Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Miscellaneous threats to survival  (Read 116405 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Miscellaneous threats to survival
« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2019, 04:16:03 PM »
ilinda and R.R. great posts, will come back to, soon...

Temporarily changing the subject back to Pit bull fatal attacks, which I sometimes post here in this Topic. Jimfarmers News post from the other day included a current fatal attack, not sure what breed that was who killed his owner who was probably having a seizure.

Story here goes back awhile, a different story, England in 2016, The Journal. This particular tragedy was caused by a pit bull, who had been raised by the victim since a small pup. Not likely the pit was abused, the victim was a well-liked happy go lucky smiling young man. A different breed might have got help, not killed him when he was at his most vulnerable.  Keep that in mind when having pets who could help you or kill you or your kids during turbulent times. You all know my opinion, this breed should be outlawed.

Young man killed by his own dog as he suffered an epileptic seizure

Trigger was then taken to a local vet to be put down.

https://www.thejournal.ie/man-killed-by-own-dog-2527572-Jan2016/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #391 on: July 30, 2019, 09:56:16 AM »
This video was on CNN. A pit bull attacked a six year old boy, knocking him to the sidewalk outside his home. The pit bit him in a few places including the back of his head which required staples. There was a long driveway between the sidewalk and his front porch, but the surveillance camera on the porch caught the attack.
A 16 year-old neighbor ran to help get the pit bull off the boy. He managed to get the dog off the little boy, then the pit chased the 16 year old, knocking him to the ground and biting his hand. The 16 year old managed to get up and run home. The whole thing caught on the camera. The mother of the 6 year old boy is very grateful, without help the attack might have been fatal, since the boy had bites to the back of his head and was bleeding a lot.
Link to the video:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/24/us/pit-bull-attack-texas-trnd/

A teenager rescued a 6-year-old neighbor from a dog attack, and it was all caught on camera
By Sophie Sherry and Christina Zdanowicz, CNN   Updated 4:48 PM ET, Wed July 24, 2019

Neighbor jumps into action when dog attacks 6-year-old 01:23
(CNN)Grant Brown was heading out for the day on Sunday when he heard screams from down the street. He looked up to see a dog attacking 6-year-old Mason Lindeman, who was been playing outside his Conroe, Texas, home.

The 19-year-old sprang into action, running straight toward the pit bull.
"I was just focused on how I could get the dog away from the kid," Brown said Wednesday.
His heroic actions were all captured on video.
As Brown got closer, the dog jumped off Mason and started chasing him instead. This gave the boy the chance to run to safety.
Jill Lindeman, Mason's mother, said she had stepped inside for a few moments when the attack occurred.
"I opened the door and see my son standing there with blood covering his head, neck and arms," Lindeman said. "I checked him over very quickly and realized it was a cut to the back of his head."
She rushed him to a hospital, where he given four staples in the back of his head.
The dog continued to chase Brown, he said, eventually jumping on top of him, as well. It bit him just before his father arrived and scared the dog away.

Brown now has a 1-inch bite mark and several puncture wounds on his hand.
Brown's mother, Crystal Waddel, saw the whole thing and said she saw pure terror in her son's eyes as he ran from the dog.
"I'm really really proud of him for just taking action to help the young kid," she said Wednesday.
Brown doesn't know Mason personally, and even though he was scared, he knew that he had to help.
As a big brother himself, Brown hopes someone would do the same for his younger siblings.
A neighbor was able to track the dog's owner. Lindeman said they are working with those owners to address the situation.
The dog was taken by animal control, and its owner was cited, according to CNN affiliate KPRC.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #392 on: August 23, 2019, 03:22:36 PM »
Yowbarb Note: One week prior to his daughter being killed by three
pit bulls, the father got in an argument with his neighbor. The argument was about the neighbor's inadequate fencing of the three pit bulls, fencing that did not keep the pits on the property.  The neighbor went to the store and left his three pit bulls in his yard which had a broken fence. Also the garage door was open to the alley, where the little girl was playing. The three pits mauled the girl to death.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/us/dogs-mauling-owner-charged/index.html

The owner of dogs that mauled a 9-year-old girl to death charged with murder
By Theresa Waldrop and Carma Hassan, CNN

Updated 4:29 PM ET, Fri August 23, 2019

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #393 on: August 23, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »
I hate to say it, but maybe this will serve as a stronger warning to pit bull owners to keep their animals under their constant control, or choose a different breed...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #394 on: August 23, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »
Amen.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #395 on: November 17, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »
I hate to say it, but maybe this will serve as a stronger warning to pit bull owners to keep their animals under their constant control, or choose a different breed...

Thanks for your replies on this, RR and ilinda.
Yes, for sure people who have pits need to have foolproof fences. Problem is that often fails. Will tell why later in this post...
I knew nothing about pits until the mid 1980s.
In 1985 I found a beautiful half-grown light colored female dog running loose, I took her in and couldn't find an owner so meanwhile took care of her. We named her "Daisy". I had a small fenced patio with a sliding glass door leading into the master bedroom and sometimes kept her out there with food and water, temps were mild.
One night, a moonlit night, I entered the master bedroom hadn't turned on the light in the room yet. I glanced out at Daisy. I was completely relaxed and not expecting anything. I was astounded to see the expression on her face. She gave me a look and (forgive it, I know it sounds far fetched, read the thought she was sending out.) What I totally "got" from Daisy was, "I like you lady, but if I am in the mood I could rip your throat out."  I thought, whoah!!  As I said, I was not aware of the pit bull breed at that time and had no prior prejudices against Daisy.

Soon after that night, a neighbor across the street, young woman with husband and son, told me, "You have a Pit Bull there."  I said, oh I have not heard of that, didn't know about what kind of dog, and I explained the deal, that she was wandering loose. I told her I would not have her long. The neighbor gal, Kay was emphatic. She told me a story:
One of Kay's closest friends had lived in the same house for many years, I will call her Cindy. Cindy had lived next door to a pit bull. For YEARS. I think there was friendly interaction, and she thought no problem. One day Cindy was catching some sun in her back yard and suddenly the next-door pit jumped a 6 foot fence and attacked her, tearing a piece of muscle off the bone of her leg.
She had to walk with a cane after that.
The story my neighbor Kay told me really surprised me. I was almost 45, had lived in a lot of places, never heard of anything beyond a regular dog bite, requiring a few stitches and maybe rabies shots. In 1985, I had never heard of any crippling dog attacks, let alone fatal ones.

I didn't keep Daisy long, she didn't cause us a problem, as I said not fully grown. I got her a home on a ranch... as I said, had not heard of fatal pit bull attacks,
Years later, at this point, I don't know how people can continue to go out and get pit bulls for their households.
There have been just thousands of fatal attacks by pit bulls, as we all know. Anyone who reads this topic or googles it or pays any attention at all, will know that.
I do understand in their mind, their pet is a safe, loving animal. If you read discussions online and various posts, so many people say, "it's all how you raise the pit."

Have narrowly avoided getting bit by one, walking in a rural neighborhood 1990s,  and personally know someone who killed one with a machete. My friend was a half Cherokee gal partly raised in an orphanage then a a TX farm. Tough. My friend saw a pit bull running after a little 4 yr old boy on a tricycle. the boy was riding fast through alleyways, when he realized the dog was being threatening  he was terrified, riding as fast as he could, My friend spotted this. She had a sharp machete in her truck and took it out. As the pit bull ran past the alleyway entrance, fast on the heels of the boy, she rose the machete and cut the pit in half. The boy was unharmed and went home.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:41:32 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #396 on: November 17, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »
One day in that same area (Vista, CA mid 1980s) I was walking my foundling dog, KIX.
She wasn't even pooping on the grass, nothing, we were walking, minding our own business. (Kix not a pit, she looked part lab, gentle dog.)
Totally calm, walking along then a pit bull busts out a screen door (it must not have been latched all the way and it just pushed it open, ran out the door straight at us. Before I could do anything, in seconds the pit bull tore a deep piece of flesh off the side of my dog, about four inches square. The owner came out to get the dog back in. I got the owners phone number and told him he would be paying the vet bill. Kix had surgery to repair the wound, and thankfully was OK and the pit owner did make good on his promise to pay the bill.
I noticed his reaction he was pretty unemotional about the fact his dog had attacked the other dog like that. Like he kinda knew it could happen and he did not care that much.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #397 on: November 17, 2019, 06:51:42 PM »
About two days ago I accidentally happened on a youtube video, not about dogs or pit bulls, but part of the story went like this:

The guy narrating told about how he had a very friendly and loving pit bull for some years, and he swore it was nothing like the reputation that pit bulls carry.  Well, then they started their family.  One day when their first born was still young, maybe 1 or 2 yrs. old, the pit bull suddenly without warning attacked their little child, daughter I think, and fortunately mom was there and was able to get the daughter to safety.

He continued that although he never dreamed anything like that would happen with such a soft-hearted pit bull, he said it tore him apart to have the dog euthanized, but he knew it had to happen, because sending the dog to another household would/could mean the same thing would happen again.

There is a pit bull on our road who runs free and even comes to our place about 4-5 miles away, and although Pudd'nhead is very friendly, I still don't trust him and wish his owners would keep him home.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #398 on: November 17, 2019, 10:31:43 PM »
About two days ago I accidentally happened on a youtube video, not about dogs or pit bulls, but part of the story went like this:

The guy narrating told about how he had a very friendly and loving pit bull for some years, and he swore it was nothing like the reputation that pit bulls carry.  Well, then they started their family.  One day when their first born was still young, maybe 1 or 2 yrs. old, the pit bull suddenly without warning attacked their little child, daughter I think, and fortunately mom was there and was able to get the daughter to safety.

He continued that although he never dreamed anything like that would happen with such a soft-hearted pit bull, he said it tore him apart to have the dog euthanized, but he knew it had to happen, because sending the dog to another household would/could mean the same thing would happen again.

There is a pit bull on our road who runs free and even comes to our place about 4-5 miles away, and although Pudd'nhead is very friendly, I still don't trust him and wish his owners would keep him home.

ilinda, that is so good that the little baby was saved. Thanks for sharing the story.
There are a lot of people who just don't believe their dog would do such a thing.
Blessings...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #399 on: November 18, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »

In 1985 I found a beautiful half-grown light colored female dog running loose, I took her in and couldn't find an owner so meanwhile took care of her. We named her "Daisy". I had a small fenced patio with a sliding glass door leading into the master bedroom and sometimes kept her out there with food and water, temps were mild.
One night, a moonlit night, I entered the master bedroom hadn't turned on the light in the room yet. I glanced out at Daisy. I was completely relaxed and not expecting anything. I was astounded to see the expression on her face. She gave me a look and (forgive it, I know it sounds far fetched, read the thought she was sending out.) What I totally "got" from Daisy was, "I like you lady, but if I am in the mood I could rip your throat out."  I thought, whoah!!  As I said, I was not aware of the pit bull breed at that time and had no prior prejudices against Daisy.

Fascinating bit of intuition regarding your "knowing" what pit bull was thinking.   It may have saved your life by causing you to get rid of it.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #400 on: November 18, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »

Fascinating bit of intuition regarding your "knowing" what pit bull was thinking.   It may have saved your life by causing you to get rid of it.

That is quite possible... blew my mind at the time since I knew nothing about pits of fatal dog attacks in those days...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW