Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: What would better a person's odds of surviving an emergency?  (Read 21557 times)

MadMax

Re: What would better a person's odds of surviving an emergency?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2018, 03:56:13 PM »
Low-tech transportation tools for the prepper: Do you have a wagon, wheelbarrow or yard cart?

http://bugout.news/2018-02-13-low-tech-transportation-tools-for-the-prepper-do-you-have-a-wagon-wheelbarrow-or-yard-cart.html

When SHTF, do you have an efficient way of carrying your supplies? Have you considered getting a wagon or a yard cart as a form of manual transportation? Anything with wheels can help you carry things. Don’t forget that as a prepper, you also need to get ready for when you have to move your gear and supplies from one location to another.

Don’t make the mistake of solely relying on anything motorized because you might run out of fuel. Get something you can pedal, pull, push, or roll easily. Heavy supplies like water will be easier to carry with a wagon, so get something with wheels. (h/t to ModernSurvivalBlog.com.)

Uses for manual transportation when SHTF

When disaster strikes, you’ll need an easy way to transport water to your home or shelter. If you have a bicycle, yard cart, wagon, or a wheelbarrow, it will be easier to carry gallons of water.

A simple cart or wagon can let you transport five-gallon jugs of water, even if you’re alone. That’s 40 pounds overall since one gallon is eight pounds! You can use carts for other things, but when SHTF, hauling water will be easier with a wagon or two.

Max.

Yowbarb

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2019, 03:40:50 PM »
Low-tech transportation tools for the prepper: Do you have a wagon, wheelbarrow or yard cart?

http://bugout.news/2018-02-13-low-tech-transportation-tools-for-the-prepper-do-you-have-a-wagon-wheelbarrow-or-yard-cart.html

When SHTF, do you have an efficient way of carrying your supplies? Have you considered getting a wagon or a yard cart as a form of manual transportation? Anything with wheels can help you carry things. Don’t forget that as a prepper, you also need to get ready for when you have to move your gear and supplies from one location to another.

Don’t make the mistake of solely relying on anything motorized because you might run out of fuel. Get something you can pedal, pull, push, or roll easily. Heavy supplies like water will be easier to carry with a wagon, so get something with wheels. (h/t to ModernSurvivalBlog.com.)

Uses for manual transportation when SHTF

When disaster strikes, you’ll need an easy way to transport water to your home or shelter. If you have a bicycle, yard cart, wagon, or a wheelbarrow, it will be easier to carry gallons of water.

A simple cart or wagon can let you transport five-gallon jugs of water, even if you’re alone. That’s 40 pounds overall since one gallon is eight pounds! You can use carts for other things, but when SHTF, hauling water will be easier with a wagon or two.

Max.

MadMax, excellent and very practical ideas,
thank you.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2019, 06:10:54 AM »
Have tried all three of those methods, and find the yard cart with two bicycle wheels to be the easiest to handle, by far:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:35:52 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2019, 09:43:05 AM »
Max, I couldn't agree more about the need for non-motorized cart, wagon, or anything on wheels or skids that can carry considerable weight and/or bulk, but roll or move easily along the terrain.

If and when there were a huge CME or Solar Flash, all but the antique vehicles would be rendered inoperable.  I would suggest trying to haul some weight in both types:  things you pull such as a wagon, and things you push, such as wheelbarrow.

The interesting thing about things you push, is that you usually need two hands to guide/steer, whereas when pulling a cart or wagon, the person can at times pull with one hand and open a gate with the other.  It is food for thought--try using each to haul the same amount of cargo and see which feels better.

Yowbarb

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »
Have tried all three of those methods, and find the yard cart with two bicycle wheels to be the easiest to handle, by far:

R.R. this is good to know...
Thks

Yowbarb

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2019, 09:53:35 PM »
Max, I couldn't agree more about the need for non-motorized cart, wagon, or anything on wheels or skids that can carry considerable weight and/or bulk, but roll or move easily along the terrain.

If and when there were a huge CME or Solar Flash, all but the antique vehicles would be rendered inoperable.  I would suggest trying to haul some weight in both types:  things you pull such as a wagon, and things you push, such as wheelbarrow.

The interesting thing about things you push, is that you usually need two hands to guide/steer, whereas when pulling a cart or wagon, the person can at times pull with one hand and open a gate with the other.  It is food for thought--try using each to haul the same amount of cargo and see which feels better.

ilinda, that is a really good point, best to have a pull cart which is balanced so a person could use one hand to do something like open a gate or who knows,

ilinda

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »
I run into this problem all the time here on the farm with animals.  I may be pushing a wheelbarrow loaded with hay or whatever, and am racing to a gate to get there before a couple of free-range goats catch up to me, and would have much better luck, and could work faster if I were pulling a cart full of hay, and undoing the gate latch at the same time.

As it is, I have to put down the wheelbarrow, reach over and undo latch, etc., etc. In thinking about this, I'm betting it takes about 2X the amount of time using a wheelbarrow, compared to cart, when trying to negotiate a closed, latched gate.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW