Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Mental Fitness during end-time and after-time  (Read 13056 times)

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Mental Fitness during end-time and after-time
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 02:44:07 PM »
Barb, I am so pleased to see that there is a board certified practitioner who is skilled in targeting this difficult illness with nutrition.
I second that.  It is good to see that there are M.D.'s who are not treating, as a first option, with BigPharma drugs, but instead looking at the biochemistry of their nutritional status.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2019, 08:40:43 AM »
I came across Cal Newport who has acquired expertise in the psychology of electronic interaction, arriving at it not from a background in psychology but from the field of electronics.  Though minus the psych background, he is highly sought out for his counter-cultural stance on breaking away from social media in an era in which everyone seems to be connected electronically.

His original intent was to learn how people can develop better concentration in order to be more creative and productive at whatever they do, and in the process discovered that social media "check-ins" were breaking people's stride at the rate of about every 10 minutes, such that just when they were needing deep concentration in order to complete a difficult task, they were being distracted.  This results in a constant accumulation of what he calls "attention residue," meaning that once an outside topic is even briefly focused upon, a larger lag time than imagined is necessary in order to fully refocus upon the task at hand.

So Newport began pursuing statistics on what social media is doing to people in general, and became alarmed at the rate of hospitalizations due to suicide attempts and anxiety over something which was supposed to be a tool and a pleasant pastime, specifically targeting mobile phones as the culprit, which the mobile aps and social media venues have spent a good deal of research to hook folks into.  He even more specifically became concerned about what these modern ways of communicating are doing to our young people, who have been immersed in technology since birth, and have been conditioned to Pavlovian responses to electronic approvals such as "likes" and "views" to the point of subordinating perhaps their entire sense of self worth to social media.

At a little past 30:00, he begins describing this problem in detail, and prescribes a means to break free from it.

Granted, social media facilitates contact of some geographically scattered families in the modern world, and such connection is not the target of his focus, and neither is the Internet blamed or devalued.

Perhaps this is more of an end-time topic than an Aftertime one, and perhaps the Aftertime will provide the deep electronic de-tox that many of us need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKQHRfh2mA  @ around 30:15

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:34:28 PM by R.R. Book »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 09:18:15 AM »
Back in the early 1970s I scouted around and found a clinic that specialized fully on balancing the brain chemistry, solely with nutrition. No psychiatric stuff, no evaluations and mumbo jumbo and theories just science.

At the time I found three things which would have helped my youngest bro Neil, who had a shizophrenic epidodes beginning in his twenties. Since he turned down the one I really wanted him to try, which my parents would have paid for, I found the nutritional brain chemistry one. I thought, why not surely he would try it, but no.
Background to this, as a child Neil was almost like a little animal and not functioning well, interacting with people.
He was victimized once or twice, as can happen with isolated, confused young kids if no one is really looking out for them. That certainly did not help him. At the same time he has this big b___ of a teacher who decided to scapegoat him. Special place in hell for her. I heard about this, but at age 13 and being fairly neurotic, i seemed powerless to help my bro.

In high school years my bro and I finally bonded having long conversations, up in Colorado during vacations. It's like I felt, I was the first one he conversed with.....We developed an affinity and studied some high school classwork to get such as geology and history summer school. By his early twenties, My bro had a few friends, had got some college, was very creative, visual arts, innovative sculpture and musical was working and not doing so badly but someone drugged him with LSD laced with strychnine - Earlier, before I quit, we had smoked pot and hash together like I did with my other bro, but I had CAUTIONED him to never take heavy drugs.
But after someone targeted him ( I believe) and drugged him, he had an episode, suddenly pulled some weird stuff and from that point on some jail, prison and also psychiatric influence and drugs in his life. Then so much of it was out of my hands...
That is very common for that to start in Caucasian males in their twenties, I mean that 's when it often manifests.
Unfortunately my brother did want to accept my parents help they were prepared to pay many thousands of dollars to help him with the three programs I found.

So my now bro is doing fairly well, considering he has been stuck on psychiatric drugs for decades. He is on really powerful stuff and if goes off of it he falls apart. He has had a couple breaks but I am in close contact with him, take him shopping etc. He is fairly high functioning for his age and the amount of drugs pumped into him.

It took me many many decades to figure out but (I believe) my bro is on the autism spectrum manifesting as Asbergers. Being on the spectrum can cause the person to become so frustrated, alone and unable to function socially that they do have psychotic breaks. Scuse me for using psych terms, it is a common language many people use, definitions, even though in general I do not like the psychiatric field. I have other alnguages, technologies I know of, which actually work and not posting here.

Since I figured out one underlying problem is Asbergers, Neil was born with a different kind of brain and perceptions - I have changed my operating basis with my bro, talk at him far less, listen more, I try to keep things calm, etc.  He was born with an IQ several points above mine, multi talented, really an amazing person in many ways... but his life has been damaged partly by being ignored, victimized, thoughtless teachers, being targeted and etc.  I am not so in favor of psychiatrists but perhaps the programs to help Asbergers people understand their surrounding better would have helped him at an early age.

When he had his mental break in the 1970s he became very religious but he sort of half-invented sort of an oddball and way overly strict way of thinking and I feel sort of prevented him from starting to live... THAT SAID, he has a genuine, exalted religious, spiritual ability all his own and his prayer (yes) often works. I see him sort of as one of the Saints of Old, incarnated into perhaps a damaged body, afflicted, damaged but with a wonderful sense of humor at times, and a spiritual ability that can just about raise the dead... but he cannot seem to help himself, not to the degree he wants. I need to remember to pray for him... much more... Feel free, please to pray for my brother Neil.

Currently my bro has a high degree of independence in an assisted living (sorta, not officially) home with other men... Their laundry is done and dinners prepared, a FACT (mental health team assists by delivering the meds and talking to them and taking them shopping, if needed - actually a pretty good group for a bunch of shrinks, they want to help. So I strive to have good relationship with those psychs, just minor interaction... but I am polite. No time to battle now, other than to let them know, EYES ON THEM.
They know they cannot just do (anything to him.) My three local daughters and I had to "go to bat for Neil" or they would have sent him up to the State looney farm a few years ago. we had to do battle. So he lives half hour away not up by the Georgia line, thank god.
Neil is getting on in years.
But a strong body. Much better health than mine, except for whatever inborn afflictions and the problem of being on all the drugs. He is hanging in ther.e Neil is able to walk up to the store even the local Mall... I see him and take him for more major shopping etc. and he comes to most of the family gatherings.
Well the point is I had found the brain chemistry (forgot the name of the discipline I had found) but I wish he had tried it or one of the other programs I found...
May the Lord Bless him and grant him many good years and remove the spiritual part of the affliction...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:42:19 AM by Yowbarb »

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 01:21:43 PM »
Amen.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us Barb.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »
Wow, Barb, that was an eye-opening tale.  You've touched on his issues before, but this time you gave us a sort of chronology.  I'm sure a lot of us will be praying for Neil, and for improving or stabilizing his condition, and that he be happy.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 03:13:50 PM »
Wow, Barb, that was an eye-opening tale.  You've touched on his issues before, but this time you gave us a sort of chronology.  I'm sure a lot of us will be praying for Neil, and for improving or stabilizing his condition, and that he be happy.

ilinda, thank you,
Not sure why I felt I had to share this, maybe the info will help someone else...?
I think in the Aftertimes, when there are no psychiatrists, if there is a child or adult who seems to be on the autism spectrum, (to use the psych term) there might be some things to help the person.
1)  A calm environment as much as possible.
2)  Structure, schedule and let the child decide on some of that.
3)  At times really trying to help the person confront other people I mean be able to look them in the face and converse.
4) Maybe some kind of practical teaching or instruction, since they are often bright so maybe they would actually remember what is being said.
5) One thing which does NOT work is bullying, being forceful, punitive.
At any rate, God spared my bro from becoming a murderer, I do think it helped that he began to have me to talk to when we were teens. Some common interests and summer school classes. he was also a good student and bright.

I mentioned he was abused victimized by an adult in the empty schoolground.
He also had a verbally abusive, scapegoating type of school teacher.
He also must have got on our Mom's last nerve, because she did hit him a lot, I do remember. All that was up to about age 4-5 then I do not remember him getting spanked after that. A toddler is basically too young to spank...

The Asberger teen, son of a teacher who went in and massacred his mother and several students, teachers, well his mother was seen being pretty harsh with him. A couple days before he went in with weapons and started firing.
The teen's mother told him he was going to be "sent away from the family to a facility."
The conversation was overhead and later reported to the news after the mother was killed.

Being "sent away" was supposed to happen very soon after he was brought to a barbershop and his mother forced him to have his longish hair buzzed off, which he hated, and felt humiliated by, all the while she is verbally abusing him (sounded like it to me from the description.) This was in some in-depth news coverage. Well he murdered his mother and many others.

I do not feel much physical corporal punishment is wise, especially mother to son. This can lead to some pretty bad consequences as the child gets older. I am sure it is not easy raising such a son, sorry to tell tales but I remember a a very young child my brother was always getting spanked. I must have been about 4 he was 1 1/2 -2. i do not remember hearing anything actually coherent come out of his mouth when he was young, like before six. Not much of a connection with him at the time, but I remember, as young as I was it did not seem right, always seeing my mother spank him.
Thankfully my bro never seriously hurt someone but he did eventually hurt someone when he was in his twenties and started shoeing signs of schizophrenia.

He started to show signs of (what leads to becoming a murderer) as a young preteen or teen.
At the time I did not know what all that meant. I was astounded, never saw it coming but powerless to do anything. I was about 13.
He took some darts and killed some of our next door neighbor's pigeons.
My best friend, and the pigeons were prized pigeons of her oldest brother.

Some signs to look out for/behaviors to avoid on the part of a caregiver or parent:
If a (boy particularly) has hit a lot by the mother
If he has a bed wetting history and
(I'm assuming) physically punished for that, would make it worse
If the boy kills little animals
then watch out, you may have a murderer in your survival group soon. So watch for those signs and even more importantly do not allow the boy to be verbally or physically abused in the first place.
Easier said than done. Spare the rod, spoil the child, is the philosophy of a lot of people and it is difficult to control what they do in their own families.
In reality, physical punishment just adds to the potential insanity of a child, which can manifest in the future if there is already something different or wrong with his brain or his perception.

I only have one son, my youngest. I went out of my way to not hit him, sure he got a couple swats but no, that was very rare. I knew he would grow up to be a big, tall strong Irish-German maybe NA and who knows what else but I figure he would have the family temper.
I really, really restrained myself from hitting him. Oddly enough he did not bring it out in me ...
I also communicated to him (NEVER) physically hurt a woman.
Cautioned him about giving in to his temper when being taunted etc. by boys.
He defended himself but is not physically violent and also than the Lord not on the spectrum... at least if he is it is not extreme... he is multi talented, intelligent, moody on and off, has friends, perhaps some traits as do I but he is far better socially adjusted than I am, thank God.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:27:41 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »
Amen.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us Barb.

R.R. thanks...

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2019, 03:48:38 PM »
He seems very well adjusted to me, as well as absolutely adorable.

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2019, 06:41:40 PM »
In reading about how your/Neil's mother hit him so much until he was about 4 or 5, makes one wonder if he was unwanted?  There must be some reason she hit him, but not you. 

On a related note, my older sister has complained all her life about all the horrible whippings she received as a child, and how she never deserved them, but truthfully I don't recall more than a couple of times Mom whipped her and it wasn't anything like abuse.  Funny thing, I remember about every whipping I received and I deserved ALL of them, plus deserved some whippiings I never even received! 

Did your mother ever say anything to you after you were older, as to why she targeted Neil so much?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2019, 11:01:11 PM »
He seems very well adjusted to me, as well as absolutely adorable.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 11:07:11 PM »
In reading about how your/Neil's mother hit him so much until he was about 4 or 5, makes one wonder if he was unwanted?  There must be some reason she hit him, but not you. 

On a related note, my older sister has complained all her life about all the horrible whippings she received as a child, and how she never deserved them, but truthfully I don't recall more than a couple of times Mom whipped her and it wasn't anything like abuse.  Funny thing, I remember about every whipping I received and I deserved ALL of them, plus deserved some whippiings I never even received! 

Did your mother ever say anything to you after you were older, as to why she targeted Neil so much?

Hi ilinda, I can relate to what you are saying, yes sometimes a whipping (doesn't have to be very hard) does impinge on a person, and sometimes it is deserved.
I do realize it is really subjective, a person's early childhood memories. I think it was a specific time period when he was about 1 1/2 - 3 1/2 and I do remember her spanking him a lot. I recall every time I saw her and him she was giving him a swat and even at that young age, I thought well what could he have done at that young age to be spanked. I know it sounds far fetched but that is exactly what I thought. My memory track is long and I was very verbal and I recall some of my thoughts...
She used to hit me too, it was a thing she went through and then seemed to stop, perhaps great stress... World war II was not that far behind in the rear view mirror and she had lost her only sibling and then her firstborn died, (heart). I feel the moves and changes and then having a fourth child to care for, and no I do not think he was planned.
I do not feel she really wanted me either, I was the only girl though so she had some degree of appreciation and told me how pretty I was. But I got on her nerves too..
Well, I had promised myself not to dwell on negativity, it wasn't easy for them to have five children, lose the first one then, I think for her it was just too many children... years later she was like an angel how she helped me with my children and how she appreciated her grandkids...

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2019, 05:23:37 AM »
Back in the early 1970s I scouted around and found a clinic that specialized fully on balancing the brain chemistry, solely with nutrition.

That is very remarkable, as professional literature on that topic scarcely existed even in the 1990's when I wrote my thesis on CNS nutrition-based therapy for bi-polar disorder.  I could find only three clinical trials on Medline at the time, which is a very scant number to base a thesis upon.  Also had to break some institutional rules in order even to get my hands on copies of those studies from the archives of Villanova, U. Penn, etc.

One of the three studies focused upon the mental health degradation side of Pellegra, suggesting indirectly that B3 could be a target therapy, which I proposed be delivered in its -amide form for the slow, steady effect that avoids the "niacin flush" of nicotinic acid (common B3).  There are other potentially more bio-active forms of the vitamin now that are even more promising.

Interestingly, the trial mentioned above noted that those who suffer from diagnosable Pellegra frequently have a skin disorder of some sort accompanying it, such as eczema, etc.  And since eczema is now believed to be connected to an inflammatory response to something introduced into the diet, it could well be that we arrive back at the need to detox from our modern food processing methods.

Will share anecdotally that I also have an affected younger brother, and had put him on 500 mg slow niacin (niacinamide) daily, and he indeed went from a near-vegetative state to being able to complete his associate degree.  He lived about 3000 miles away from me at the time, so I mailed the supplement to him and sent funds to his local grocery store in order to ensure adequate nutrition during the worst of his illness.

If I were ever to go back and work on another thesis, it might be worthwhile to look into anti-inflammatory essential oils as a therapeutic means of addressing marginal Pellegra with mental health symptoms.  Black currant seed oil comes to mind as a possibility, and am sure you all could think of others.

Fortunately, 24 years after my thesis was completed with a dearth of trials available, the NIH is now swamped with data on this very subject.  So your CNS nutrition clinic was well ahead of its time!  :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:17:01 AM by R.R. Book »

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW