Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Bless The Beasts Two By Two, Pt 2  (Read 27496 times)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bless The Beasts Two By Two, Pt 2
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »
I'm in LA proper.  Been here since Thursday.   We brought our dog along, as usual.  As of 2:00 pm PST today, he has started to climb walls.  We are in a Hotel suite with plenty of room.  He has been fine till today.  He is climbing into the tub, on us, pawing at the door and just showing signs of high anxiety.

Anybody aware of anything going on?

Several small earthquakes in recent days along the San Andreas fault, but none in L.A. proper.  Perhaps the dog senses the tension in the ground or in the people there..

Map from http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/240_35.php :

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 11:21:45 PM »
It is the weirdest thing.  My adult daughter took him out for a walk and he went to the car and sat at the door.  I took videos of him running through the hotel room. 
It's 11:20 and he's still at it.

inselemel

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »
Definitely think Jim is correct about the pooch sensing tensions in the Earth and in humans. I was wondering if the following NOAA article has anything to do with people's fear justified or not &/or maybe TPTB are getting ready and being more open about it ??? :-\ ::)
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2012/20120127_losangelesstormtsunamiready.html
"NOAA declares Los Angeles StormReady and TsunamiReady
January 27, 2012. On January 27, the City of Los Angeles will be recognized by NOAA’s National Weather Service as StormReady® and the largest city in the nation to become TsunamiReady™.

The nationwide voluntary community preparedness programs use a grassroots approach to help communities develop plans to prepare and warn citizens about severe weather, flooding and tsunami threats. To become StormReady and TsunamiReady, the city of Los Angeles met stringent criteria focusing on both internal and external communication, alert systems, reception and understanding of hazardous weather alerts, community outreach, and a comprehensive natural disaster plan."

I have also seen the videos of the Military op in LA which although they say it is to do with anti-terrorism but was it???  Maybe more to do with the above article and that LA is "ready" but the 2nd video did say its happened in Miami and Boston as well, I suppose nowadays any thing could be covered by  using the words anti – terrorism but I don’t want to play down that risk either just it’s a bit coincidental just before LA gets the thumps up for being ready for Earthquake and Tsunami

http://earththreats.com/2012/01/video-la-military-drills/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:19:00 AM by inselemel »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:22 AM »
It is the weirdest thing.  My adult daughter took him out for a walk and he went to the car and sat at the door.  I took videos of him running through the hotel room. 
It's 11:20 and he's still at it.

He sounds like a good pooch to have around.
I remember feeling much safer when we had "Jaws," our pound rescue pup shepherd cross. After he grew really big and strong and uncannily smart and wily and all - after the fact figured out he was part wolf. Whotta dog.

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
Glad to help.  I really am, that makes my day.  I would caution you on getting a guinea pig though...  Big commitment they are, I swear, a guinea pig will take over your life.  You will fall in love with them and vice versa, they are high maintenance though.  Lot's of time, lot's of money.  We love our Charlie but, my God, the money and time we have spent on that little wonderful animal is astounding.  He has already far exceeded his life span and, while we love him so much and he continues to bring us joy, part of me keeps hoping he will pass before things get bad, if they do, in fact...  Still... he is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon and maybe we can all learn something from ole' Charlie.  Don't ever give up and when you have it good...  enjoy it!  Cheer up BuddaKitty! Peace...  JKB.
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

inselemel

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
Saw this guy on one of my Animal posts on FB he stayed with his dead master for a week before being found. He is in Orlando Florida. I am not sure if  Weeki Wachee, The  Critter Place is where he is but that's the name that came up. Just thought i would post it 1. - to see if anyone in the area would be keen on giving him a new home and 2. to show again the devotion of animals. The soul enrichment gained from being an adopted parent to a shelter dog is immense.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 11:27:07 AM »
Mel, keep on posting these, as "the spirit moves you"...
Maybe some of these old buddies will have new homes.
Thanks,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »
:-[  Looking for answers.   I'm in LA proper.  Been here since Thursday.  We brought our dog along, as usual.  As of 2:00 pm PST today, he has started to climb walls.  We are in a Hotel suite with plenty of room.  He has been fine till today.  He is climbing into the tub, on us, pawing at the door and just showing signs of high anxiety.

Anybody aware of anything going on?  I don't usually check into this site when I'm away on work projects but I will continue to monitor for answers.

Thanks,
Mark

If you don' t mind my asking, are you still in L.A. ?
I'm glad you have your four legged Mr. Friend there with you...
I am sure animals can feel quakes coming...
Let's hope that's not what it is...
Take Care,
Yowbarb

Mark Harbolt

• stringers
  • Prolific Member
  • Those that can, do.
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 06:50:59 PM »
We came ho0me on Sunday.
My adult daughter was down at the pool when this was going on.  She said a family down there had their dog going berserk.  The dog did not want to be on the ground.  He kept jumping up  the onto the family members.  running from one to another across the lounge chairs.

Go figger!
Thanks for all the input.

Mark

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
We came ho0me on Sunday.
My adult daughter was down at the pool when this was going on.  She said a family down there had their dog going berserk.  The dog did not want to be on the ground.  He kept jumping up  the onto the family members.  running from one to another across the lounge chairs.

Go figger!
Thanks for all the input.

Mark
Thanks for the report... it does sound like the animal friends were sensing something in the ground...
Glad you are all home safe.  -  Yowbarb

inselemel

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
Hi i am not sure if the same sort of grit salt is used in the States as is used in the UK but this article was very disturbing if you are a pet owner here in the UK.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341137/Hundreds-dogs-cats-die-rock-salt-scattered-gritters-big-freeze.html

"Hundreds of dogs and cats die from rock salt scattered by gritters in big freeze

Hundreds of pets are becoming seriously ill and in some cases dying because of the rock salt and antifreeze being used during the cold snap, animal charities warned yesterday.
Dogs and cats are walking through the substances left by gritters trying to clear roads and car drivers defrosting their windscreens and then licking them off their paws.
Consuming rock salt can cause dehydration, liver failure and pancreatitis, while antifreeze contains the chemical ethylene glycol, which can be lethal when ingested.

The RSPCA said it has received 248 calls about cases involving cats and dogs between January 1 and mid-November this year, compared to 259 for the whole of 2009.
It expects this year's total to be 'considerably higher' once figures for the current freeze are taken into account - and added these would represent the 'tip of the iceberg' as only a fraction of cases are brought to its attention.
Victims include Amanda Walsh, 31, whose four-year-old grey tabby Bubbles died last week from anti-freeze poisoning, the third in her neighbourhood in a matter of days.
'She went missing last Tuesday and a neighbour said a cat similar to mine had been found the following afternoon,' said Mrs Walsh, a dinner lady from West Earlham, near Norwich.
'I went round to the people who found it and showed them a photo and they said straight away it was her. They'd found her lying down in their garden. She couldn't move and was mewling in pain.
'They wrapped her up and took her to the vet's. Originally they thought she'd been hit by a car but further investigation proved it to be antifreeze poisoning.
'I have two daughters and they're devastated. I just want people to be aware that this can happen. They should keep their pets indoors for the time being, if they can, and, if they do go out, try and wash their paws when they come back.'

Animal nutrition counsellor Ruth Hayward-Smith said a young dog that attended an obedience and agility class she runs had died after licking rock salt off her paws.
Ruby, a five-month-old Lhasa Apso, fell ill on Sunday evening and had to be put down the following morning.
'When she got home she obviously groomed herself and she started salivating excessively. Her owners rushed her to the vet where she was observed and allowed home the following day,' said Mrs Hayward-Smith, who runs her classes in Bracon Ash, Norfolk.
'But they were so concerned they took her to another vet who put her to sleep straight away. She had gone into kidney failure.'
Animal charities said the public should take extra care when using anti-freeze and mop up any spillages. Pet owners were also advised to clean animals' paws if they have been outside and even clip the fur to keep it short.

The symptoms of ingesting anti-freeze include vomiting, seizures, appearing sleepy and a heightened breathing rate.
Symptoms of consuming rock salt - which contains the same ingredient as table salt, sodium chloride, but also has harmful chemicals such as magnesium - include burns to the mouth and throat and excessive salivating and drinking.
An RSPCA spokeswoman said: 'Owners should contact a vet immediately if they suspect that their pet may have been in contact with these substances or if they see any warning signs or symptoms.
'The sooner they are treated, the better their chances of surviving.'"

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
Mel,  thanks for posting this info. This is really tragic.
I had no idea...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:07:09 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 06:06:44 PM »
Mel, I'm not sure if you posted about this movie yet or not - anyway,
I just noticed this.
- Yowbarb

Movie: Big Miracle(2012)
Synopsis: Based on the true story of a small town news reporter and a Greenpeace volunteer who are joined by rival world superpowers to save a family of majestic gray whales trapped by rapidly forming ice in the Arctic Circle. [Continues ]

TRAILER: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/big-miracle/trailers/
MPAA Rating:  PG (for language)

Genres:  Adaptation, Drama, Family

Run Time: 1 hour 47 minutes

inselemel

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 04:52:49 AM »
Mel, I'm not sure if you posted about this movie yet or not - anyway,
I just noticed this.
- Yowbarb

Movie: Big Miracle(2012)
Synopsis: Based on the true story of a small town news reporter and a Greenpeace volunteer who are joined by rival world superpowers to save a family of majestic gray whales trapped by rapidly forming ice in the Arctic Circle. [Continues ]

TRAILER: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/big-miracle/trailers/
MPAA Rating:  PG (for language)

Genres:  Adaptation, Drama, Family

Run Time: 1 hour 47 minutes

Thanks Barbara,  no i hadn't posted it, i actually hadn't heard of it. The last movie i went to see was Clint Eastwood (director) and Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela in Invinctus and haven't been to see a movie since, but i wish i'd gone to see Born to be Wild at the IMAX, here's the trailer (voiced over again by Mr Freeman) two of favourite animals on the planet Orang Utan's (gingers) and Elephants - the elephant orphange run by the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (DSWT) is in Kenya and my sister the middle one who lives in SA gave me a adoption of one of the nellies for my birthday last year so proud to be  foster mum to one of these wonderful animals. Wish i could do more - hopefully one day i can do more to help. Anyway here's the trailer. Lovely
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv2Af-H7ZnI

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »
This is about the cutest thing I have ever seen...

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1816/097/Snoring_Hummingbird.html
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!