Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 65460 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2018, 04:39:41 PM »
I don't have much of an idea on the validity of this map, which has been circulating in the PX and survival communities for years.
It is part of my frame of reference, and I cannot help but refer to it. The black areas are the ones which will suposedly NOT BE SUBMERGED after a pole shift.

I did notice that most of the state of Oklahoma and most of Kansas are in the not-submerged zone.
The eastern half of Nebraska is in the non-submerged zone.
Not sure how exact it is, but much of the "possibly/probably submerged" area in the centrally-north-south swath encompasses the Mississippi River basin, and the New Madrid Fault runs up the Miss. River. from Missouri's "bootheel" upward, so that entire north-south swath, IMHO, would/could definitely be in a danger zone.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2018, 04:50:04 PM »
PS the previous ad and ideas I posted about the former Babtist youth camp, Camp Jon David - well it was hit by a tornado in 2015 and they could not afford to fix it back up again...So, not all the buildings would be in working order. Even so, it seems a lot of property and a lot of potential for that amount of money. $325,000, priced for quick sale.

I happned to see a GoFundMe page for this camp: https://www.gofundme.com/vjan5w5w
Sometimes, even when a price is drastically reduced and nobody bids on it, and you've already looked at it, the realtor may contact you and ask you to make an offer.  Once in a great while someone will luck out and if you can detect that they are desparate for a sale, they may take a truly low-ball offer. 

Friends of ours did that one time, mainly because they loved the 56 acres on the Black River, but the problem was there is no bridge across the river to access the property.  So the realtor told them to just go ahead and make an offer, so they made a ridiculously low offer and were totally shocked when it was accepted.

Thinking about that storm damage to the OK property, one never knows how badly they want to sell.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »
PS the previous ad and ideas I posted about the former Babtist youth camp, Camp Jon David - well it was hit by a tornado in 2015 and they could not afford to fix it back up again...So, not all the buildings would be in working order. Even so, it seems a lot of property and a lot of potential for that amount of money. $325,000, priced for quick sale.

I happned to see a GoFundMe page for this camp: https://www.gofundme.com/vjan5w5w
Sometimes, even when a price is drastically reduced and nobody bids on it, and you've already looked at it, the realtor may contact you and ask you to make an offer.  Once in a great while someone will luck out and if you can detect that they are desparate for a sale, they may take a truly low-ball offer. 

Friends of ours did that one time, mainly because they loved the 56 acres on the Black River, but the problem was there is no bridge across the river to access the property.  So the realtor told them to just go ahead and make an offer, so they made a ridiculously low offer and were totally shocked when it was accepted.

Thinking about that storm damage to the OK property, one never knows how badly they want to sell.
ilinda, after I had already put up a couple posts about that place, then I happened to see the GoFundMe page which was up when they were trying to salvage the place. It is possible they are still trying. It was then I found out about the tornado.
It is sad, actually.
I had a thought about this, after the fact. In that region, everyone and his brother would know about the kids' camp which got stuck by a tornado. Everyone. So, a large group of people moving in would just naturally draw a lot of attention and curiosity. Not the best scenario for a survival group, to start out so famous.
I'd rather get a good deal similar but more isolated and perhaps one which was not so well known...
ilinda, I hear what you're saying, thanks for that story about your friend. Looks like it really is possible to get a great deal, when people are desperate enough to sell...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2018, 06:06:22 PM »

ilinda, after I had already put up a couple posts about that place, then I happened to see the GoFundMe page which was up when they were trying to salvage the place. It is possible they are still trying. It was then I found out about the tornado.
It is sad, actually.
I had a thought about this, after the fact. In that region, everyone and his brother would know about the kids' camp which got stuck by a tornado. Everyone. So, a large group of people moving in would just naturally draw a lot of attention and curiosity. Not the best scenario for a survival group, to start out so famous.
I'd rather get a good deal similar but more isolated and perhaps one which was not so well known...
ilinda, I hear what you're saying, thanks for that story about your friend. Looks like it really is possible to get a great deal, when people are desperate enough to sell...
Excellent logic.  I wasn't even thinking in that vein, but I see exactly what you mean--if TSHTF, everybody and his brother in that area will be visiting the new neighbors, who probably won't want visitors at that point.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2018, 09:54:46 PM »
True, ilinda...thanks for the input...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »
Yowbarb Note:
Here are a couple TN maps, New Madrid seismic zone and the counties map. Karst topography.
There seems to be a plentitude of acreage available in TN.
When finding deals, check to see the location and distance from the New Madrid...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2018, 11:42:49 PM »
Yowbarb Note: "Unrestricted land"

https://www.landwatch.com/Sevier-County-Tennessee-Land-for-sale/pid/327083409

Sevierville, Sevier County, Eastern, TN Land For Sale - 20 Acres

Property type:      Land
Parcel Size:          20 Acres
Price:                  $99,900
MLS or other ID:  211808

What a deal! Over 20 acres of unrestricted land perfect for your private estate or homestead. This beautiful land has 5 +/- acres of cleared level to rolling land with year round creek and 15+/- wooded acreage that rises to the top of the ridge. There is an abundance of hardwood, wildlife and even a seasonal waterfall. Over 1100 ft of road frontage. Have all the seclusion and privacy that you could ever want and yet be only 20 minutes from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg with all it has to offer. No steep driving to access this property and the roads are very well maintained. Additional acreage available. *May consider exchange.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2018, 01:19:13 AM »
https://www.landwatch.com/Athens-County-Ohio-Land-for-sale/pid/25073752
Athens, Athens County, Southeast, OH Land For Sale - 33.33 Acres

33.33 Acres in Athens City, close to all conveniences, all utilities, and absolute nature lovers utopia. Tree'd, paths, habitat for birds, wildlife, & butterflies. You can own your own park! $ 215,000.00

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
Some unrestricted land ads:

https://www.countryplacesinc.com/index.php/Property-Types/suitable-for-campers-unrestricted.html
Wow, some of those really sound worth visiting, assuming you're still looking at TN as a possible loc.  Several appear to be on creeks or rivers, one has two waterfalls, and much more.  Keep us posted if you see any of these.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #310 on: April 08, 2018, 01:25:51 PM »

https://www.countryplacesinc.com/index.php/Property-Types/suitable-for-campers-unrestricted.html
Wow, some of those really sound worth visiting, assuming you're still looking at TN as a possible loc.  Several appear to be on creeks or rivers, one has two waterfalls, and much more.  Keep us posted if you see any of these.

Hi ilinda, I will look into those more... I am interested in TN as long as not too near the New Madrid Seismic Zone...
Karst may be a problem there I think.
Re parcels being on a river, I would never encourage that... Having a fairly large parcel with a creek or two flowing through it, not bad... Any parcel or building site near a river needs to be 60 feet higher than the river banks, per the zetas. I still have them as one point of reference... as far as an abundance of water, waterfalls, may be OK if land area big enough and the re are flat building sites  on top of a plateau area...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #311 on: April 08, 2018, 05:23:01 PM »

Hi ilinda, I will look into those more... I am interested in TN as long as not too near the New Madrid Seismic Zone...
Re parcels being on a river, I would never encourage that... Having a fairly large parcel with a creek or two flowing through it, not bad... Any parcel or building site near a river needs to be 60 feet higher than the river banks, per the zetas. I still have them as one point of reference... as far as an abundance of water, waterfalls, may be OK if land area big enough and the re are flat building sites  on top of a plateau area...
Yes, the only appeal of rivers or creeks would be if the ground is rolling or hilly, with homesides up high and dry,  and yes, building in bottomland is especially a bad idea.  We often see warnings that one must be at 700' or greater in elevation, but I feel over 800 is way better.   

Karst is definitely something to think about, as it is fairly widespread through much of the Ozarks.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2018, 07:20:06 PM »

Yes, the only appeal of rivers or creeks would be if the ground is rolling or hilly, with homesides up high and dry,  and yes, building in bottomland is especially a bad idea.  We often see warnings that one must be at 700' or greater in elevation, but I feel over 800 is way better.   

Karst is definitely something to think about, as it is fairly widespread through much of the Ozarks.

I agree, 800 is far better...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »
Here's another site with recreational property... I'm not sure yet if there are restrictions... This ad, east central KENTUCKY. There will be karst in some areas, not in others. Map link:[/navy]

https://water.usgs.gov/ogw/karst/kig2002/jbe_map.html
...AD:

https://www.whitetailproperties.com/hunting-land/kentucky/powell/backwoods-recreational-property-in-east-central-kentucky2

Backwoods Recreational Property In East Central Kentucky

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »
Here's another site with recreational property... I'm not sure yet if there are restrictions... This ad, east central KENTUCKY. There will be karst in some areas, not in others. Map link:[/navy]

https://water.usgs.gov/ogw/karst/kig2002/jbe_map.html
...AD:

https://www.whitetailproperties.com/hunting-land/kentucky/powell/backwoods-recreational-property-in-east-central-kentucky2

Backwoods Recreational Property In East Central Kentucky
Those rock outcroppings are beautiful, eh?  That one looks very interesting and the price probably can't be beat.  Check mineral rights, as that is a very big thing these days with the frackers wanting to frack this entire planet to death.  Nowadays getting all mineral rights would be a top priority for many.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!