Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Protecting animals now - doing what we can...petitions, etc.  (Read 38333 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Protecting animals now - doing what we can...petitions, etc.
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »
And a really important one, IMO.

Petitioning Facebook
Ban violence against animals!
bettina bergener Germany

https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ban-violence-against-animals-6

I signed this...

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2016, 03:11:40 PM »
Thanks Barb!  :D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2016, 03:12:54 PM »
This is new. Got this in one of my emails. Haven't figured out how to use it yet...

http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=69725.0&dlv_id=106932

Apple and WWF have teamed up to help protect life on our planet through an initiative called Apps for Earth. From now until April 24, WWF will receive 100% of the proceeds from 27 participating apps in the App Store via both the purchases of any paid apps and the In-App Purchases created exclusively for the campaign.   

(Yowbarb Note: If you click this you can visit the App store.) Apparently connected with itunes
http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=69725.0&dlv_id=106932

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2017, 02:13:50 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Clik here to sign the petition.

https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/horse_blood_loc/?aafZolb

It’s straight out of a horror movie: hundreds of pregnant horses hooked up to blood-draining machines, some so weak they collapse and die. But we can stop this right now.

The industrial horse torture is driven by European pharmaceutical companies who use the blood to speed up factory farming! The EU has said it’s considering action, but so far nothing has happened.

No more horses need to die! Ministers are meeting next week -- let’s light a fire under the EU with a massive petition demanding they ban the abusive pregnant horse blood trade. Add your name to the petition below *with one click* and tell everyone: 

Click to sign the petition:  https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/horse_blood_loc/?bafZolb&signup=1&cl=11592158494&v=86482

To the EU Parliament, Commission, and Council:
We call on you to ban the import to Europe of any goods produced using techniques which are cruel and cause suffering to animals. As a world leader in animal welfare, Europe should apply its own standards to products it imports.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2018, 07:59:56 PM »
https://support.peta.org/page/4535/action/1?utm_source=PETA::E-Mail&utm_medium=E-News&utm_campaign=0218::viv::PETA::E-Mail::They%20Are%20Being%20Cut%20Up%20Starved%20and%20Tormented::::peta%20e-news&ea.url.id=41775

PETA won't stand for it and neither should you—it's your tax dollars that fund the torment of animals in laboratories.
Please let the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Department of Agriculture know that protections for animals in laboratories shouldn't be gutted and should, instead, be strengthened—and tell them that laboratories must be accountable and transparent to the public

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, but as we grow and learn, we hopefully are aware of how very aware and sentient all beings are, including non-humans:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/crayfish-amputated-own-claw-avoid-155750665.html
A Crayfish Amputated Its Own Claw to Avoid Being Boiled Alive in a Hotpot

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
Amazing story Ilinda.  Barb, I'm just now seeing your previous post, and must have missed it.  It was truly heartbreaking.  That primate research center, I discovered a while back by accident, was located near here deep in the heart of Amish country.  I only learned about it by spending a few hours reading in the archive section of the town library.  All of the research hospitals in Philly jointly operated that facility, and I don't know why it was shut down, but am so glad that it was.  Have driven along the road several times where it was once located, and only find Amish farms there now, thankfully.

That monkey that they were apparently torturing looked almost like a small child to me.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2018, 08:13:30 PM »
Amazing story Ilinda.  Barb, I'm just now seeing your previous post, and must have missed it.  It was truly heartbreaking.  That primate research center, I discovered a while back by accident, was located near here deep in the heart of Amish country.  I only learned about it by spending a few hours reading in the archive section of the town library.  All of the research hospitals in Philly jointly operated that facility, and I don't know why it was shut down, but am so glad that it was.  Have driven along the road several times where it was once located, and only find Amish farms there now, thankfully.

That monkey that they were apparently torturing looked almost like a small child to me.
Must have missed Barb's post and just now followed the link.  It was so awful seeing those tormented animals that I couldn't watch the entire thing.  I have to wonder how or why would anyone say that the experiments the Nazis did in Germany in the 30's and 40's were any worse? 

OMG, I surely hope there is such a thing as karma.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2018, 08:15:14 AM »
Definitely such thing as Poetic Justice, as the land which that facility was built on has now reverted to gentler use. 

Many prayers for the exorcism of the harm done in the past on those grounds, and for freedom of captive animals from being abused and tortured, for any reason.

May there be no such treatment of animals in the Aftertime.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2018, 11:21:49 AM »
Definitely such thing as Poetic Justice, as the land which that facility was built on has now reverted to gentler use. 

Many prayers for the exorcism of the harm done in the past on those grounds, and for freedom of captive animals from being abused and tortured, for any reason.

Amen.  May there no so cruelty or mistreatment of animals in the Aftertime.  As Marshall reminds us, from that channeling, "this chapter is theirs, but all chapters must eventually end."  The next chapter can be ours, but only if we take the initiative to regain sovereignty over ourselves, when the opportunities arise.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2018, 11:39:09 AM »
Absolutely!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, but as we grow and learn, we hopefully are aware of how very aware and sentient all beings are, including non-humans:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/crayfish-amputated-own-claw-avoid-155750665.html
A Crayfish Amputated Its Own Claw to Avoid Being Boiled Alive in a Hotpot
They are supposed to use the technique of bringing the water to a n extremely slow boil from ice cold water, inincrements and then it perishes without having the sensation of being boiled alive... I have not done that type of cooking but crawdads are a staple food and in future perhaps a found survival food...I hope people bring water to boil very slowly...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2018, 04:03:59 PM »

All we can do is postulate good things and pray...
in the old kosher rules of the Jews, animals are not to be mistreated...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »

They had techniques of killing and also I am sure people of many faiths agree, cruelty is not necessary...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »

They had techniques of killing and also I am sure people of many faiths agree, cruelty is not necessary...
Because crayfsh are not amphibians, they wouldn't experience the same thing as "the frog in the pan", would they?  At any rate, if I were going to eat a lobster or crayfish, I would never boil it alive, fast or slow.  If I felt compelled to kill one, I'd decapitate it--FAST.  Still, that does not seem very appealing.  I've never known a restaurant to bring a lobster to a boil very slowly.  The ones I've seen just plunk a living, thinking animal down into the rolling boil.  Yikes.

The Masai have a way of puncturing a cow to get a bit of arterial blood, then the wound heals, and the animal lives, and the tribesman gets some food for blood pudding or whatever use they have for the blood.  That kind of "meat" is more appealing to some of us.  In fact, I remember a co-worker years ago who talked about how they ate blood pudding when she was young, in southern Arkansas.  The blood for their blood pudding came from slaughtered animals, but if the Masai are still practicing their bloodletting, that is a sustainable source of animal protein.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY SMART AND DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

This book needs to be on your survival checklist because it offers a simple path for visioning, leading, and supervising the creation of an effective survival communications strategy.

Learn more...