of Covid-19 should self-isolate. This is crucial, to be sure. But it is also becoming “increasingly clear that there are people who are either asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic who can transmit” the virus, Carlos del Rio, chair of the Department of Global Health at Emory University, told Vox.

In fact, people can start transmitting the virus 24 to 48 hours before they start showing symptoms, he said in a briefing for the Infectious Disease Society of America.

This timing detail is no small matter. And new research on presymptomatic transmission in people who did eventually experience symptoms underscores why.

PEOPLE WERE MOST INFECTIOUS RIGHT BEFORE THEY STARTED TO SHOW SYMPTOMS
A study in Nature Medicine of 94 confirmed Covid-19 patients found that people were most infectious right before they started to show symptoms. The researchers obtained data about people who had gotten Covid-19 as well as those who had been around them before and after they got sick. Based on this, they estimated that 44 percent of people who caught the virus from the study’s participants had gotten it from people who felt healthy at the time.

They also found that someone who is mildly sick could have been just as contagious as someone with more severe symptoms. Maybe they aren’t coughing as much as someone feeling more seriously ill, but the virus can still spread through talking, sneezing, and coughing.

And what about people who are carrying the virus but don’t ever get sick — the true asymptomatic carriers? Can they spread it, too?

We simply don’t know yet. Hopefully, further studies will figure this out, because it could lead to more informed decisions about how to eventually end the pandemic.

How many people are carrying the coronavirus and don’t know it?
A new study out of Iceland, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, offers important insight about how prevalent asymptomatic carriers may be. Iceland has tested 6 percent of the entire island nation’s population — the most testing per capita of any country so far.

Yowbarb

« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2020, 02:46:07 AM »
The CDC data (presented by Pres Trump's team) had projected a death rate of 60,000 in the US, by June.
Well that projection was based upon an assumption that social distancing, masks, many businesses shut down, and other measures would still be in place and virtually all citizens cooperating with that.  Instead, some states barely shut anything down. Businesses are partially opening and lots of demonstrations and people - only a few wearing masks.
Currently there are 72,000+ deaths in the US from Covid 19. Instead of peaking on May 01, looks like August and at least more waves of the disease are expected.  Looks like a 5% death rate when you divide the deaths by the number of cases and get a percentage.

https://ncov2019.live/

1,263,224  Confirmed Cases     74,809 deaths US

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:56:46 AM by Barbara Townsend »

MadMax

« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2020, 12:01:51 PM »
VIRUS RESEARCHER MURDERED…  ???

May 6, 2020 By Joseph P. Farrell

https://gizadeathstar.com/2020/05/virus-researcher-dead/

Well, I suspect that we all suspected that sooner or later this would happen.

Sooner or later, someone involved in researching the Fauci-Lieber-Wuhan virus, was going to end up yet another victim of those strange "health care deaths" that we have blogged about from time to time. Well, it has happened, according to this article shared by C.S.:

Coronavirus In Pittsburgh: Researcher Killed In Apparent Murder-Suicide Was Close To ‘Making Very Significant Findings’ Related To COVID-19, Pitt Says

And you can color me really skeptical here. Note the following:

A researcher killed in an apparent murder-suicide was close to “making very significant findings” related to the coronavirus, his department said.

Two shootings that happened over the weekend in Ross Township appear to be a murder-suicide, according to police.

On May 2, police said 37-year-old Bing Liu was found dead in his home on Elm Court from apparent gunshot wounds to his head, neck and torso. Investigators say they now believe his death is a homicide.

Liu was a research assistant professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, his department said on Monday.

“Bing was on the verge of making very significant findings toward understanding the cellular mechanisms that underlie SARS-CoV-2 infection and the cellular basis of the following complications. We will make an effort to complete what he started in an effort to pay homage to his scientific excellence,” the department said on its website. (Emphasis added)

So we have:

(1) a Chinese-American, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Pittsburg, who is

(2) researching corona viruses and particularly (2a) the mechanisms of how they infect people and (2B) the cellular structures or bases of the complications following. Or to put that country simple, Professor Bing Liu's research might have cracked the mystery as to why some people become horribly ill, and why some remain asymptomatic, or at best, suffer a cold.

Ahhh... but you can relax, because his apparent murderer was found in a car, the victim of an apparent suicide:

There you go, Professor Bing Liu and the other man knew each other. It must have been all a friends' squabble gone horribly wrong. Nothing to see here, move along. But we can relax because Professor Liu's research will be continued:

“Bing was on the verge of making very significant findings toward understanding the cellular mechanisms that underlie SARS-CoV-2 infection and the cellular basis of the following complications. We will make an effort to complete what he started in an effort to pay homage to his scientific excellence,” the department said on its website. (Emphasis added)

Who wants to lay odds that we'll never hear any more about Liu's research?

Of course, there's not a shred of data, or information, that can support my hypothesis that the unfortunate Professor Liu's murder was anything more than a friends' dispute gone wrong. But since virtually everything else about the Fauci-Lieber-Wuhan virus story stinks, not the least malodorous thing about it being the connections between Fauci (rhymes with Grouchy) and Billious Hates, I feel entirely justified in indulging in some high octane speculation. So yes, I would not be honest if I did not admit that my suspicion meter is in the red zone on this one.

Somebody wanted this virus out and circulating, and somebody certainly is driving the propatainment media hysteria about the story, and somebody is willing to trash the global economy, and that means that whatever the motivations behind their actions, those motivations are important enough to trash the global economy and to take the risks associated with that action.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:24:24 AM by R.R. Book »

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2020, 06:19:25 AM »
Max, posting a link to this over at the "Harassed, Missing or Dead Scientists" thread:

https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,6925.msg119432.html#msg119432

ilinda

« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2020, 10:53:25 AM »
Vitamin D Level is Directly Related to CoVid19 Outcome

The video link won't work, so since this is Mercola's "Top Story" today, just go to https://www.mercola.com and the article and video are on the front page.  Very educational article and makes us want to check our D3 levels.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2020, 05:28:43 PM »
That data harmonizes with Lew Rockwell contributing writer Bill Sardi's comment today that nearly three dozen countries on or around the Equator are reporting zero cases. 

Here's a graphic from Ilinda's link:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:50:36 PM by R.R. Book »

Socrates

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: Vit. D
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2020, 02:11:54 AM »
Hmm, would love to read it, especially since my son has been stuck inside for the last 3 months and it's beautifully sunny outside today. However, i went to mercola.com and no mention of Vit. D ...

If you can find the link again, maybe just post the URL?
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

Re: Vit. D
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2020, 09:15:35 AM »
Hmm, would love to read it, especially since my son has been stuck inside for the last 3 months and it's beautifully sunny outside today. However, i went to mercola.com and no mention of Vit. D ...

If you can find the link again, maybe just post the URL?
He really changes top articles fast!  When you get to https://www.mercola.com, note the back arrow in the middle of the left side of of the current article.  Scroll left several times until you see the screen (I screen-captured it):

Yowbarb

« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2020, 12:48:12 AM »
Max, RR, thanks for your posts, going to read; quickly going to post some stats now. - Barb T.  Looks like approx a 5% death rate in Covid19 cases.
https://ncov2019.live/

United States
Confirmed cases    1,430,348       
Critical                      16,349   
Deaths                      85,197

Yowbarb

« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2020, 02:37:22 AM »
90,000 Americans have perished from COVID19 and as time goes by and more tests are done on bodies which have not been cremated, (could take awhile) we will find out there are even more covid 19 deaths.
All i am interested in doing in this topic is posting facts from the sites which give the stats.
The latest predeiction is 100,000 deaths total by June.
i am asking everyone to have respect. This is not over. Medical personnel are working very long hours and they are dying. I am sick to death of conspiracy theories about fake this and that, saying it  is a planned thing or fake or not real.
Trump was saying it was a "Democrat hoax,' back in early March. So, instead of listening to the CDC and his own security briefings, the PDBs Presidential Daily Briefs, he was downplaying it in his speeches. he is commander in chief and he could have made use of tremendous resources to start a campaign to make sure it did not get bad in the US. I remember one speech when he said "only 15 cases, no deaths, this will all magically disappear." Since then a health disaster. People trying to avoid getting sick and making their grandmothers get sick and die, are staying inside, those who are able to. It is not over yet,
All the patriots demonstrating againt the businesses being closed running around with guns and often no masks, they have caused the covid19 to spike again.If you do not believe just google what is actually happening and read something besides Fox news or conspiracy theories on the internet.
Have some commons sense and respect. This thing is expected to peak again June then come back in the Fall.
I sure understand why people need to get back to work, just use as much common sense as you can, stay safe, please. Masks in public, gloves even cloth gloves help. Hand sanitizer if no gloves. What my family and I do is use simple green, or spray peroxide on mail, boxes, groceries (not on produce) we wash it of course

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW