Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: New Topic/ End of Times Depression  (Read 21005 times)

Lori

New Topic/ End of Times Depression
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »
The other day Daniel came home and told me that many kids at school are worrying over the possibility of WW3 beginning.  This has been the talk of Television and Radio programs and its effecting the most vulnerable, our youth. 

Many of kids are sensitive to what is happening and the media is not helping any.

This is a resource to help us as parents and caregivers with kids both spiritually and mentally. Many of the kids are indigos and they are going to have a harder time through these changes,

God Bless
Lori

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: New Topic/ End of Times Depression
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »
The other day Daniel came home and told me that many kids at school are worrying over the possibility of WW3 beginning.  This has been the talk of Television and Radio programs and its effecting the most vulnerable, our youth. 

Many of kids are sensitive to what is happening and the media is not helping any.

This is a resource to help us as parents and caregivers with kids both spiritually and mentally. Many of the kids are indigos and they are going to have a harder time through these changes,

God Bless
Lori

Lori, I agree probably a lot of our kids are Indigos... and already more sensitive...
I hope the schools are not pushing those buttons very much only so much the kids can do,
so best they not be exposed to it much...I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis -I was pretty young and in college.
I mean I was not so consciously scared at first, but after hearing about it from the more well -informed older "political type"
guy friends at school, then a couple of times realized I was terrified.

Blessings to you and yours,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:42:07 AM by Yowbarb »

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »
Remember when they used to scare us all the time about being attacked by Russia? AH the cold war!
 Even if it's not a conscoius thing, it makes you insecure. These poor kids, maybe only let them watch videos, no live TV anymore because of the sensationalism. 
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »
Remember when they used to scare us all the time about being attacked by Russia? AH the cold war!
 Even if it's not a conscoius thing, it makes you insecure. These poor kids, maybe only let them watch videos, no live TV anymore because of the sensationalism.

Linda I agree. It's good to be informed but at a young age nothing they can do but worry.
I managed to get ahold of newspapers and read stuff pretty young - but that was the 1950s. Nowadays,
in general - if the TV is not on they won't know one one hundredth of the bad stuff
that goes on. I think the adults should know but kids do not have to. Not til a little older...
- Yowbarb

Lori

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 05:52:23 AM »
I know.  I want to look at natural ways to help them.  I'm not interested in all these physiological meds they advertise.  I get tired of hearing if your feeling blue wound down, take this pill you'll feel better and half the time affects are worse then the main symptoms.

http://www.articlesbase.com/quit-smoking-articles/adolescent-depression-what-you-can-do-to-help-yourself-or-your-child-1537322.html

Adolescent Depression: What You Can Do To Help Yourself Or Your Child
Posted: Dec 03, 2009

Nature Made vitaminID

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 04:31:57 PM »
I think we all as parents have always done and will continue to do what is necessary for our children, yes? For me, I do not let the little ones watch the news in no way, no shape! I have a drill that I go through with the children about three times a week and they don't even know that it's a drill....bless their hearts. I am a strong Believer in the Most High God and so are the children, we pray together as a unit a lot!

What do I desire for the children.... is that their transition into the next life will be with as little pain, heartache and suffering as possible. I pray their little hearts be comforted and that they always have enough to eat. I pray that each and everyone of us adults guide them in the right direction and turn NOT ONE AWAY!! One of my favorite Bible sayings: But Jesus called them to him, saying,

Lori

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:18:30 AM »
My kids have been aware for the past 3 years.  Course both are teens.  My daughter is almost 20 and graduating from High School this year.  We are still making plans for her to go to college.  She has an interest in Forestry and Computer Graphics.  We're making plans, but also planning for what could happen as well.

Daniel is sensitive like me.  He knows something is getting ready to happen.

Both seem to be doing OK.  I think its because I've been preparing them for possible for several years now.  Which is a good thing.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
My kids have been aware for the past 3 years.  Course both are teens.  My daughter is almost 20 and graduating from High School this year.  We are still making plans for her to go to college.  She has an interest in Forestry and Computer Graphics.  We're making plans, but also planning for what could happen as well.

Daniel is sensitive like me.  He knows something is getting ready to happen.

Both seem to be doing OK.  I think its because I've been preparing them for possible for several years now.  Which is a good thing.

Lori I think it is good you are preparing them.
Maybe it is possible to find a middle ground -where they aren't exposed to news and so on
much at all, yet when they reach a certain age, starting to grow up they can be informed
that big changes could be ahead. I wish you all the best of luck. Important to try to keep
the kids at least nearby... so everyone can join in a group and work together..

Yowbarb

Lori

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 09:28:26 AM »
This is one way to get them through.  Allow them to have fun.  ;D :P 8)

YouTube - Facebook Inbox - ???Howard drum show!!! [HQ].mp4

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 11:26:21 AM »
Lori that little guy rocks out, haha
What an amazing little dudenik, indigo - crystal  - rainbow or
whoever he is very cool.
Yowbarb    8)     8)       8)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:35:50 AM by Yowbarb »

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 11:45:45 AM »
Lori, my husband and I both watched the video and loved it. My husband is a guitar player so he appreciated  that little musician a lot.

Linda
 8) 8) 8)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 05:26:08 AM »
I was thinking about this subject today due to the fact that I talked with a friend last night and her son is having depression issues, he is in early 20"s. I went through that with two of my children and found the most effective things were vitamin D, and exercise. I think young people are not outside enough, and of course in certain areas we lack sunshine in the winter months. Also both of these children carry their anxiety inwards which causes them a lot of stress. My son especially didn't want to talk about things that worry him, so more anxiety and stress, then depression. Young people certainly know that things are changing rapidly, they just may not be able to express it or cope with it.

Heck most adults can't cope with the changes and possibilities of the future let alone our kids.

Linda

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 10:55:16 AM »
Linda I hope your precious kiddos are OK now...
My oldest daughter went through something and I instinctively watched her pretty closesly for awhile... sometimes it is biochemical... best route is, as you said through nutrition and figuring it out.
Some people have a genetic disposition toward a B12 deficiency - I have one bro I need to help him test his blood. Completely overlooked by doctors. It causes a lot of what is considered Schizophrenia...
Also a thought if your bunch is the ancient Type O Blood - then exercise is even more needed...
Blessings,
Barb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 10:57:08 AM »
As you know also, many nutritional causes of depression...
I find that if I have enough iron and d etc. and alkaline forming foods and some sunshine
that really helps...

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
Interesting Barb, we are type O's and the ones of us that exercise feel better. Didn't associated that with blood types. We also have Celiac's that runs in the family, my sister has a very severe case, she can't touch anything with gluten in it. I am suspicious that my son might have a sensitivity but he chooses to ignore the symptoms so far. One of the main side effects of Celiacs is B12 deficiency due to inability to absorb their nutrients.

Linda

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!