Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Miscellaneous threats to survival  (Read 126856 times)

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Miscellaneous threats to survival
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2020, 01:10:48 PM »
This is unimaginable!

In my wildest, most paranoid fantasies of governments during the 1960s , I never imagined the current scenarios that are going on, particularly with the EPA, an Agency that is supposed to protect the citizens and the animals  but the head of which (POTUS-appointed Secretary) now is letting asbestos be used again... and that ain't the half of it... 

I think some of these fat cats who make these unbelievable decisions already have their mountain-top bunkers and do not care what will happen to "the little people" and certainly do not care what happens to the animals, in the short-term, they have their survival set up, from skimming off the top and getting rich off of products and oil which are bad for people. Getting kickbacks and bribes and the whole rotten business. .
Same here.  When I first read Silent Spring as a teenager, I was dumbfounded at the amount and degree of toxins that were already widespread.  And of course now it's worse, in spite of Rachel Carson's warnings, which apparently fell/fall upon deaf ears.  Nobody in power seems to care enough to act, and if they do, the next administration will promptly undo the good work.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:09:58 AM by Socrates »

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #421 on: February 14, 2020, 05:07:16 PM »
This is unimaginable!

In my wildest, most paranoid fantasies of governments during the 1960s , I never imagined the current scenarios that are going on, particularly with the EPA, an Agency that is supposed to protect the citizens and the animals  but the head of which (POTUS-appointed Secretary) now is letting asbestos be used again... and that ain't that half of it... 

I think some of these fat cats who make these unbelievable decisions already have their mountain-top bunkers and do not care what will happen to "the little people" and certainly do not care what happens to the animals, in the short-term, they have their survival set up, from skimming off the top and getting rich off of products and oil which are bad for people. Getting kickbacks and bribes and the whole rotten business. I  (do not) feel "Government is bad." "Government" is made up of individuals. But the fat cats and corrupt cronies have won the day, so far..
The  U.S. President, currently Trump, appoints an EPA head who shares his views on things environmental, so it is obvious how Trump feels about neonics poisoning honeybees, and on bringing back asbestos into our lives, etc.  The list of toxics which are being brought back into our lives is seemingly endless.  So it is totally up to individuals to not use those poisons.  If we could mentally band together, we would be able to create zero need for the toxins.  I guess that is what an ascended populace could/would do.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:11:34 AM by Socrates »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #422 on: February 14, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »
ilinda, you are right, a lot of it is up to us, the people...
Some of these guys may not even fully realizing the harm they are doing, since they do not dwell in  some exalted high awareness... They are powerful but it is an animal energy and a lack of awareness on their part... Sorta like a big bear, he wouldn't care if he knocked over all the bee hives, he justs wants the honey... The swarm of african bees that enter an area, they care not if they destroy the local eco-structure and the nests...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #423 on: March 07, 2020, 10:37:03 AM »
Well, surely we have a police brutality or fascism Topic somewhere.
For now, quickly posting this here.
Sorry just realized this is two years old but postintg it anyway. I haven't found any follow up articles on whether any police wre fired or charged for what they did. The young woman was beaten up and arrested. Police brutality is surely a miscellaneous threat to survival!! As time goes by, may be even more necessary to follow the letter of the law and avoid police confrontations. There are some awesome cops who are really ther to help, but as with any helping profession, a small percentage ARE ONLY THERE TO INFLICT HARM. SADISTS. MISOGYNISTS, MISANTHROPES.
Saw a petition in my emails and news feeds, signs, also it was on CNN and other news outlets. In this incident, a woman about twenty years old was sitting on a beach on Memorial Day weekend, with her parents and her toddler daughter and others, sipping a beer. The cops beat her up. She said when the cops approached she became frightened and did not given them her name, she tripped and fell her head ended up being shoved into the sand, she temporarily blacked out, she feared for her life they kept hitting her, she kept trying to get up and they kept shouting for her to stop resisting arrest. ""You had a situation which was really a non-event," said Stephen Dicht, Weinman's attorney. "She passed a Breathalyzer, she wasn't drinking, and you know, they just wouldn't let it go. ... They are trained to defuse situations, not make them worse."

https://www.cnn.com/.../new-jersey-beach-arrest/index.html

Police officer punches woman in New Jersey beach arrest video[
By Evan Simko-Bednarski, Hollie Silverman and Ellie Kaufman, CNN

Updated 11:06 PM ET, Wed May 30, 2018
Video shows violent arrest of woman at beach
(CNN)A Pennsylvania woman's visit to the New Jersey Shore on Memorial Day weekend ended in handcuffs after an encounter with police turned violent.

A video posted to social media Saturday -- and since viewed more than 3.6 million times -- shows three Wildwood police officers on the beach, attempting to detain a woman later identified in a police statement as Emily Weinman, 20, of Philadelphia.
As the video begins, Weinman is on the ground, with one officer on top of her. She kicks at another, knocking aside a beach chair. The first officer then proceeds to hit her in the head twice with his fist, before grabbing her by the shoulders and pinning her to the ground.
As the second officer holds her legs steady, a third approaches to control the gathering crowd. The first two officers then attempt to handcuff Weinman.
A child can be heard crying in the background. Someone is heard repeatedly saying, "Stop resisting."
"You're not allowed to hit me and choke me like that," Weinman shouts. "I didn't do anything wrong."
The video shows the altercation already underway, with no indication of how it began. It ends before police have clearly detained Weinman. New body camera footage released Wednesday by the Wildwood Police Department shows what happened before Weinman's arrest.
Body camera footage released
Police released three body camera footage videos of the incident. The department said in a news release that the incident is "still under investigation," but it wanted to release the footage to ensure "transparency with the public."
The first two videos show the interaction between Weinman and the officers before her arrest. In the first video, the officer asks Weinman who the unopened containers of alcohol belong to. Weinman responds, "They're my aunt's," and says that her aunt, who is not visible in the video, is on her way back. The officer then makes Weinman and her friend take a Breathalyzer test. After the test, Weinman walks away on the phone, and the officer says, "Go grab her real quick, and we're gonna have them pour that all out."
Weinman argues with the officers in the second video, saying she is allowed to carry alcohol, and it is not illegal because the containers are not open. The conversation gets heated. Weinman repeatedly refuses to give the officer her last name, and the officer says, "OK, that's it, I'm done with you," and moves toward her. Weinman walks away yelling, "Don't f***ing touch me." With two hands facing forward toward the officer, she shoves him before the second video ends abruptly.
The third video shows the altercation as the officer attempts to put handcuffs on Weinman. This footage is similar to the initial video shared on social media.
An internal investigation has been launched into the officers' conduct, according to a statement issued Sunday by the Wildwood Police Department. In the meantime, the officers involved in the incident have been reassigned to administrative duty.
"It's unfortunate all the way around," said Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano Jr. "They [police officers] were on the beach most of the day writing tickets to underage drinkers with no problems. ... She escalated it to where it went."
Weinman charged
Weinman was charged with two counts of aggravated assault on a police officer, aggravated assault by spitting at a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, obstruction and with being a minor in possession of alcohol, according to a statement from the Wildwood Police Department.
"You had a situation which was really a non-event," said Stephen Dicht, Weinman's attorney. "She passed a Breathalyzer, she wasn't drinking, and you know, they just wouldn't let it go. ... They are trained to defuse situations, not make them worse."
Weinman could not immediately be reached for comment.
In a Facebook post written over the weekend, and since taken down, Weinman said she had unopened alcohol with her when she was stopped by police while visiting the beach with her daughter, her daughter's father, and a friend. Weinman said she passed the Breathalyzer test police administered after asking for her age.
According to the post, an officer followed her after the encounter. "I asked them don't they have something better to do as cops than to stop people for underage drinking on the beach," she wrote. "The cop said, 'I was gonna let you go but now I'll write you up.' "
The officer asked Weinman for her name, which she refused to give, according to the post. She said the officer then informed her he was arresting her. "I tripped and fell and the cop tackled me to the ground and smashed my head into the sand," she wrote. "At that point I blacked out and fought any way possible trying to get up and push him off me."
"Yes, I know I should've gave him my name," she continued. "I was partly wrong in a way but I was scared."

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #424 on: March 07, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
Barb, PS: If you are a woman commuting or traveling alone, watch it. If police stop you, even if it is not for a valid reason, please cooperate and try your best to get out of that situation. I have seen videos of poicemen roughing up single, middle-aged or older white women, dragging them out of the car, police videos, over the past few years.

There have been a string of deaths of African American women who were detained. Southern states. Shoved on ground when detained, roughed up. No shower given, not adequate care, details verified by coroner. Not given medicine like insulin. Found dead, claims of suicide by police. These are often working women with kids at home not likely they would commit suicide.
If you are a female of a minority race by yourself, really be careful. I noticed with a couple of the arrests where the woman died the police picked an isolated spot to arrest them. Some of these cops are MONSTERS, so avoid them.

A person who is stopped by police can NOT mouth off or show contempt or be snippety or uppity to a policeman. It could cost one's life. 
I suspect rape can sometimes be involved, after which crime against the female arresstee, the police claim the woman "committed suicide." They could also kill a woman prisoner by not giving her diabetes medicine and claiming suicide. In the case of Sandra Bland, African American woman, the cause of death was ruled as asphyxiation and the police stated she hung herself. Well, may be true, I feel that is not true.
- Yowbarb  just a couple images below and, excerpts from an article, Death of Sandra Bland  In the photo of Sandra Bland she looks like she had been traumatized, brutalized. I doubt if she looked that bad when they stopped her, she was on her way to a new job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Sandra_Bland#Sandra_Bland_Act

Traffic stop
(Texas State Trooper) Encinia had a history of performing pretextual traffic stops, having issued 1,600 mostly minor tickets in less than 12 months, using the pretext of little-enforced minor infractions to then perform random searches in the hope of finding something criminal. He followed Bland on the afternoon of July 10, 2015, on University Drive in Prairie View, Texas, accelerating fast on her rear, closing in so near to her that she changed lanes to give him the right of way, believing he was headed to an emergency call – at which point he performed the stop for failure to signal a lane change, though he could have still stopped her if she did signal, under a different section of the Texas Transportation Code requiring a continuous lane change signal for a minimum of 100 feet (30 m). In a series of events recorded by his dashcam, along with a bystander and Bland herself, Encinia spoke to Bland, the interaction became heated, and he pulled her from her car. After they moved out of frame, he forced her on the ground, and later arrested her.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:18:51 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #425 on: March 07, 2020, 11:15:06 AM »
PS Sandra Bland was on her way to a new life and a new job when this state trooper arrested her. If you read my previous post, and the record of how he pursued her, zooming up behind her and those circumstances, you can see how non-standard and (crazy) his traffic stop on her was. That is how it all started.
But if something like that happenes to you, please realize:
YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER IF THE COP IS ACTING LIKE THAT. Please do not mouth off, just cooperate and call a lawyer asap.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:49:00 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #426 on: March 07, 2020, 05:40:33 PM »
Words to live by:

"You must always defer meekly to the police. Even when they're acting like bullies, goading you or issuing you preposterous orders ..... don't challenge their authority. ... Comply. And if you feel your rights are being violated, take it up later with a judge."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Sandra_Bland#Wrongful_death_lawsuit

Eric Zorn, writing for the Chicago Tribune, criticized Encinia for his handling of the traffic stop, calling him a "petty tyrant" and referring to his "Are you done?" as "snippy condescension familiar to anyone experienced in the bickering arts". However, he also said Bland was unnecessarily argumentative, writing: "You must always defer meekly to the police. Even when they're acting like bullies, goading you or issuing you preposterous orders like to put out your cigarette as you sit in your own car, don't challenge their authority. ... Comply. And if you feel your rights are being violated, take it up later with a judge."

Official response and investigation
The FBI and DPS announced on July 16 that they had launched an investigation into Bland's death. Encinia was placed on administrative duties for violating procedures for traffic stops, and was terminated by DPS following his indictment on perjury charges.

Waller County Sheriff R. Glenn Smith, who runs the jail in which Bland died, has been placed in charge of Waller County's investigation into her death Smith was suspended and fired from his previous post as chief of police of Hempstead after alleged incidents of racism and brutality.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #427 on: March 07, 2020, 07:21:56 PM »
PS Sandra Bland was on her way to a new job when this state trooper arrested her. If you read my previous post, and the record of how he pursued her, zooming up behind her and those circumstances, you can see how non-standard and (crazy) his traffic stop on her was. That is how it all started.
But if something like that happenes to you, please realize:
YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER IF THE COP IS ACTING LIKE THAT. Please do not mouth off, just cooperate and call a lawyer asap.
I had a bizarre encounter with a cop back in 1991, and I too was afraid.  It is a long story, but will try to abbreviate it.  I was apartment-sitting in St. Louis for a friend for two weeks, and on the way back to her apt. one day, I noticed a car who appeared to be following me and which appeared to be a police car.

Long story short, when I parked and got out, I still saw the guy in the car and he was approaching fast, so I quickly was able to get inside the building, and up to her apartment, and he immediately followed me, but couldn't get in the entry foyer with its security lock, so he called me on the "air-phone" (one for each apt.), and demanded I come outside because he claimed I had "hit his car"!

I called my lawyer, and my husband, and my lawyer said to go out and talk to him so I did.  I noticed he stood too close for comfort and could sense he was looking for more than writing tickets.  I asked him to show where I supposedly "hit his car".  He pointed to a rusted out dent that appeared to be years old!  I even told him it looked really old and I didn't hit his car and that "dent" has been there for years.  He said I had to get in his car and go to the station with him, so I could "file the report about my accident!!!!"

I said I'd follow him, but wouldn't go with him, and told him that I've already talked to my lawyer and husband and that I refuse to file a false police report because as far as I know that's a crime.  After a few moments I said I'm going inside and talk to my lawyer again and he knew that he was caught so he left.

I don't know how this would have played out if it happened today, but the moment he showed me that rusted out dent in his car, I figured he had tried this tactic with many other women.

Then about 5-10 years later and 100 miles away, here at home, I was talking to a retired St. Louis cop and told him of the incident, including the cop's name, which I still remember, and this retiried cop and his wife, also retired from St. Louis Police Department, both said that guy has had some shady experiences and my story fits right in with his style of operation.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #428 on: March 07, 2020, 10:43:27 PM »
ilinda - wow, I am so glad you kept your cool and managed to use evasive maneuvers and keep away from this guy. I think the words "lawyer" and "husband" might have discouraged him...

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #429 on: March 08, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »
Ilinda, I was also tailed at 20 miles per hour through farmland by someone in an older police cruiser likely impersonating an officer, as he was following way too closely to have been practicing safe driving.  Fortunately my adult sons were in the car with me, so there were witnesses.  I handled it by just driving maddeningly slowly, so that he was bored to death and sped around me, and then turned off that road onto an obscure country road where only a few people live.  The fact that he headed that way strongly suggests that he wasn't even from our area, i.e. no jurisdiction here.

The officer that you spoke with later IMHO should have expressed greater concern and regret about what happened to you.  You also deserved a complete description of what that police department was doing to weed such persons out.  Am guessing your husband and attorney both would feel the same way...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #430 on: March 08, 2020, 05:40:09 PM »
Ilinda, I was also tailed at 20 miles per hour through farmland by someone in an older police cruiser likely impersonating an officer, as he was following way too closely to have been practicing safe driving.  Fortunately my adult sons were in the car with me, so there were witnesses.  I handled it by just driving maddeningly slowly, so that he was bored to death and sped around me, and then turned off that road onto an obscure country road where only a few people live.  The fact that he headed that way strongly suggests that he wasn't even from our area, i.e. no jurisdiction here.

The officer that you spoke with later IMHO should have expressed greater concern and regret about what happened to you.  You also deserved a complete description of what that police department was doing to weed such persons out.  Am guessing your husband and attorney both would feel the same way...
Aren't you glad your sons were with you that night?

I think the reason I didn't follow up with the SLPD is because I had just a few weeks earlier resolved a four-year-long court battle, including a month-long trial, after a large corporation sued me for $1 million for libel, which they eventually lost. 

But long story short, I was drained from years in the legal system and thought of what all would be involved in reporting the errant cop.  I'm sure I should have reported him, and if it were today, I would easily take a pic of the old and rusted out spot on his car, and quickly write up the incident.

I think the reason I was so cocky with that cop is that after being hounded and harrassed for so long by the companies who sued me, (knowing I was in the right), I "wasn't gonna take crap off of anyone else!".   But still I should have reported him.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2020, 07:21:57 PM »

RR I hear you, wow it is chilling to think this could be a fairly widespread thing...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #432 on: March 08, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »

Aren't you glad your sons were with you that night?

I think the reason I didn't follow up with the SLPD is because I had just a few weeks earlier resolved a four-year-long court battle, including a month-long trial, after a large corporation sued me for $1 million for libel, which they eventually lost. 

But long story short, I was drained from years in the legal system and thought of what all would be involved in reporting the errant cop.  I'm sure I should have reported him, and if it were today, I would easily take a pic of the old and rusted out spot on his car, and quickly write up the incident.

I think the reason I was so cocky with that cop is that after being hounded and harrassed for so long by the companies who sued me, (knowing I was in the right), I "wasn't gonna take crap off of anyone else!".   But still I should have reported him.
ilinda, I can understand why you did not report the cop at that time. Wow what timing!

I never reported the terrifying incident which happened to my college boyfriend and I in the west Los Angeles area on our way to UCLA..

Back in 1964 or so, and busy with college we barely knew anything about how to report something... Will re-post that one one of these days...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #433 on: March 08, 2020, 07:27:01 PM »
We were definitely harrassed by police and not backed up by the judicial system in those days. I look back and realize it now. Not so many incidents but enough to put us on a bummer and the fees and fines not so easy to deal with

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW