Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Post here information on obtaining and storing water for future survival  (Read 24312 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Post here information on obtaining and storing water for future survival
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2018, 04:53:38 PM »
So far we've been fortunate not to have mice. We had them in the past, but just before beginning the Ark project in the garage, we splurged on an insulated tighter-fitting overhead door which has helped tremendously to regulate the temperature in there and keep critters out.  If we should happen to get critters in there, I think you're right that the water barrels would be difficult to scale.  Like you, we also encourage our cats to visit the garage as well, just in case a mouse may have found its way in.  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »
I positioned 6 of these on an insulated mat in the garage.  When full of water, they provide some thermal mass in the garage, and we stack large bagged goods on top of them, such as dry cat food and bulk oats from the feed mill.

I like to clean them out first, even new ones, with carbonated water.  Half of the barrels rec'd liquid iodine in the water, and the other half rec'd none.  :)

Some really good ideas...
Do you have one of those gadgets that crank out carbonated water from regular water?

After you rinse with the carbonated water, you leave it, no regular water rinse?
Tell me about the liquid iodine, about how much per gallon, and is that just to clean or do you leave it in there?

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 05:03:48 AM »
Barb, I would love to have one of the carbonation devices, but I think they require purchased replacement cartridges, so I'm not certain that they are at the top of my list right now.  Mehron Keshe, the genius who gives lectures on free energy etc., teaches that carbonated water is medicinal both to animals and plants, and I have tried feeding it to the garden a few times.

As far as using it in the barrels, I dump a few liters in each barrel, and with the help of someone then tip each barrel over on its side on the ground and roll it a bit to coat the insides.  Then the two of us dump out the water on the ground outside and carry the barrels back indoors to their places.  There is not another rinse after this, so the barrels that don't receive iodine are then filled up with well water from a lead-free sanitary hose that is colored white and made explicitly for filling barrels. 

The barrels that get iodine are filled up after the iodine is added to the bottom, allowing it to be dispersed and mixed from the bottom up.  The iodine helps to prevent microbe growth in the water during long-term storage (we don't rotate our water supply once in - it would be too unwieldy).  Iodized water is also essential to anyone living within a hundred miles or so of a nuclear power plant, and we are 33 and 66 miles south of two of them. 

Half of our barrels do not receive iodine, as our hens already receive iodine in their home-made feed, in which we mix Pennington black oil sunflower seeds with a vitamin and mineral coating on them that includes iodine.  The cats also already receive it in their food.  Besides using the un-iodized half of the barrels for livestock and pet water, we plan to use it for bathing and dish washing.  I posted iodine calculations on another thread here: http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2290.msg94768#msg94768

Iodized water has a strong smell at first, and it is recommended to allow the odor to dissipate a bit before drinking it, when it is extracted from a barrel for use.  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 01:03:18 AM »
Barb, I would love to have one of the carbonation devices, but I think they require purchased replacement cartridges, so I'm not certain that they are at the top of my list right now.  Mehron Keshe, the genius who gives lectures on free energy etc., teaches that carbonated water is medicinal both to animals and plants, and I have tried feeding it to the garden a few times.

As far as using it in the barrels, I dump a few liters in each barrel, and with the help of someone then tip each barrel over on its side on the ground and roll it a bit to coat the insides.  Then the two of us dump out the water on the ground outside and carry the barrels back indoors to their places.  There is not another rinse after this, so the barrels that don't receive iodine are then filled up with well water from a lead-free sanitary hose that is colored white and made explicitly for filling barrels. 

The barrels that get iodine are filled up after the iodine is added to the bottom, allowing it to be dispersed and mixed from the bottom up.  The iodine helps to prevent microbe growth in the water during long-term storage (we don't rotate our water supply once in - it would be too unwieldy).  Iodized water is also essential to anyone living within a hundred miles or so of a nuclear power plant, and we are 33 and 66 miles south of two of them. 

Half of our barrels do not receive iodine, as our hens already receive iodine in their home-made feed, in which we mix Pennington black oil sunflower seeds with a vitamin and mineral coating on them that includes iodine.  The cats also already receive it in their food.  Besides using the un-iodized half of the barrels for livestock and pet water, we plan to use it for bathing and dish washing.  I posted iodine calculations on another thread here: http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2290.msg94768#msg94768

Iodized water has a strong smell at first, and it is recommended to allow the odor to dissipate a bit before drinking it, when it is extracted from a barrel for use.  :)

Wow R.R. what great info, thank you so much for sharing your expertise!  :)
I am so glad you do have the iodine in your drinking water, with the nuclear energy plants nearby.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »

Wow R.R. what great info, thank you so much for sharing your expertise!  :)
I am so glad you do have the iodine in your drinking water, with the nuclear energy plants nearby.
RR, you're way ahead of most of us, regarding water treatment and storage.  You lead and we shall follow....

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 05:26:37 PM »
LOL!

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Might not want to drink unfiltered rainwater any time soon.  Here's a lab report of what chemtrails and / or the atmospheres of visiting space bodies may be doing to it:

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...