Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Alternative power generators  (Read 16471 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Alternative power generators
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 08:27:01 AM »
Watched parts of video again and stainless steel is what Lorenzen repeatedly talks about using.  In fact he said he uses stainless steel for all his plates and all containers, and about everything except the copper wires and the plastic insulators, washers, nuts, etc. between plates.

I plan to try to build a primitive replica of his wet-cell experiment.  He gave me two plates, one for hydrogen, one for oxygen and the "divider plate" that appears to be a compressed paper or cardboard in plastic.  The two plates are both ss, but one is perforated and the other solid, but he said he just used that, and it has no significance--one being perforated and the other not.  I think he just used what he had.  Or, possibly as a reminder--maybe he always used perforated for hydrogen and always solid for oxygen.

He did not mention any pre-conditioning at all, and his sincerity makes me think if he had, he would have mentioned it.  I feel guilty for taking up his time, but he would be glad others are now seeing his work revisited.

No mention ever of resonance.  I don't think he even mentioned it when not being videotaped, as I sort of resonate with that word and my antennae go up when I hear the word "resonance".  Is it something we need to think about?

Here are a few pictures, and hopefully the titles will be self-explanatory.  The one mislabeled is "MoreElec" which should actually read "More Hydrogen".  He made a long narrow rectangular set of bars/plates and he said he gets much more hydrogen from that configuration.   If anyone has questions about the pics or anything else just yell.

Also I watched a few youtube videos about electrolysis and several ARE really so basic any of us can do/try them.  One, IIRC is titled "Electrolysis Setup".  I'll get the link asap.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 09:01:49 PM »
One of many videos on youtube is "Electrolysis of Water Setup" at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtOrF2ENJg

There are many videos that show how to send an electric current through water, H2O, and get oxygen, O2, and hydrogen H2 offgassing as end products.  The one above is easy to understand but there are so many that I confess to having watched very few of them.

More to follow later.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
CORRECTION:  On message #23, I erred in talking about the amount of battery acid Lorenzen used with the water.

He used 1/4 cup battery acid with 8 gallons water, because in such a large quantity of water, the iron ions were/are not enough to get sufficient action going, thus the need for the battery acid.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 06:17:53 AM »
A related video on Youtube.com demonstrates a pickup truck that runs on 100% hydrogen, using technology similar to, but more advanced than, what John Lorenzen used.  In this video, the fuel is contained in the bed of the truck, and inside the cab on the dashboard are a few dials/gauges indicating the status of fuel and its parameters.     Check out and enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjqkHhWUKOU

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 08:40:49 AM »
In digging through my books I found one not seen in a while but this one looks DYNAMITE!  It is SOLAR HYDROGEN CHRONICLES edited by Walt Pyle, 1998, H-ION Solar Inc., Richmond, California.

It has nice sized, black print with lots of pictures.  It is divided into sections: Introduction, Production, Purification, Storage, (Utilization of Hydrogen) COOKING, (Utilization of Hydrogen) SPACE HEATING, Making Electricity, Transportation, Acknowledgments, and Future.

One thing really caught my eye and has helped me understand the term "fuel cell" a bit better, although I have so much to learn.  Here are the two paragraphs on page 37 that kind of blew my mind:

"The next day we may have had our first personal demonstration of William Grove's astonishing observation that an electrolyzer can run backwards and become a power source.  Grove discovered in the early 19th Century that the reverse reaction--supplying oxygen and hydrogen to electrodes--causes an electrolyzer to produce direct current electricity and act as a fuel cell.

Before we turned on our power supply the next day, the voltmeter showed about 16 volts DC on the electrolyzer terminals indicating it was acting as a "source".  After that we put a resistive load on the electrolyzer leads and generated about 16 volts and 10 Amps for several hours (160 watts) before it "ran out of gas".  Was the cell acting as a fuel cell, as an alkaline nickel-iron battery, or a combination of both?"

And here is the first paragraph of a chapter entitled "Hydrogen Fuel" by L.E. Spicer:

Hydrogen is an abundant fuel and it is simple to make.  Above the initial cost of the generating equipment, the hydrogen produced can be free.  The only substances used up in making hydrogen are water and electricity.  My electricity comes from a wind generator and the water I use is rainwater.  By using solar cells, the entire process can be done without one moving part.

When time permits hopefully I can include a bit more from this truly educational book.  I love the pictures!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 02:12:49 AM »
ilinda -fantastic post!  :)
That book seems like a treasure trove of info... ( SOLAR HYDROGEN CHRONICLES )
Thanks,
Yowbarb

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 09:09:14 AM »
Here's yet another fantastic, alternative energy thing, not exactly based on electrolysis as we have been discussing, but using "electrolyte flow cell" technology.  This car runs on salt water and instead of conventional, or Lithium-ion batteries, uses "super capacitors" for storage.  The article has cool pics which for some reason did not copy here.

http://aetherforce.com/electric-car-powered-by-salt-water-920-hp-373-milestank/

Electric Car Powered by Salt Water: 920 hp, 373 Miles/Tank

It’s finally here folks and it is LEGIT.
Tesla eat your heart out, the Germans have created an electrical car powered by salt water. It has four electric engines and is FAST with some pretty sweet fuel economy for a sports car. Leave the Bugatti at home and stop by the beach to refuel.
============================================

The recent announcement that the Quant e-Sportlimousine, which is a salt water powered car, has been certified for use on European roads is a big sign that the Oil Cartels are losing the energy war.
Since the early 1900s, the Oil Cartels, which are controlled by the Controllers, have been harassing and silencing alternative energy inventors who pose a threat to the Oil Cartels. One of the greatest alternative energy inventors that they silenced was Nikola Tesla.
Unlike traditional cars that run on gasoline, the Quant e-Sportlimousine runs on an electrolyte flow cell power system made by NanoFlowcell that has the ability to generate an astonishing 920 horsepower (680 kW).
This salt water powered car can go from 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 2.8 seconds and has a top speed of 217.5 mph (350 km/h). The Quant e-Sportlimousine is built by the German company Quant.

Electrolyte flow cell technology has been around for decades, but it wasn’t until recently that certain car manufacturers were given the permission to start building cars that run on electrolyte flow cell technology.
This type of alternative energy technology will eventually make gasoline powered cars obsolete, because using electrolyte flow cell technology to power cars is a lot more efficient and much cleaner than using gasoline.

As described by The Mind Unleashed:
“The car is powered by the electrolyte flow cell power system, which is a part of the NanoFlowcell technology. The system works in a similar way to a hydrogen fuel cell, except for the fact that salt water is used for storing power.
“In particular, two liquids with metallic salts, which act as the electrolyte, are combined in such a way that the electrochemical reaction takes place. After that, electric motors use this reaction to generate electricity, which is then stored and distributed by super capacitors.
“The efficiency of this system reaches 80%, since the car has almost no moving parts in it, and the produced waste heat is insignificant in comparison with cars powered by lithium-ion batteries.”
Alternative energy technologies, such as the electrolyte flow cell system, will become more mainstream as the new paradigm emerges. These types of alternative energy technologies will help solve our “energy crisis” and usher a new age in which we can live without worrying about not having access to cheap and clean energy.

QUANT e-Sportlimousine with nanoFLOWCELL® drive

Aldwyn

• stringers
  • Trusted Member
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 09:33:32 AM »
All I can say is wow.  That is amazing.  Thanks ilinda.
Aldwyn
Endure... Honor requires nothing less.

Cardwellti

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
WOW, your HHO generator sounds neat. Any chance you have any drawings? I am more of a visual guy than a verbal one. I read your explanation of the unit and am largely lost without a drawing to reference. And thanks for sharing something so useful. Tim

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »
WOW, your HHO generator sounds neat. Any chance you have any drawings? I am more of a visual guy than a verbal one. I read your explanation of the unit and am largely lost without a drawing to reference. And thanks for sharing something so useful. Tim
Thanks for asking.

Since we've discussed so many types of HHO generators, I have to ask, are you talking about the ones of John Lorenzen, the genius guy I visited in Iowa years ago, and who had built a number of them, and was always working on improving and tweaking the ones he already had?

Or, did you mean some of the ones from that fantastic book, SOLAR HYDROGEN CHRONICLES?

OK, I'll wait to hear from you, so I'll know which unit you are talking about.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »
Here we are a year later and there is still a lot of interest in producing one's own power.  OK, in looking through our fairly well-cluttered workshop, I found a very heavy DC motor that looks fairly unused, aside from the cobwebs.  Hubby said he thinks it is the one he removed from the treadmill before junking it.

In looking through youtube videos, it seems there are plenty of people who have scavenged DC motors and use them as generators, when run "in the opposite direction".   On one end of my "found" one, there is an array of white plastic "blades", presumably to cool it by dissipating heat.  On the other end is the place to apply a belt.  So, the obvious question is what are all the sources of power that could be harnessed with a belt to drive this generator?  Besides bicycle, there could be wind and water.  Are there others??

In looking at some of the videos, the electrical connection appears fairly straight forward--red wire to positive, and black wire to negative.  The unit I have has more wires than that.  It has an obvious green ground wire, an obvious rather large black wire with red marking/covering to indicate positive.  Then it has another rather large black wire, this one being all black.  Problem is, there are also two much smaller wires which are puzzling, and I have no idea of their purpose.

Does anyone use DC power, using a scavenged DC motor?  Can you describe the wire setup?  As soon as possible I'll post pic of this beauty.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 03:44:08 PM »
Attached are a couple of pictures of the DC motor I want to "do something with".  It does not have as many wires as I previously stated--only 1 red one, one green one, and two smaller ones whose purpose I do not know.

If anyone knows what the use/purpose of the two smaller wires would be, that would be cool.

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2018, 02:33:51 AM »
IKEA To Begin Selling "At-Cost" Home Solar Panel Systems For Under $10,000

https://www.blacklistednews.com/article/63890/ikea-to-begin-selling-atcost-home-solar-panel-systems-for-under.html

. Swedish furniture manufacturer IKEA recently announced a plan to sell “at-cost” home solar panel systems that will range from $7,500 – $10,000. The offer is slowly rolling out in different markets and is already available in different parts of Europe and Japan. This week, IKEA Australia boss Jan Gardberg announced that the solar panels will soon be sold in his region as well.

In an interview with 9 News, Gardberg said, “We have already introduced (solar panels) into the UK market and in Poland and something similar in Japan, and I and the team would like to find a way to introduce that to the Australian market.”

“It would actually be cost-neutral because we believe this to be another positive way that we, as a big company, can contribute for the sustainable life at home for the many people in Australia,” he added.

According to Canstar Blue, this is the price list that is currently being used for IKEA solar products in the UK:

– a 3kW solar system for £4,412 ($A7,800);
– a customisable solar system, starting at 3kW for £4,941 ($A8,700);
– and a customized solar system that’s “designed to integrate seamlessly with your roof,” again starting at 3kW, this time costing £6,176 ($A10,900).

Hopefully, their solar panels are of a better quality and easier to put together than their furniture is.

The price of solar panels has continued to decrease with each passing year, making solar as a viable energy source a very real possibility.

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 04:29:29 AM »
Hopefully, their solar panels are of a better quality and easier to put together than their furniture is.

;)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 08:23:43 PM »

;)
:D ;D

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!