Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas  (Read 53647 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Losing weight: A place to share successful actions, tips and ideas
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »
I ran/walked yesterday on treadmill just over 2 1/4 miles. About 30 minutes. Couldn't believe how great I felt , until I stopped :).  Ive lost 10lbs since November, almost back to my pre-surgery weight. Ive stopped eating all the bad stuff, sodas, candies crap food. Throw constant daily stress into a 12 hour workday 6 days a week and you too can loose weight without trying!

Hey jrobert69,
Very Well done!
 :)
Yowbarb

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2012, 04:50:53 PM »
I ran/walked yesterday on treadmill just over 2 1/4 miles. About 30 minutes. Couldn't believe how great I felt , until I stopped :).  Ive lost 10lbs since November, almost back to my pre-surgery weight. Ive stopped eating all the bad stuff, sodas, candies crap food. Throw constant daily stress into a 12 hour workday 6 days a week and you too can loose weight without trying!

Ah yes, the "stress diet", as we used to call it back when I was working in the big fancy office doing the corporate America thing.  Sorry to hear about the stress, but great job with the exercise and weight loss!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2012, 08:14:53 AM »
I lost more weight. From yesterday...nearly one pound.
Not starving myself. Eating mainly Nutrisystem.
Craving calcium. I cannot drink milk that may be a "gift" from my father. Unproven ancestry but I think there is more than "Irish" there.  ;D People with some African and/or Native American or Asian ancestry often do not do well on milk. Mom could drink gallons of milk but not me. I have found over the past few years I can tolerate cheese and Greek yogurt particularly if it is low fat. In spite of the fact in previous years and diets I said I "had to avoid dairy," I do feel so much better now allowing skim cheese and yogurt daily. That could change but that's where I am at now.
Kirkland part - skim low - moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
I buy in bulk at COSTCO.
This cheese really helps me and my daughter who is here sharing house. We take the Nutrisystem egg breakfasts and jazz them up with the mozzarella cheese and hot sauce, preferably green sauce. We also put it on the enchiladas, etc. Sometimes I add Louisiana Hot Sauce, depending on the flavor of the meal.. With the Nutrisystem mashed potatoes I add a small spoonful of natural olive oil and the Louisiana Hot sauce. Or some Cajun seasoning sprinkled on.
A lot of people feel coffee is bad and also of course the diet colas etc.  I agree natural is better, but I do drink diet colas for now. Sometime in the future I will allow a little real cola drink...After avoiding cola for years I now realize it helps me digest my food and I have far far less stomach pain when I drink cola drinks natural or not. At nearly 68 I just have to do what is working for me at the time...
As far as the coffee. Finding out it is a powerful antioxidant and it seems to make me feel so much better. It is part of my diet for sure.
Well just some thoughts for the day.. Everybody is different...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2012, 08:26:01 AM »
You can get this in bulk size at Sam's Club. In fat - free low, -sugar variety.
We don't have a Sam's Membership but a friend does so she can get it for us.
This is a good item for the workplace.
My daughter mixes a low sugar coffee creamer with low fat half and half.

http://www.oppictures.com/singleimages/400/NES31803_2_1.JPG

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »
My last Note of the day: Just logged in to SparkPeople site again that really helps me too.
When I say "again" I had a change of computers and it took awhile to set it all up and I do run into some wonky stuff and it tends to slow me down. Working fine today and able to get more done. I like to keep a Daily Battleplan, also the Sparkpeople.
On the Daily Battleplan I just do a format for a month carrying forward important goals, reminders and medical appts etc. Basically simple weekly/monthly targets.
Nothing too complicated... Once I have met those targets, or the event is passed, I delete those out of the format and add new stuff.
If I keep up with it my life starts to make some forward progress.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:41:47 AM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:29 AM »
Hmm, my friend who joined weight watchers on line the last week in January has already lost 10 pounds!!!  Ah yes, procrastination, always been a struggle for me.  Not that I necessarily would have had the same results, but just goes to show what can happen when you make a plan and act on it, while instead I've just been sitting around thinking about it!!!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2012, 06:57:05 AM »
Hmm, my friend who joined weight watchers on line the last week in January has already lost 10 pounds!!!  Ah yes, procrastination, always been a struggle for me.  Not that I necessarily would have had the same results, but just goes to show what can happen when you make a plan and act on it, while instead I've just been sitting around thinking about it!!!

I have heard Weight Watchers really does help. Not sure why I never tried that...
If I cannot get the weight off this time...will have to try that...
You are not alone in the procrastination.
Well I completely blew it and went to a movie last night and ate movie food and even candy. My daughter paid a  (Run For The Cure) donation at work and everyone who did that received a wonderful little valentines cake, all fancy wrapped.  We are all going to have some after the diet dinner. In honor of love or St. Valentines or whatever.  ;D Oh well. At least I have been on my feet a lot doing chores and some walking...

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2012, 03:26:12 AM »
Barb, It seems you have been doing pretty good on your current program, my hats off to you for your commitment.  But one of the things I do like about Weight Watchers, is it allows for a some "leniency", or breaks sortof built in to the program on a weekly basis.  It's really just the cost and the time commitment that would be holding me back from joining the online program at this time.  For those interested however, they are currently running a special right now waiving the enrollment fee, and the monthly fee is really very reasonable.  It's also nice that you just eat "regular" food, with a lifelong plan for maintaining the weight loss.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
Barb, It seems you have been doing pretty good on your current program, my hats off to you for your commitment.  But one of the things I do like about Weight Watchers, is it allows for a some "leniency", or breaks sortof built in to the program on a weekly basis.  It's really just the cost and the time commitment that would be holding me back from joining the online program at this time.  For those interested however, they are currently running a special right now waiving the enrollment fee, and the monthly fee is really very reasonable.  It's also nice that you just eat "regular" food, with a lifelong plan for maintaining the weight loss.

Enlightenme, that sounds good!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 02:01:23 PM »
23.55 my weight loss since Nov 14 2011

I did blow it just now. Son and I wanted to celebrate we managed to get the lease option payment off on time and oh yes... I have a clean bill of health from doc, etc.  ;D
A couple donuts..
Haven't been eating so much since after hysterectomy the 22nd...
Can't remember the last time I had donuts been a year or so...
- Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »
Still eating mainly the nutrisystem diet foods...
We are getting another supply in soon...

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »

I did blow it just now. Son and I wanted to celebrate we managed to get the lease option payment off on time and oh yes... I have a clean bill of health from doc, etc.  ;D
A couple donuts..
- Barb Townsend

Good for you!!!  I would say the "treat" was well deserved.  I seem to be at a standstill....Glad to hear "all" is well!!!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »

A couple donuts..
- Barb Townsend

Good for you!!!  I would say the "treat" was well deserved.  I seem to be at a standstill....Glad to hear "all" is well!!!

Good luck to you... I know you are working hard so maybe that will help too...
- Barb T.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »
24.15 is my total now, lost since Nov 14.
Lost less then a pound since I last reported; I guess it's been a couple days.
Not starving myself.
Still eating mainly nutrisystem. Son has made me a couple fruit berries and protein powder soymilk blender drinks past couple days.
Added prunes to my diet again.
After hysterectomy...found out I have to cut my activity down to about zero.
some things was trying to do cannot do not going to be able to do much...
Will have to watch what I eat being so sedentary now...I do (NOT) want to gain it all back. This is the lowest I have weighed for like seven years.
So far today just a bunch of coffee with low fat low sugar creamer, the fruit protein drink nutrisystem chili beans...very filling all that...
What I have got going for me...recent blood work:
I'm not diabetic, blood fat not so bad needs work but not so bad...
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:21:48 AM by Yowbarb »

cbeyer64

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »
I just wanted to say great job Barb!!!  Happy to hear you are sticking with your goal.  I am now in Minnesota, decided to move here and out of the U.S. Army.  I am settled in, but need to get finances in order.  I will probably join a gym here shortly.  I am not eating as much as I did when I was on base.  I eat about twice a day.  I feel myself loosing a bit of weight.  I might also get some weights for my arms for my apartment.  I like it here so far in Minnesota, people are friendly.  It feels different being a civilian again and a veteran.  Miss the Army a little since that is all I have known for the past five years.  I also liked parts of it too.  I did walk by Anytime Fitness gym and might join.  It is snowing here, cold and snow is on the ground.  We also have ice as well.  I see a lot of people running outside in this cold weather.  Not sure how they do it.  I will walk when it gets a bit warmer outside.  There are some hills around which is good.  I am near the Minneapolis area.  Hope all is well. 

Chandra
Chandra

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!