Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Survival gear - add your ideas  (Read 6620 times)

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Survival gear - add your ideas
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »
I'm looking at solar ovens right now.  How cool it would be to be able to still cook, even without a fire!

Aldwyn

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 05:49:20 AM »
I found a neat little solar charger that charges AA batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-19010-Silver-Adventure/dp/B005XVBIL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334666732&sr=8-1

It can also charge USB devices.  I am outfitting my supplies using mostly AA devices so I can always have the use of them.  Also I have a few adapters that fit on AA batteries so they will work with other sizes like D-cell and C-cell.  It is pricey but worth a look. 
Endure... Honor requires nothing less.

Sunnybug

• Celeste of Phoenix
  • Members
  • Prolific Member
    • n/a
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 05:59:15 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-19010-Silver-Adventure/dp/B005XVBIL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334666732&sr=8-1

It can also charge USB devices.  I am outfitting my supplies using mostly AA devices so I can always have the use of them.  Also I have a few adapters that fit on AA batteries so they will work with other sizes like D-cell and C-cell.  It is pricey but worth a look. 

Aldwyn - welcome to townhall
Looks like a great portable solar charger - Thank you for posting the link!
Sunny
Never Give UP! EVER

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 07:17:12 AM »

That is nice. I have a solar kit, but it's not portable. This would be great for many things. During end times you could carry this with you on scouting runs, and not have to worry about your essential items dying on you. Items such as walkie talkies would greatly benefit from something like this. Nice find!
Stay informed, information is our first line of defense!
-Will

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 07:54:05 AM »

Aldwin, welcome to the Town Hall!
Thanks for your post and the idea. A solar battery charger! Methinks I will add this to the over-all Survival List. (One of the Topics here.)
Keep On Keepin' On,
Yowbarb

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 02:45:15 PM »
Aldwyn that does look like a nice compact unit.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 10:57:26 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/

US Military 4-PC Weather Resistant Modular Sleep System with Waterproof Gore-Tex Cover

Price:   $249.95 + $10.11 shipping
Pay $41.65/month for 6 months with Equal Pay Financing on your Amazon Prime Store Card
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
Only 2 left in stock - order soon.
Get it as soon as Thursday, Jan. 4 when you choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.
Ships from and sold by MARSALES.
The system consists of two Mummy-style sleeping bags (Warm & Cold weather), a Water-proof Bivy, and a Compression Sack - 4 Piece System
Will go down to extreme temperature of -30°
Used in environments ranging from mild to extremely cold weather
Flame retardant, and machine washable.
Genuine U.S. Army Modular Sleeping System NEW in Sealed Package

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2017, 11:06:01 PM »
Video:  Backpacking Tips: using a compression sack   4:12    50,562 views

https://youtu.be/oAivL0K8FqI

elkmtngear  Published on Sep 7, 2011
SUBSCRIBED 113
A good demo showing the benefits of using a compression sack, to optimize your load when backpacking

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

US Military 4-PC Weather Resistant Modular Sleep System with Waterproof Gore-Tex Cover

Pay $41.65/month for 6 months with Equal Pay Financing on your Amazon Prime Store Card
Get it as soon as Thursday, Jan. 4 when you choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.
The system consists of two Mummy-style sleeping bags (Warm & Cold weather), a Water-proof Bivy, and a Compression Sack - 4 Piece System
The waterproof part is so important in a sleeping bag.  It could mean the difference between life and death, not just comfort and less comfort.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »

The waterproof part is so important in a sleeping bag.  It could mean the difference between life and death, not just comfort and less comfort.

Yes, you are right.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »
Not sure if I have looked through this site... we will see

https://www.armynavysales.com/u-s-military-survival-kit-type-i-class-iii-me236-277.html

STORE LOCATION
For over 70 years we've been located in Chicago's vibrant Lakeview neighborhood.

Our address is  3100 N Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL 60657

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
https://www.armynavysales.com/gi-usmc-fleece-pullover-mj159-678.html

USMC Coyote Polartec Fleece Pullover

The fleece pullover shirt has long sleeves, a collar that converts to a mock turtleneck when the front opening slide fastener is completely closed. The slide fastener front opening extends from the top of the collar to the mid-chest. The slide fastener is backed with a throat protection flap at the neck and has a thong for ease of opening when wearing gloves. The base of the front opening is reinforced with a 1 x 1-1/2 inch piece of nylon webbing. A large hand warmer pocket extends from the lower chest area to the base of the pullover. To provide additional insulation and lower back protection, the back of the pullover is shaped to be longer than the front. All joining seams shall be flat locked and all, hems shall be cover stitched. This design provides a garment that is light in weight, low in bulk, has environmental protection, and comfort in movement.
The fleece pullover was developed to provide
the USMC with a multi-purpose, lightweight/low bulk, moisture transport, and insulation layer for the upper torso. The fleece pullover can be used during both garrison and field duties in cool to cold weather conditions. It can be worn under the camouflage utilities, used as a sleep shirt in the sleeping bag, and as an optional/additional insulation layer for the ECWCS.

Condition: New

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »
Note: Condition used, excellent. from $99.00

https://www.armynavysales.com/

https://www.armynavysales.com/5-part-military-modular-sleeping-bag-system-acu-digital-me277-500.html

The Military Modular Sleeping Bag is constructed to insulate the user in environments ranging from mild weather to extremely cold weather. The Military Modular Sleeping Bag consists of two Mummy-style sleeping bags - the Patrol (Green) and the Intermediate Cold Weather (Black). Each are constructed of water - resistant, ripstop nylon. Each Military Sleeping Bag is fully functional independently. For a temperature to -30 degrees, insert the Intermediate Cold Weather bag inside the Patrol bag. Each bag is compatible with the vapor permeable bivy cover. When all 3 compartments of the Gor-tex 3-part sleeping bag are used together, the system is rated to provide 4 hours sleep at -40 degrees. A compression stuff sack is included and detailed below. Non-flammable and machine washable.

PATROL BAG FEATURES: Temperature to +30degrees, reversible double-pull(opens end to end) slider allows top or bottom ventilation, non-locking slide fastener self repairs if jammed or snagged, draft flap prevents heat loss, hood adjusts for heat retention, includes nylon drawcord and barrel lock, measures 92 x 37" to 92 x 24", Color Green. Order your Military Modular Sleeping Bag today.

INTERMEDIATE COLD WEATHER BAG FEATURES: Temperature to -10degrees, from from cold spots, insulation does not migrate in the bag, anatomically designed foot box contains twice the insulation as the bag, sewn-in, quilted chest collar prevents air drafts up and down through the hood, hood adjusts for heat retention; includes nylon drawcord and barrel lock. Measures 87 x 35 1/2" to 87 x 23" Color Black Bivy Cover

STUFF SACK FEATURES: Compressible to one cubic foot, six 1" wide nylon webbing straps by ladder lock buckles, reinforcement webbing is sewn around the circumference of the bag, nylon drawcord closure with a barrel lock. Measures 30" in length, 14" diameter. Color: Foliage. The R-TEX outside shell is Army Digital Camouflage. Genuine U.S. Gov't issue.

Condition: Used/Excellent
$49.99     SKU ACUBIV

Waterproof /windproof ACU bivi cover made for the ACU 5 piece sleeping bag system.
•   ACU Digital Camouflage
•   GoreTex, 100% water/wind proof outer layer.
•   Designed to enclose patrol and intermediate cold weather sleeping bag for the complete modular sleep
     system.
•   Non-flammable, machine washable.
•   2-way nylon zipper that allows for top or bottom ventilation (the zippers are non-locking sliders which
     self-repairs if jammed or snagged). 
•   Can be used alone for warmer temperatures.
•   Approximately 80" x 30

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:01:14 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »
https://www.armynavysales.com/footwear.html

Genuine Issue All-Leather Combat Boot with Vibram Sole
This boot is constructed of polish-able, full grain leather and is ideal for those who handle oil based chemicals. Say goodbye to stained suede. The boot has a Vibram outsole.

Water Resistant
Height - 10"
Military Specification Vulcanized Rubber
Vibram Outsole
Removable Cushioned Polyurethane Inner Sole
Black Full Grain All-Leather Upper
Padded Collar
Speedhook Lacing System - Nylon Coated Brass
Made in USA - Genuine Issue

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 09:47:34 PM »
https://www.armynavysales.com/flyers-fire-resistant-nylon-hot-weather-shirt-ms128-54.html

Flyers Fire Resistant Nylon Hot Weather Shirt

New Flyers shirt hot weather, fire resistant nylon OG-106 shirt has 2 front pockets and 1 zippered pencil pocket on sleeve. Velcro sleeves and neck/collar. 100% High temperature resistant nylon. NSN 8145-935-4897
(SIZE MEDIUM SHORT ONLY)
CHEST 37" TO 41" HEIGHT UP TO 67in.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!