Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Birth Control - what to do if we don't have pharmacies  (Read 20677 times)

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
Birth Control - what to do if we don't have pharmacies
« on: September 16, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
hi ladies (and gents who are reading),

i'm new to this forum and there is a topic i feel the need to bring forth.

as mentioned in the subject line: birth control.  as we know, there will come a time when we are just trying to survive and not have access to birth control.  if you're on the pill, eventually you will run out of pills or not think to grab them as you head out to your car or on foot.

but after reading about rapes that occurred after natural disasters, especially hurricane katrina and the asian-pacific tsunami, it is a great concern of mine.

rape itself is a horrendous act which, heaven forbid, i hope doesn't happen to any of us.  and as if rape is bad enough... becoming pregnant after a catastrophic event is worse.

so, what are your feelings on the IUD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrauterine_device)?  i received mine in january of this year and it lasts 10 years.  i have a two-year-old daughter and can't imagine becoming pregnant again anytime soon.

thank you.

chaunska

Re: Birth Control - what to do if we don't have pharmacies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »
Hello Kitty,
You bring up a very important issue here....and like you said a touchy one.   First off, in the aftertime, you must always be armed with weapons to protect yourself and your child.   

When things calm down, hopefully the plants will come back and there are many we used in the old days to control ovulation.   Creator put the plants here for us to choose weather to use or not.    Creator gives us all we need to live on this little planet we call our Mother.   We cannot possibly birth every egg in our bodies, so our bodies return those eggs back to earth.....Ti's also true with men....Why, they can't possibly turn everyone of their "little squirts" into babies either.   (And as a matter of fact, men have a pretty good track record of wasting them.... ::))  Which is why Creator has had to give them so many.   

So, controlling ovulation is an important and very valid thing to be concerned with.   There are many good herbals out there that talk about these plants.   Wild yam is one I can think of off hand.   It contains progesterone which keeps an egg from being releases.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:05:12 PM by chaunska »

throwback1952

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
My wife had one when she was much younger and had some difficulty with it and had it removed.
Have something like that removed because of complications or if you are done with it and would like to have children could prove to be very difficult in the times to come.
You may not have access to a doctor.
Just my thoughts.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

noproblemo2

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »
My wife had one when she was much younger and had some difficulty with it and had it removed.
Have something like that removed because of complications or if you are done with it and would like to have children could prove to be very difficult in the times to come.
Just my thoughts.
Good point I hadn't considered that, Thanks.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »

as mentioned in the subject line: birth control.  as we know, there will come a time when we are just trying to survive and not have access to birth control.  if you're on the pill, eventually you will run out of pills or not think to grab them as you head out to your car or on foot.

but after reading about rapes that occurred after natural disasters, especially hurricane katrina and the asian-pacific tsunami, it is a great concern of mine.

rape itself is a horrendous act which, heaven forbid, i hope doesn't happen to any of us.  and as if rape is bad enough... becoming pregnant after a catastrophic event is worse.

so, what are your feelings on the IUD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrauterine_device)?  i received mine in january of this year and it lasts 10 years.  i have a two-year-old daughter and can't imagine becoming pregnant again anytime soon.

thank you.

BuddhaKitty thanks for starting this Topic. It definitely belongs here.
I feel this Topic is mainly for women. Women are the ones who actually bear the children.  Women are the ones who are of childbearing years or past it, who have daughters and granddaughters and friends to watch out for in the future.
I won't be making any religious or political statements here, but it is what it is - a Topic mainly for women.
Again,
Thanks
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »

thank you.

BTW if you can tolerate the IUD then more power to you, and any woman who can use it.
Some women can, some can't.
If I come across some old methods of birth control, as in methods before the 1940s- 1960s, I will post them here.
My understanding is not much worked, but I think some primitive societies managed to devise methods which would work. Without birth control many women would end up with like twenty kids.
If anyone doesn't agree with birth control then just move on.
Regarding rape:  Women should arm themselves and use deadly force to prevent it.
Men who rape also often severely batter women and the injuries could kill them. Not only that they could have diseases.
Well that's about all I have to say just now.
Yowbarb

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:35:42 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »
Just my thoughts.

It is true it would eventually have to be removed. Will have to read up on how it can be done by the woman wearing it,
Yowbarb

noproblemo2

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »
AGREE Barb 100% !!!!!!!!!!!

thank you.

BuddhaKitty thanks for starting this Topic. It definitely belongs here.
I feel this Topic is mainly for women. Women are the ones who actually bear the children.  Women are the ones who are of childbearing years or past it, who have daughters and granddaughters and friends to watch out for in the future.
I won't be making any religious or political statements here, but it is what it is - a Topic mainly for women.
Again,
Thanks
Yowbarb

chaunska

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »
Thank you Ladies....I was actually going to say that in my first response to Kitty.   "Women's Business" as we indian women call it.   

Please do research on these plants yourself.   There is only so much that can be taught with words.   These things I am going to tell are individual choices....

Anyway, there are a lot of herbs out there to choose from with regards to controlling ovulation, bleeding, cramps, menstruation, etc.   In the old days we went into the moon lodge with the other women who were mooning and we discussed women's business....which was midwifery, women's Plant Medicine, men and all we put up with, etc.   

Back to plants. 

Wild yam was good to keep ovulation from happening if started as soon as menstruation is finished and taken daily until menstruation starts again...so it is a lot like taking the "pill". Contains progesterone....can also prevent miscarriage due to progesterone insufficiency.

Indian carrot aka queen annes lace,  flowers and seeds.   This is old time "morning after" contraceptive.  First dose taken within 8 hours after intercourse.

Smartweed leaves interferes with implantation...must drink freely until menstruation begins.   This one is risky.  If it doesn't work, do not carry the pregnancy to term as it is not safe to do so.   Be ready to take emmenagogues.

Apricot kernels- 10 kernels must be taken immediately after intercourse 3 times a day until menstruation begins...another "morning after" contraceptive.

High doses of Vitamin C (asorbic Acid) -  implantation inhibitor, and emmenagogues.

ORGANIC Cotton root bark - do not use cotton unless you grow it yourself with no chemicals.   This bark shuts down the yellow body's ability to produce progesterone.

This is a list of Emmenagogues (moon starters)

Angelica root
Lemon balm leaves
bethroot
birthwort root
blue cohosh
feverfew
ginger root
hyssop leaves
marijuana (female flowers)
mistletoe leaves
mugwort
osha root
pennyroyal
rosemary
rue
saffron
sumac berries
sweet flag root
tansy
wood sorrel

These are easy to look up in herb books and on the internet....I suggest books because you can take them into the shelter with you.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:55:50 PM by chaunska »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »
Chaunska what great info to have!
I encourage everyone to copy paste and print these out and get a supply of these herbs.
- Yowbarb

chaunska

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 07:23:40 PM »
I do want to stress that I do not recommend that most of these herbal birthcontrol plants be used as much as it is these days....some of these plants are dangerous if taken more than a time or two or for very long....I DO recommend rhythm method if possible for control.    I stress again that some of these plants should really only be used in an emergency situation and in a future where doctors and medical care is unavailable.   Again, I stress personal responsibility in most cases.    The plants I discuss do not  mean that I support abortion....I am just putting the information out there without regard to my personal opinions. 

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 08:41:40 PM »
thank you all, every one of you, for your input. 
this is a critical topic that made me worry a little, it feels much better discussing it with a group and getting different points of view.
chaunska, thanks for the list of herbs and natural remedies.  i will look into those and look into IUD removal... just want to have as much knowledge about it as i can before making any decisions. 
with regards to defense, i asked about getting a gun on another thread... and i think as we get closer, i might do that as well. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 12:11:39 AM »
thank you all, every one of you, for your input. 
this is a critical topic that made me worry a little, it feels much better discussing it with a group and getting different points of view.
chaunska, thanks for the list of herbs and natural remedies.  i will look into those and look into IUD removal... just want to have as much knowledge about it as i can before making any decisions. 
with regards to defense, i asked about getting a gun on another thread... and i think as we get closer, i might do that as well.

Again, thanks for starting this topic. I do feel this is a necessity.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Charlie

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 07:05:13 AM »
I thought this an interesting and informative website addition to your topic...

http://www.orgonelab.org/contracep.htm

noproblemo2

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »
Works, except when one is raped.
What about abstinence?  It's 100% effective.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

Buying radio technology you need but do not understand is a big impediment to creating an affordable consumer (CB/SSB CB/FRS/GMRS) and amateur (MF/HF/VHF/UHF) two-way radio survival network. Learn more...