Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Coronavirus has been declared a global pandemic  (Read 2645 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Coronavirus has been declared a global pandemic
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2020, 02:20:27 PM »
The point is, the rate of growth... and there is no vaccination or natural immunity known for this virus.
20,801 deaths thus far from the coronavirus.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2020, 02:24:36 PM »
Homegrown USA compares CDC U.S. morbidity and mortality stats for Novel Coronavirus and the 2017-2018 influenza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZ6TWI3IKw @ around 32:00

2017-2018 influenza      
Reported infections: 45 million (w. 810,000 hospitalizations)
Deaths: 61,000
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Novel Coronavirus to-date
Current reported infections as of 3/25:  54,453
Deaths: 737
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

That's 45 million influenza infections vs. 54 thousand Novel Coronavirus infections

That's 61 thousand influenza deaths vs. 7 hundred Novel Coronavirus deaths

So why weren't we under medical martial law for seasonal influenza as well? 

[ https://ncov2019.live/data ]

Yowbarb Note: We are only a couple months in, and there are already over 20,000 deaths worldwide,   462,027 cases reported worldwide. Please realize these numbers  are under reported there are places, far flung places with no testing and primitive conditions.

Hundreds per day in Italy alone, 4 hours ago - 683 deaths yesterday in Italy.

[https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-tally/italy-coronavirus-deaths-rise-by-683-in-a-day-lifting-total-death-toll-to-7503-idUSKBN21C2XB     
Spain: Their system is overloaded, patients are close to death, lying in hallways.  514 at least died yesterday
[
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/spain-doctors-lack-protection-coronavirus-covid-19

I do understand, the restrictions seem extreme at first, Americans are not used to this! The US is third on the list, number of cases and deaths.  If people do not take this seriously and obey the guidelines, many thousands of senior citizens and also a lot of people of all ages will perish before this is over. some health experts are saying we need to get a handle on this, effective testing has not even  BEGUN. If it is not done and people do not take it seriously it could come back stronger in the autumn like the spanish flu. this is being compared to the spanish flu, so no, it is not the same as the common flu. The death rate is many times higher. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:56:51 PM by Yowbarb »

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2020, 02:41:21 PM »
Agreed they are not the same.  The question was "Why are we under medical martial law now (such as here in PA), but were not in the deadly 2017-2018 flu season? 

Could there be a connection to the arrival of Px?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2020, 02:52:41 PM »
Homegrown USA compares CDC U.S. morbidity and mortality stats for Novel Coronavirus and the 2017-2018 influenza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZ6TWI3IKw @ around 32:00

2017-2018 influenza      
Reported infections: 45 million (w. 810,000 hospitalizations)
Deaths: 61,000
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Novel Coronavirus to-date
Current reported infections as of 3/25:  54,453
Deaths: 737
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

That's 45 million influenza infections vs. 54 thousand Novel Coronavirus infections

That's 61 thousand influenza deaths vs. 7 hundred Novel Coronavirus deaths

So why weren't we under medical martial law for seasonal influenza as well? 

This thing does move fast. Total # cases in the US is up to 58,891.
Total # of reported deaths at this point, 913
compare this to what was in your post from several hours ago. I really do believe the restrictions are necessary and it would be worse without them...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2020, 03:00:19 PM »
Agreed they are not the same.  The question was "Why are we under medical martial law now (such as here in PA), but were not in the deadly 2017-2018 flu season? 

RR that is always possible...it occurs to me too.
That said, to me, that flu season is not the same as what is going on worldwide, now...
They have to get a handle on this virus and stop the contagion...
The medical systems are not able to handle it. What is happening in Italy and Spain could be happening here, so regardless of any other theory, or worry about martial law (valid worry) but it is what it is, and we will see.

Regardless, people need to pay attention, wash their hands and do whatever they can to help stop the stpread of the virus. It is a novel virus and people not developed an immunity.
If people joke about it (humor is understandable) but actually joke or dismiss it, and do not pay attention or take precautions they could be taking, we are in for a long haul and it will be not so good...

I tend to post the worldwide stats more, well the US has moved up to 4th place in the number of deaths and cases.  462,027 confirmed cases, 41 have recovered, 913 deaths. That is the present time data and it is flawed due to lack of test kits and lack of rapid testing of anyone with symptoms. And realize hardly any testing has started. Meanwhile the virus has taken hold in many states. So, stay safe everyone...
It is not a matter of panicking. I feel if pepoe do not take it seriously there will be a whole lot of people not making it through this.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2020, 03:40:15 PM »
You may be right Barb, but suspension of habeas corpus is under consideration, meaning military tribunals.  Gun stores are being forced to close, and ammo is not for sale in stores that carry it.  Free speech has been criminalized in parts of the free world.

Don't mean to rant on your thread!

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2020, 06:55:05 PM »
Doesn't it feel like about everything is coming crashing down on us all at once?  That's how it feels from this perspective, and I cringe at all that we/I have to do just to get by.  Sigh.   But still I live.....

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2020, 12:17:23 AM »
You may be right Barb, but suspension of habeas corpus is under consideration, meaning military tribunals.  Gun stores are being forced to close, and ammo is not for sale in stores that carry it.  Free speech has been criminalized in parts of the free world.

Don't mean to rant on your thread!

Really scary stuff what is being proposed by some in the Administrative branch and asking the DOJ to do which he is more than willing to do and trying to get the Congress to pass.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:28 AM »
21,318 deaths reported from novel coronavirus, COVID19 as of 03:18 AM EDT

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2020, 12:20:38 AM »
Doesn't it feel like about everything is coming crashing down on us all at once?  That's how it feels from this perspective, and I cringe at all that we/I have to do just to get by.  Sigh.   But still I live.....

Yes almost like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
We just keep on keepin' on as long as we can... 
We have to try and help save some young people and children to help carry on the future, help some animal species to survive...

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »
I just read the article that MM had posted previously to that one, and enjoyed the ending:

We are now in a time when the big fish are eating the big fish. We are the little fish, lay low, be calm, and wait for the big brawlers to thrash it out.

We just need to sit back, enjoy the show, and go with the flow, and be sensible out staying safe.  Until the all-clear sounds, be patient, avoid congested areas and wash your hands.

Where We Go One We Go All

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2020, 02:57:53 PM »
Everything we know is wrong.  We're preparing for the end of this civilization.  That's wrong...Let's prepare for the beginning of the next civilization.

~Marshall Masters, "March Madness + Nibiru Connection"

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2020, 05:02:53 PM »
Everyone I know is just preparing to survive... what is actually occurring right now...
One of many things happening right now. Well, not everyone I know is preparing for the future not in a survivalist sense... That sure has to happen too...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »
Everyone I know is just preparing to survive... what is actually occurring right now...
One of many things happening right now. Well, not everyone I know is preparing for the future not in a survivalist sense... That sure has to happen too...
People are preparing for the future, but none of us knows what it will be.....

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2020, 10:26:30 PM »

RR definitely could be a connection with PX.
My answer to you is, regarding the restrictions as compared with flu epidemics, this situation is so very much worse. There are people who suddenly get so sick they need a ventilator and the hospitals in major population centers are about to run out of those. A lot of effort is going in to getting hospitals what they need so maybe they will get the supplies faast enough. chief Med Offcr U of Penn Med Centr says they are going to run out of things like ventilators in 2 days time. This is why the authorities want to slow this thing down, with the restrictions. As I posted earlier the srestrictions are starting to work in Italy and in NYC but the situations there are still disasters. - Barb T.

https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/watch/chief-medical-officer-at-upenn-hospital-describes-their-situation-and-needs-81241669670

Dr. PJ Brennan, Chief Medical Officer at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, joins Andrea Mitchell, to discuss how his hospital is dealing with coronavirus, and what they need as they prepare for a potential influx of patients.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW