Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 63494 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #285 on: January 11, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »
In all fairness, I should post the article that mentions Missouri having won the "honor" of being placed on the list of "The Ten Places NOT to Visit in the World".
Unfortunately the article is accurate, so I feel it should be posted since I've earlier posted "land for sale" ads.

http://www.kmov.com/story/37214715/missouri-named-in-top-10-places-not-to-visit-in-the-world

Missouri Named in Top 10 Places in the World Not to Visit

Posted: Jan 08, 2018 8:24 AM CST
Updated: Jan 08, 2018 8:25 AM CST
By Emily Van de Riet

Downtown St. Louis seen from Skyzoom4 (Credit: Zach Dalin, KMOV)
Downtown St. Louis seen from Skyzoom4 (Credit: Zach Dalin, KMOV)
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV.com) -

The state of Missouri was named one of the top 10 places not to visit in 2018 by the travel website Fodors.

Missouri is the only destination on the list that is within the United States.

The travel site points out that while Missouri is "full of wonders" such as limestone caverns and the Budweiser Clydesdales, the reasons not to visit the state outweigh the benefits.

So, how did Missouri make its way onto the list? Discrimination and crime are the top reasons, including an advisory from the NAACP to not visit Missouri.

"Unfortunately, Missouri is also the place where SB 43 was passed making it more difficult to sue employers for discrimination, a state representative argued that homosexuals weren’t human beings, a tourist who got lost and ran out of gas was later found murdered in his jail cell without ever being put under arrest, and two men were hunted down and shot on suspicion of being Muslim on the outskirts of Kansas City. And that’s just in 2017," the article states.

The article also cites the NAACP, telling visitors there is "looming danger" when visiting the state.

Nimrod Chapel, Jr., the head of the Missouri chapter of the NAACP, told Fodor's Missouri has a standard of laws that are "only applicable to some people," and cites discrimination against people of color, women, the disabled and more.

Among the other "no-go" destinations on the list are The Galapagos, Honduras, Cuba, Myanmar and more.

To see the full Fodor's No List 2018, click here.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »
the list of "The Ten Places NOT to Visit in the World".

:D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2018, 06:26:15 PM »
https://ballotpedia.org/Fracking_in_Missouri
Also we know someone who has an interest in some small coal mining operation down in the bootheel (far southeast).

Fortunately Missouri's geology isn't as good for fossil fuels as it is for heavy metal mining.

Well, glad it is not ideal for fossil fuel and all that brings with it.  :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2018, 05:02:13 PM »
https://ballotpedia.org/Fracking_in_Missouri
Also we know someone who has an interest in some small coal mining operation down in the bootheel (far southeast).

Fortunately Missouri's geology isn't as good for fossil fuels as it is for heavy metal mining.

Well, glad it is not ideal for fossil fuel and all that brings with it.  :)
Yes, it's great for those who already live here, well the fossil fuel part.

Missouri has (or recently had, possibly still) another distinction!  Missouri was listed as the Meth Capitol of the United States, (maybe the world) a couple of years ago because of two things:  1) lots of wooded, hilly,  and isolated terrain that is often not visible from any road, paved or dirt; and 2) Interstates I-44, I-70 and I-55 intersect in MO and bring I-55 north-south comings and goings into contact with I-44 and I-70 movements, basically connecting both coasts, as well as connecting north and south borders.

Meth is a huge cash crop in MO.  There have been several meth labs right on our road, one of which caused the owner to burn down his house.  Accident of course.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »

Missouri has (or recently had, possibly still) another distinction!  Missouri was listed as the Meth Capitol of the United States, (maybe the world) a couple of years ago because of two things:  1) lots of wooded, hilly,  and isolated terrain that is often not visible from any road, paved or dirt; and 2) Interstates I-44, I-70 and I-55 intersect in MO and bring I-55 north-south comings and goings into contact with I-44 and I-70 movements, basically connecting both coasts, as well as connecting north and south borders.

Meth is a huge cash crop in MO.  There have been several meth labs right on our road, one of which caused the owner to burn down his house.  Accident of course.

ilinda, thanks for sharing that info. That's good to know.
Well, the same geographic features which make it easier for meth producers to hide from authorites, would make it easier for survivalists to do their thing and prepare, and build without interference. :)

This image is near Weston MO
[ http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/missouri/the-small-town-in-mo-thats-one-of-the-coolest-in-the-u-s/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #290 on: February 08, 2018, 12:02:37 PM »
I was just taking a look at the possibility of Weston Missouri as a survival location, but it is close to the Missouri River and is at an elevation of only 797 ft (243 m)
I don't know much about the geography, perhaps there are hilly areas near Weston that would provide some safety from flooding.
http://www.netstate.com/states/geography/mapcom/mo_mapscom.htm

This elevation map of Missouri illustrates the number of feet or meters the state rises above sea level. As you can see, most of Missouri resides at, or more than 500 feet above, sea level. The lower parts of the state, 500 feet and less above sea level, are found along the Mississippi, the Missouri, and the St. Francis Rivers.
The lowest point in Missouri is 230 above sea level at the St. Francis River (Dunklin County), a tributary of the Mississippi River in the southeastern part of the state. It forms the western border of the boot hill that projects into Arkansas.

The highest point in the state is Taum Sauk Mountain, which rises 1,772 feet above sea level in the St. Francois Mountains of southeast Missouri. It's located in Iron County, about 110 miles south of St. Louis. The 7,500-acre state park, Taum Sauk Mountain State Park surrounds Taum Sauk Mountain.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:19:06 PM by Yowbarb »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #291 on: February 08, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »

ilinda, thanks for sharing that info. That's good to know.
Well, the same geographic features which make it easier for meth producers to hide from authorites, would make it easier for survivalists to do their thing and prepare, and build without interference. :)

This image is near Weston MO
[ http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/missouri/the-small-town-in-mo-thats-one-of-the-coolest-in-the-u-s/

You're absolutely right and that is why many folks are moving here from other states--it's still not highly populated.  That little town of Weston sounds totally charming!  I've never spent much time near Kansas City and know very little about that part of the state.  Thanks for sharing the link as the area looks quite appealing.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2018, 08:48:16 PM »
Yes it really does look appealing...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2018, 09:01:47 PM »
Wichita Mountains of southwestern Oklahoma a possibility, I wonder?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #294 on: February 14, 2018, 04:34:05 AM »
This is making me homesick... :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:38:38 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #296 on: February 14, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »
Yowbarb Note: The house on this 47 acre property "sleeps 265," would be room for a lot more. Ten RV hookups, above a lake...There would be some room for more domes, underground storages, crops, animals. $325,000. It might probably be possible for a group of adults to purchase this, with a few grand apiece. And bring along a lot of teens and kids, who might make up about 2/3 of the group. Work woul neee to be done on place, suplies brought in, yet it would not take much for a large group to put their resources together and make an agreement and purchase this place...Just sharing ideas...of what could be done.
More pics and info, at this link:

http://homeslandcountrypropertyforsale.com/mountain-properties/properties/mountain-retreat-recreational-ranch-or-camp-nashobaok/

Mountain Retreat Recreational Ranch Or Camp Nashoba, OK

Mountain Properties - Active P.o. Box 80, Nashoba, Pushmataha County, OK

REDUCED PRICE FOR QUICK SALE A MUST SEE THIS RECREATIONAL RANCH LOCATED IN BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHEASTERN, OK. JUST OFF HWY 144 IN NASHOBA WITH BLACK FORK CREEK RUNNING THRU.THIS MOUNTAIN RETREAT COULD BE USED FOR ANY GROUP WITH A VISION, HAS 47 ACRES WITH LARGE PINES & HARD WOODS WITH GREAT VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS IN A SECLUDED SETTING.GIVE US A CALL FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION!! THANKS MARK GEE CELL 918-448-3148 OR OFFICE 918-569-4757

PROPERTY FEATURES:
BED AND BREAKFAST FOR SALE
47 Acres &lodge 3400 S.q./f.t.
10 Full R. V. Hookup’s
Commercial Kitchen&dining 250
LODGE GROUP RETREAT PROPERTY
3 Metal 30’x40’dorms Sleep 265
INVESTMENT PROPERTY FOR SALE
Give Use A Call 918-569-4757

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #297 on: February 14, 2018, 03:42:30 PM »
PS the previous ad and ideas I posted about the former Babtist youth camp, Camp Jon David - well it was hit by a tornado in 2015 and they could not afford to fix it back up again...So, not all the buildings would be in working order. Even so, it seems a lot of property and a lot of potential for that amount of money. $325,000, priced for quick sale.

I happned to see a GoFundMe page for this camp: https://www.gofundme.com/vjan5w5w

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »
I don't have much of an idea on the validity of this map, which has been circulating in the PX and survival communities for years.
It is part of my frame of reference, and I cannot help but refer to it. The black areas are the ones which will suposedly NOT BE SUBMERGED after a pole shift.

I did notice that most of the state of Oklahoma and most of Kansas are in the not-submerged zone.
The eastern half of Nebraska is in the non-submerged zone.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:59:31 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
US Map of states

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!