Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Securing and legally defending the property  (Read 746 times)

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Securing and legally defending the property
« on: April 19, 2020, 05:14:06 PM »
This thread invites the discussion of legal means of securing and defending private property.

Guidelines:

*Differing views on the legal use of firearms are welcome if expressed politely.

*The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution is considered inviolable, and any measures taken under "color of law" to interfere, even temporarily, with its protections should be watched closely and reported upon.

*This is not intended to be a politically oriented thread, but neither should commenters be afraid to criticize an elected official or civil servant on the basis that it might be construed as being politically motivated. 

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: Securing and legally defending the property
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »
Last week, Attorney General Barr took steps to balance previous legislation prohibiting interference with overhead drones (commercial or otherwise), in the wake of recent concerns (largely obscured by the present virus outbreak) over unidentified drones performing actions in various sites around the country which could be construed as being nuisance activities at best, and potential espionage or terrorism at worst.

His memorandum dated April 13 of this year is located here:

Dave Hodges of The Common Sense Show takes concerns about drones over private property a step further.  Drones, he explains, are now equipped with cameras and forceps, and are capable of scouting personal property in order to spot items to seize and carry away. 

He particularly warns the public against leaving a child outdoors unattended.  In addition, with the coming food shortages, any productive livestock or rootstock on the grounds might be a target for theft, and we need to consider measures to secure or camoflage them.  Placing crops in tunnels or shade houses might be one option.  Also, the benefits of forest gardening begin to become more clear at this point: plants that are not laid out in easily identifiable crop rows might be less of a temptation, though an orderly garden plan might conversely be easier to scan for disturbances.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:26:19 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 09:04:57 PM »
That is a lot to read:
https://www.justice.gov/ag/page/file/1268401/download
but it may be worth checking to see if there are way(s) to protect one from invasion of privacy.

About a month ago I had my own encounter with a drone, but did not know about it until a neighbor jokingly hinted to it.  I had been up the road "at the four-way", and parked my truck, so I could walk around and gather pine branchlets that had dropped, as I needed the pine for an ailing goat.  I gathered several bags full and happily went home.

About a week later, the neighbor near the "four-way" hinted that I had been seen on footage of a drone placed in the area by the U.S. Forest Service, ostensibly for preventing hog hunting.  Neighbor said something about my having been seen there.  I am guessing the USFS personnel asked neighbor who is the woman in the footage.

It sound innocuous enough, but it's a creepy feeling to think that every time we venture outdoors, we might be spied on.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 04:23:46 AM »
Ilinda, does your property abut a state or national park?

We have a law in place in PA stating that people may legally gather firewood from public lands without a permit, and I'm assuming that fallen pine boughs would count here. 

Maybe next time you should wave at the camera, however invisible?  :)

ilinda

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 08:43:11 PM »
Ilinda, does your property abut a state or national park?

We have a law in place in PA stating that people may legally gather firewood from public lands without a permit, and I'm assuming that fallen pine boughs would count here. 

Maybe next time you should wave at the camera, however invisible?  :)
We border the U.S.Forest Service, which is where I was.  I'm fairly certain gathering pine branchlets would be legal, although I haven't checked.  They fall anyway, and it's certainly not like digging ginseng for the purpose of selling it!  I'm feeding a sick goat. 

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 05:56:46 AM »
You've put in countless hours lovingly tending the goats.  Hope this one recovers quickly!

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW