Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Healing Ingredients  (Read 20735 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Healing Ingredients
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »
Hi Jim, I probably post too much so just wanted to do a brief list of some ingredients which I consider to be healing, and which I'm sure you know about. I have had personal experience with these.. more to come.

Note: The glass bottles and jars in the shelter would need to be packed securely with styrofoam, cardboard in between layers...
in case of earth movements. I plan to put stores like this in a cement box.
Just to kick it off: Here's a few of them

garlic ............................................fresh and also glass jars of minced garlic             
olive oil......................................... glass jars, keep fairly long
ghi or ghee (clarified butter)..............you can get in jars or canned
cayenne.........................................packaged herbs, in a tin
Louisiana Hot Sauce (has cayenne).....glass bottles

I'm sure there will be lots of ideas on the uses for the above.
Here's just an outline:

Garlic kills off candida and pinworms helps get rid of other parasites.
Garlic (if a person can tolerate it) can be chomped down on and the juices trickle down the back of the throat. I have gotton
rid of many a potentially bad throat infection doing this. If a person has a sore red throat and there is no erythromycin, etc.
available and not even Chloraseptic - then the garlic will definitely be needed.

Cayenne kills on contact : Many bacteria and viruses, candida and even cancer cells.
The Louisiana Hot Sauce (or cayenne powder) is one shortcut way to take it. This goes down easier than other hot sauces which
are more like chili. I just dump it on my food. I can take a teaspoonful to cut short any allergic bumps in my throat, or the start of wheezing or to clear my chest etc.
Cayenne powder can stop many hemorrhages, put right on the wound.  (Curing with Cayenne)
Cayenne powder many other uses...

Ghi, ghee or clarified butter has less waste in it than regular butter; nourishes and helps the liver to heal.
Ghi is good for the skin and helps attract nutrients and protect the skin.

Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat. It helps the liver and the body in general to get rid of the "bad fat." It can be drizzled on
top of grains, veges, bread, actually any meal. That's what the ancient Israelites and the middle eastern peoples and the
Mediterranean peoples used to do - ladle the oil on top of their food.
Well that's all for now...

- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:12:19 AM by Yowbarb »

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Healing Ingredients
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
I have cured tooth-aches with garlic.  Cut a very thin slice, wrap it it a narrow strip of cloth, put that poultice between the base of the aching tooth and the inside of the cheek or lip, and leave it there overnight.

Yellow onions are in the same category as garlic, but less strong and less odoriferous.

Here is another one: MINT  (excerpt from http://health.learninginfo.org/benefits-mint.htm):
"Mint is well known for its ability to sooth the digestive tract and reduce the severity and length of stomach aches. In addition, mint teas and other herbal preparations have shown great promise at easing the discomfort associated with irritable bowel syndrome, and even at slowing the growth of many of the most harmful bacteria and fungi. The well-documented antifungal properties of mint are thought to play a role in the treatment of asthma and many allergy conditions as well.  It is even thought that mint may have benefits as an anticancer food. Mint is known to contain a phytonutrient called perillyl alcohol, which has been shown in studies on animals to prevent the formation of colon, skin and lung cancer."

I have a booklet from herbalist  Shulze (www.herbdoc.com) that says that the four most important herbs to have on hand are garlic, cayenne, mint, and yellow onions (if I remember correctly).

Also:  cloves are antibiotic.  Add some ground clove to the garlic poultice for tooth ache.

Some time ago I posted a note that cilantro, raw or cooked, chelates metals and carries them out of of the body in urine.

Egg shell membrane extract is an anti-aging agent.  You can buy it in capsules, or you can get it for free by putting your egg shells in your boiling water for coffee or tea.  Throw in a few clove buds also to add flavor.

(More to come from me also)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
Jim I just learned a few new things from your post above!
Realy good stuff!

Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »
Jim
I forgot to mention my mom once took raw garlic sliced it thinly and put it on all my kid's warts.
Bandaged over that. They were up in the mountains for a visit. (Have no idea why they all had warts for a time -it was odd and I didn't have them...)

Anyway they came back and told me what Grandma had done and after she did that a couple of times no more warts!!

Also thanks for the tip about mint as an aid for asthma and anti cancer herb -didn't know that.
Well have a good weekend, all,
- Yowbarb

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 05:42:30 PM »
This is not a herb but Efoods a non GMO dehydrated food supplier has a buy 3 get one free sale going on until the 15Th of May it is healthy high quality food at a good price, and stores for 15 years and would be edible longer then that. A years worth of good food two cups three times a day for $2,249.85 I am not trying to push them well maybe a little, but if you are looking check it out. they do not pack a lot of garbage and sugars just to bulk it up. The only draw back for me it's vegetarian. I love meat being 0 negative blood type so I suggest a freeze dried meat supplier like mountain house to add meat here and there.
http://www.efoodsdirect.com/products/3month-buy-3-get-1-free.html

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 05:53:29 AM »
5-Cent Cure for Kidney Disease

Finally -- some great news for the 26 million people with chronic kidney disease! Because the problem is progressive and incurable, it can seem hopeless, but new research shows that a natural remedy that is safe, effective and costs just a few pennies a day can dramatically slow down kidney decline. What is it? Baking soda, believe it or not -- or, if you want to be technical, sodium bicarbonate.

Though it may well be the most medically important, this is hardly the first unconventional health-related use for this simple and inexpensive kitchen ingredient -- some swear by it as a remedy for acid indigestion, while others use baking soda to brush their teeth or in lieu of antiperspirant or to soothe rashes and skin eruptions. For people with chronic kidney disease (CKD), however, it is important to take this only under your doctor

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 06:51:34 AM »
Tomatoes. Research demonstrates that men who follow a diet high in the antioxidant compound lycopene have lower rates of prostate cancer -- and it is an important cancer fighter for women, too. Tomatoes are the most concentrated food source of lycopene, and cooked tomato products, such as tomato sauce and paste, are even better ways to get lycopene than raw tomatoes. Other good food sources of lycopene include apricots, guava, watermelon, papaya and pink grapefruit.

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:53:09 AM »
Anticancer Supplements
Vitamin D. Dr. Stengler told me that if he had to choose just one supplement to fight cancer, it would be vitamin D-3. Not only is it a potent immunity booster and inflammation fighter, it

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 07:10:16 AM »
Nathan, they are finding that low levels of vitamin D are involved in a lot of immune disorders as well, like MS. One of the theories is that we are staying out of the sun more, and using sunscreen all the time so are unable to make our own D from the sun. The irony is when people get skin cancer they generally have low vitamin D levels. Also in the northern states when there is less sunshine we are more susceptible to low D levels. I personally take 4000 IU of D3 in the winter months, and then lower in the summer. I also take a tsp of fish oil as well.

http://www.easy-immune-health.com/Vitamin-D-facts.html

Great post

Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 07:21:35 AM »
I take Flax seed every day but I have put away a lot of Vitamin D, I do not know how long it will store and still be good.

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 07:24:02 AM »
One more this is my post 100
Turmeric. Evidence suggests that this bright yellow antioxidant, which can be used on its own as a spice and is also an ingredient of Asian curry powder, helps suppress breast, colon and skin cancer. Curcumin, an active compound of turmeric, is anti-inflammatory and helps prevent new blood vessel growth (angiogenesis) associated with cancer tumors. Up to 3 grams per day of turmeric is considered safe.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »
One more this is my post 100
Turmeric. Evidence suggests that this bright yellow antioxidant, which can be used on its own as a spice and is also an ingredient of Asian curry powder, helps suppress breast, colon and skin cancer. Curcumin, an active compound of turmeric, is anti-inflammatory and helps prevent new blood vessel growth (angiogenesis) associated with cancer tumors. Up to 3 grams per day of turmeric is considered safe.

1969Quartz0
Thanks for posting this. Will try to get some.  I hate to say this, but my daughter will have to watch out.
Her paternal grandmother passed away from breast cancer fairly young. In our family we don't seem to get this.
A lot of women nowadays seem to have the misfortune to get breast or ovarian cancer... will see if I can get tumeric.
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:32:27 AM »
PS for what it's worth, my mother and I and my two daughters who have kids - we all breast fed
our babies for a good long time. I read recently this affords a lot of protection from the breast cancer...
Just mentioning this because the idea of breast feedingt seems to be something that needs to be promoted. There's always some bozo doctoer who either discourages it or doesn't provide the necessary info.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
I take Flax seed every day but I have put away a lot of Vitamin D, I do not know how long it will store and still be good.

I used to take flaxseed oil but dropped it out. Back when I was taking it I had less pain in my bones.
I am now on flax meal  a good fresh variety we got in a bulk jar we refrigerate it and put it into our
Vitamix fruit and veg drink. Thinking the flax oil would be good to take again. I recommend it.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 10:36:21 AM »
Everyone please refer back to 1969 Quartz0's posts about baking soda and also the one on
cooked tomato products for lycopene. Valuable,

- Yowbarb

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!