Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Stonehenge  (Read 10720 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Stonehenge
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 07:44:59 AM »
I'll have to look up spirit lines.  According to the map provided by Jim, I'm in the circled area of a starbiome.  I don't know what that means.  I don't know if that's really good, or really bad.  I did some research earlier today, but got nowhere.

Hi augonit, I am trying to find a good site/reference for this, back soon,
YB

augonit

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »
Thanks.  I'm really curious to see what it means.  My initial thought was that I must be in some kind of Bermuda Triangle thing.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »
Thanks.  I'm really curious to see what it means.  My initial thought was that I must be in some kind of Bermuda Triangle thing.

Tried to post a whole thing just now but it disappeared.
Anyway I did find a section in Sacred Texts on Ley Lines. It used the same basic reference as the wikipedia article. I'm still looking haven't gone through all of the Sacred Texts site for the Starbiome. - YB

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/eng/ebt/index.htm  Sacred Texts

Early British Trackways, Moats, Mounds, Camps and Sites
by Alfred Watkins
[1922]

Sacred Texts home page: http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm

Image is from here:

http://www.perfectduluthday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Namerica.jpg

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:07:04 AM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 07:36:55 AM »
This topic seems the best place to post this new and interesting article ( from 2/5/13) regarding an ancient site in Russia, similar to Stonehenge.  I find this topic very intriguing and have recently come across a lot of info on "Stonehenge type" sites around the world, which I'm going to start posting!  I just saw a show on TV about a possible one in the US, in New Hampshire! 

For nine years Bashkir scientists have been engaged in the excavation of a monument found in Uchalinsky district, two kilometers from the village of Novo-Bayramgulova. Studying aerial photographs, scientists saw round construction about fifty meters in diameter. These stone circles are comparable to the famous Stonehenge.

According to experts, this may be the ruins of an ancient temple, the remainder of the people of the Neolithic.

Bashkiria has a large number of various archaeological sites. Favorable climatic conditions attracted people to the area since ancient times. However, a construction of this magnitude has not yet been found.

According to Vitaly Fedorov, head of the archaeological expedition of the Academy VEGU (Eastern Economics and Law University for the Humanities), associate professor of Russian History, Candidate of Sciences, the construction can rather be called a rectangular, not a circle. Most likely, this unique structure was built about five thousand years ago - in the Neolithic period, i.e., in late Stone Age, when the first weapons of bronze began to appear. The website CatalogOfMinerals.Ru reported that "construction of facilities of this scale required use of a certain technology that only a fairly advanced civilization could have. Tribes that inhabited this area five thousand years ago at the time did not even know agriculture."

The mysterious construction is likely a prehistoric temple where pagan rituals were performed. This can be concluded from the fact that the corners of the temple are oriented toward the rising sun and the moon. Unfortunately, the walls of the buildings have not been preserved, online resource The Eye of the Planet reported. According to local residents, there used to be many boulders at the archaeological site, but in the 1980s all of them were removed by tractors.

Earlier Bashkir archeologists found similar stone circles, but they were at least five times smaller. Another puzzle is a 37-meter inner ditch with the width of up to one meter and depth of seventy centimeters.

For a long time experts believed that there were no developed civilizations in the South Urals. However, since the middle last century, archaeologists began finding fortified settlements in the steppes of Southern Ural. They all had a circular structure. The scientists found dishes brought from different parts of Eurasia, coins, jewelry, and, of course, weapons. The prevalent opinion among scientists is that this was an Indo-European tribe, most likely Abashevtsy. Historian Salavat Gallyamov believes that they were ancestors of bashkords of Iranian origin. Renowned Bashkir scientist Niaz Mazhitov said that they stayed in the South Urals and played an important role in the formation of the local peoples.

A historic building known as "Arkaim" was considered the capital of the "country of the cities." In the Bronze Age there lived representatives of Abashevskaya archaeological culture. This is evidenced by a vessel with complex characteristic ornamentation. The city also had a workshop for production of metal products. Yet, one hundred years later, the residents of Arkaim suddenly left the city.

"Bashkir Stonehenge" is approximately a thousand years older than Arkaim. It was discovered in 1988 by Valery Gorozhanin with the Institute of Geological Science Centre through declassified aerial photographs of 1954. In 1995, the monument was studied by Niaz Mazhitov who classified it as an ordinary Bronze Age settlement. The monument became to develop as a religious complex in 2006.

In addition to the English Stonehenge, similar structures were found in Austria and the Czech Republic. At the moment, the experts cannot answer whether these advanced religious and astronomical systems moved from the West to the East, or in the opposite direction.

In 2007, 68 sq. m were excavated at this remarkable archaeological site. Bashkir portal Vatandash reported: "Among the findings there were bone and stone arrowheads, bone awls, pendants and amulets made of animal bones, pottery, bronze plates, numerous stone tools, including a knife for cutting meat, and ceramic fragments. The exploration of the antiquities sites is in its early stages. Time will tell what secrets and discoveries await the scientists. "

Igor Bukker 

Pravda.Ru

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/05-02-2013/123679-stone_circles_bashkiria-0/

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
This is all I have found so far in print about the US Stonehenge in NH.  I'm going to try to find the TV show info I had seen sometime last week on a new series, on H2 I think it was.

http://www.stonehengeusa.com/

UPDATE:  This is the show I was referring to on H2, called "America Unearthed".  All the episodes have been great so far.  You should be able to watch them here at this link.

http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed

One of the most interesting parts of the info related in the show, IMO, was that if you shoot a direct line across the earth from the NH Stonehenge east, you come directly to the Stonehenge, England site.  Now I'm just not one who believes in much in the way of coincidence.... :o ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:21:00 AM by enlightenme »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 07:49:29 AM »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 07:52:38 AM »
Not exactly new info, but a good article as well.

New discovery reveals Stonehenge secret

Published on Mon, Nov 28, 2011 by Tibi Puiu

Post filled in: Archaeology, Studies

In a remarkable find, archeologists have uncovered two ancient pits, perfectly aligned with the sun’s natural summer cycle. These suggest that the Stonehenge site was a place for sun worship at least 500 years before the first stone was erected.

Archaeologists  from the universities of Birmingham, Bradford  and Vienna were involved in an on-going survey work around Stonehenge, where they scanned the surroundings using ground-penetrating radar and other geophysical investigative techniques. What they came across was more than any of them could have expected.

Two large pits were unearthed, one faced towards the enclosure’s eastern end, the other nearer its western end, aligned according according to the sunrise and sunset, respectively, of the summer’s longest day – the summer solstice. By no means could had this be considered a coincidence. These pits may have contained stones, posts or fires to mark the rising and setting of the sun, as well as  forming a procession route along the Cursus (the pre-historic enclosure around the site) for ancient rituals celebrating the sun moving across the sky at the midsummer day. A gap at the edge of the site was also found, most likely serving as an entrance or exit to the procession site.

The sun was an important part of the local natives’ culture living more than 5000 years ago, its rising and falling becoming a central part of their lives. The discovery of the Cursus pits, pre-dating the erected stones, shows that the site at Stonehenge was sacred long before than previously thought.

This is a remarkable discovery, but by all accounts, it seems like Stonehedge has a load of other secrets left to reveals, most maybe buried forever. The University of Birmingham  Stonehenge area survey is the largest of its kind so far, and will take another two years to complete. The breakthrough we’ve been waiting for may be at reach, soon enough.

http://www.zmescience.com/science/archaeology/new-discovery-reveals-stonehenge-secret/

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 06:05:42 AM »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 09:06:06 AM »
H2 Channel, 127 1 PM -2 PM EDT 

MysteryQuest: Stonehenge
"To this day no one knows the true purpose of Stonehenge, the ancient monument in the British countryside. There are many theories: a shrine celebrating a god;
an ancient solar calendar; or maybe a sacrificial altar for an unknown pagan religion. MysteryQuest travels to the ancient ruin with a new theory--that ancient people
may have used the sound reverberations inside this circle to induce a trance-like state among participants in ancient rituals. Were there bizarre rituals, even sacrifices,
to some long-forgotten god? The team will attempt to find evidence that could crack open this persistent mystery. "

7:00 PM    MysteryQuest: Stonehenge

http://www.history.com/schedule/h2

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »

Stonehenge 5,000 Years Older Than Thought

Apr 19, 2013 03:34 PM ET // by Rossella Lorenzi

Excavation near Stonehenge found evidence of a settlement dating back to 7,500 BC, revealing the site was occupied some 5,000 years earlier than previously thought.

Working at Vespasian’s Camp in Amesbury, Wiltshire, less than a mile from the megalithic stones, a team led by archaeologist David Jacques of the Open University unearthed material which contradicted the general belief that no people settled there until as late as 2,500 BC.

Indeed, carbon dating of the material revealed the existence of a semi-permanent settlement which was occupied from 7,500 to 4,700 BC. The dating showed that people were present during every millennium in between.

NEWS: Stonehenge Was Ancient Rave Spot

The team has “found the community who put the first monument up at Stonehenge,” archaeologist Josh Pollard from Southampton University and the Stonehenge Riverside Project, told the BBC.

The researchers believe that the people who settled at Vespasian’s Camp also built the first monument at Stonehenge — large wooden posts erected between the 9th and 7th millennia BC.

The findings, to be broadcast in a documentary on BBC One, shows that Stonehenge wasn’t just abandoned by Mesolithic humans and occupied by Neolithic people thousands of years later. On the contrary, it represents a place where one culture mingled with the other.

PHOTOS: Stonehenge Made to Glisten

Jacques started to survey the area after seeing aerial photographs of the site in 1999 as a student.

He noticed it contained a natural spring, which would have attracted animals.

“What we found was the nearest secure watering hole for animals and people, a type of all year round fresh water source,” Jacques told the BBC.

ANALYSIS: Understanding Stonehenge: Two Explanations

“My thinking was where you find wild animals, you tend to find people, certainly hunter gatherer groups coming afterwards,” he added.

According to Peter Rowley-Conwy, professor of archaeology at Durham University, the finding is significant.

“The site has the potential to become one of the most important Mesolithic sites in northwestern Europe,” Rowley-Conwy said.

Image: Stonehenge. Credit: Wieschendahl/Wikimedia Commons (See pics at link below)
http://news.discovery.com/history/archaeology/stonehenge-settled-5000-years-earlier-than-thought-13041.htm

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...