Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Womens survival site  (Read 9778 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Womens survival site
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 05:56:21 AM »
http://thesurvivalmom.com/

A few brief words about fear

Courage is not the lack of fear but the ability to face it.”
    —- Lt. John B. Putnam Jr. (1921-1944)

"Fear gets a bad rap.  As little children we’re told, “Don’t be afraid.” The worst possible insult for a  young boy is being called, “scaredy cat.”  And yet, if it weren’t for a bit of fear, how many men would voluntarily go to the doctor for a prostate exam?  Fear of being fired from a job pushes us out of a warm bed on a cold, dark morning.  It’s that little bit of fear that says, “If I don’t do what I fear, maybe something worse will happen.”  Very often, it’s fear that
fear A few brief words about fear

image by Jimee, Jackie, Tom & Asha

prods us into taking helpful and positive action.

When you read the headlines, and there have been some doozies lately, you’ve probably felt fear.  The future of America, and our families, has never been less secure, and the world seems to be coming apart, from Europe to the Middle East.  But if you’re reading this blog, no doubt you faced that fear, looked it in the eye, and said, “I’m going to do everything in my power to provide for, protect, and nurture my family.”

What you’re full of is courage, not fear.

I’m not saying that I never feel fear.  I do, and on a regular basis.  But it’s not the feeling of fear that’s harmful.  It’s wallowing in it.  Refusing to get out of bed in the morning; neglecting home, family, and responsibilities because you’re frozen in a cowering position.

Survival Moms do not cower! We feel the fear, let it settle in, knowing it’s just a temporary visitor, and then brush it off.  Once we’re past the fear, we can dangle it in front of us, look it over, analyze it, and then take action.  Our kids, husbands, and other loved ones deserve a strong Survival Mom, and just in case you’ve been feeling that maybe you’re not quite measuring up, trust me.  You’re doing just fine.

You know what to do.  Even the smallest baby steps add up over time to significant measures, each step bringing your family closer to being prepared for whatever comes."

© 2011, thesurvivalmom. All rights reserved.
Be Sociable, Share!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 05:59:14 AM »
Update: Instant Survival Tips from the SurvivalMom site,
Yowbarb
............................................................................................
http://thesurvivalmom.com/category/instant-survival-tips/

INSTANT SURVIVAL TIP: Super-cheap medical supplies

I hit the jackpot this last weekend, and it was a pretty big one.  My kids and I were doing the estate/garage sale route, and one of the estate sales we visited had a huge amount of medical supplies at rock bottom prices.  When I saw boxes of latex exam gloves for a dollar a box, I grabbed them all!  Also on the shelf were boxes of bandaids, sterile gauze pads, rolls of adhesive and gauze tape, and antibiotic ointment packets.  In all, I spent $8 and left with a ton of supplies for our first aid kits!

Very often, elderly patients receiving in-home care accumulate supplies just like these.  They’re perfectly good, sometimes come in never-opened packages, and are a quick and easy way to stock up. You also may find stethoscopes, thermometers, heating pads, and a lot more.  Keep an eye out for estate sales, in particular, especially if you live near a retirement community.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 06:02:47 AM »
In this article below, B.O.B doesn't mean "bed and breakfast,"
it means bug out bag.
- Yowbarb

http://thesurvivalmom.com/2011/06/15/instant-survival-tip-a-germ-killing-must-have-for-your-b-o-b/

INSTANT SURVIVAL TIP: A Germ Killing Must-Have for your B.O.B.

Recently, I bought an E-Cloth after learning how it could help keep my house more sanitary.  It’s a pretty amazing invention, a microfiber towel that has been proven to remove 99% of bacteria from hard surfaces using only water.  It’s been great using it in the kitchen, but I think it’s also something worth packing in Bug Out Bags (B.O.B.).

First, there is no need to also pack cleaning solutions and chemicals.  As long as you have access to water, the E-Cloth’s impressive bacteria-killing properties go to work.

Second, the E-Cloth saves money on the purchase of cleaning products, and the E-Cloth itself lasts for 300 washings!

e cloth INSTANT SURVIVAL TIP: A Germ Killing Must Have for your B.O.B.Third, you never know where you’ll be when you pull out that Bug Out Bag.  It’s likely that sanitation won’t be the primary concern, and yet you’ll want to protect your family from exposure to invisible bacteria.  You’ll be able to clean surfaces at campgrounds and even FEMA shelters!

There is a surprisingly large array of E-Cloths, including one for the bathroom.  Keep one with your vehicle’s First Aid Kit, Bug Out Bags, and yes, one in the kitchen and bath!

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 07:02:38 AM »
http://thesurvivalmom.com/

A few brief words about fear

Courage is not the lack of fear but the ability to face it.”
    —- Lt. John B. Putnam Jr. (1921-1944)

"Fear gets a bad rap.  As little children we’re told, “Don’t be afraid.” The worst possible insult for a  young boy is being called, “scaredy cat.”  And yet, if it weren’t for a bit of fear, how many men would voluntarily go to the doctor for a prostate exam?  Fear of being fired from a job pushes us out of a warm bed on a cold, dark morning.  It’s that little bit of fear that says, “If I don’t do what I fear, maybe something worse will happen.”  Very often, it’s fear that
fear A few brief words about fear

image by Jimee, Jackie, Tom & Asha

prods us into taking helpful and positive action.

When you read the headlines, and there have been some doozies lately, you’ve probably felt fear.  The future of America, and our families, has never been less secure, and the world seems to be coming apart, from Europe to the Middle East.  But if you’re reading this blog, no doubt you faced that fear, looked it in the eye, and said, “I’m going to do everything in my power to provide for, protect, and nurture my family.”

What you’re full of is courage, not fear.

I’m not saying that I never feel fear.  I do, and on a regular basis.  But it’s not the feeling of fear that’s harmful.  It’s wallowing in it.  Refusing to get out of bed in the morning; neglecting home, family, and responsibilities because you’re frozen in a cowering position.

Survival Moms do not cower! We feel the fear, let it settle in, knowing it’s just a temporary visitor, and then brush it off.  Once we’re past the fear, we can dangle it in front of us, look it over, analyze it, and then take action.  Our kids, husbands, and other loved ones deserve a strong Survival Mom, and just in case you’ve been feeling that maybe you’re not quite measuring up, trust me.  You’re doing just fine.

You know what to do.  Even the smallest baby steps add up over time to significant measures, each step bringing your family closer to being prepared for whatever comes."

Be Sociable, Share!

Thanks Barb for sharing this!  Very inspirational, timely and true!!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 02:03:41 PM »
I like that...  :)

NativeMom72

• Global Moderator
  • ...just Breathe...
Re: Women's survival sites
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »
Here are two more sites I would like to add:

Untrained Housewife

Untrained Housewife empowers active parents who want to develop a more self-sufficient lifestyle with how-tos, real-life advice, and honest views of modern work-from-home advice. 100 active contributors means daily content with a variety of ages and views represented. Untrained Housewife is open to working with select brands and companies that are a good fit for our family-friendly, making-life-happen philosophy.

http://www.untrainedhousewife.com/

MomPrepares

The Mission of MomPrepares
To educate and encourage women to be prepared for life’s unforeseen circumstances. Be it a severe storm, natural disaster, economic downturn or loss of income. MomPrepares in the place to learn how to keep your family safe, fed and healthy.
Our topics include Homesteading, Animal Husbandry, Gardening, Kitchen Tips and Recipes, Food Preservation, Emergency Preparedness and more!

http://www.momprepares.com/

These are some great sites and they have some great tips to offer-- I have signed up for their newsletters so as not to miss a beat!

~pB
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.”
― Miyamoto Musashi  (1584 –1645)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Women's survival sites
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 09:09:46 AM »
Here are two more sites I would like to add:

Untrained Housewife

Untrained Housewife empowers active parents who want to develop a more self-sufficient lifestyle with how-tos, real-life advice, and honest views of modern work-from-home advice. 100 active contributors means daily content with a variety of ages and views represented. Untrained Housewife is open to working with select brands and companies that are a good fit for our family-friendly, making-life-happen philosophy.

http://www.untrainedhousewife.com/

MomPrepares

The Mission of MomPrepares
To educate and encourage women to be prepared for life’s unforeseen circumstances. Be it a severe storm, natural disaster, economic downturn or loss of income. MomPrepares in the place to learn how to keep your family safe, fed and healthy.
Our topics include Homesteading, Animal Husbandry, Gardening, Kitchen Tips and Recipes, Food Preservation, Emergency Preparedness and more!

http://www.momprepares.com/

These are some great sites and they have some great tips to offer-- I have signed up for their newsletters so as not to miss a beat!

~pB

Untrained housewife and momprepares - those sound like great sites. I will be subscribing too.
pbutter, thanks for posting.  ;)
- Yowbarb

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

Buying radio technology you need but do not understand is a big impediment to creating an affordable consumer (CB/SSB CB/FRS/GMRS) and amateur (MF/HF/VHF/UHF) two-way radio survival network. Learn more...