Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Video: When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine  (Read 3480 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Video: When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
Part of The Survival Summit going on. This free, good until 0900 PST, tomorrow

http://thesurvivalsummit.com/when-the-medicine-is-gone-how-to-use-herbal-medicine-as-a-replacement-for-many-drugs-prescription-medications/

When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine As A Replacement For Many Drugs & Prescription Medications

Sam Coffman

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Video: When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »
REMINDER: Only about 45 minutes left to view a Survival Summit video, free Day 4.
I advise, use the link below. Manually advance the video time bar, skip the interviewers entirely, get the main points. That's what I am about to do.

DAY # 4 of free presentations from The Survival Summit

http://thesurvivalsummit.com/day-4/

I recommend viewing:  http://thesurvivalsummit.com/when-the-medicine-is-gone-how-to-use-herbal-medicine-as-a-replacement-for-many-drugs-prescription-medications/

When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine As A Replacement For Many Drugs & Prescription Medications

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
Apparently if you started a video before the cutoff point (noon EST) the video will play on. I hope some of you watched it... Getting some good info...

Sam Coffman
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:41:03 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
Day #4 of the Survival Summit is over. This video not available, not past 0900 PST,
I will post up some screen capture posts. ALSO:

For more info go to  Sam Coffman's site:  The Human Path  http://thehumanpath.com/

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 05:37:33 PM »
This is a little story about a skin condition I had last year that I healed on my own.  Not liking to go to allopathic doctors, I decided to self-treat.
Initially I did not remember using any herbs when I mentioned this to yowbarb, but upon looking at my detailed notes, I found I DID use herbal medicine.  Here's my story:

On around June 20, 2013, I awoke and saw a huge swath of red, swollen tissue in a band formation on my left arm, more on the inner arm about half-way between elbow and wrist.  By the end of the day it was in blisters.   I assumed it was poison ivy as I work outdoors in the garden a lot, and am outside with the goats as well.  Since these lesions never itched but continued to "get worse", I decided it was not poison ivy as I have NEVER had poison ivy that did not itch.

Over the course of 7 or more days, the lesions continued to evolve, and I began to search the internet, and decided I possibly had flesh-eating bacterial infection on my skin.  I thought back to what could have touched the previously unbroken skin, and did remember I had gone to the river with some friends a day or two prior to first noticing the lesions, and I held and carried several bags and other containers with that left arm, and the lesions arose where I had held the items.

After scouring the internet I compiled a list of the signs and symptoms that I had and they matched most of those of flesh-eating bacterial infection or more correctly,  necrotizing fascitis due to bacterial infection.  The symptoms include: PAIN, SWELLING, REDNESS, BLISTERS, ULCERATION, SKIN BECOMES PURPLE, SKIN TEMPERATURE ELEVATED, and RED STREAKS emanating from the lesions.  I had all of these and notice that itching is not listed, nor did I have it.  It hurt so bad I felt like someone had held my arm to a hot stove.  After a few days the largest blister broke; the redness increased, and eventually the pain began to subside.  One of the larger areas had ulcerated to the point of resembling a volcanic crater, and that is when I decided I'd better treat this.  I carefully studied the signs and symptoms and because I did not have the nausea and vomiting, indicating a systemic infection, I decided to self treat.

Looking in Stephen H. Buhner's book, HERBAL ANTIBIOTICS, I decided to take Usnea tea.  I went walking and found some within a short time as I'm already familiar with it and know it is usually seen on Honey Locust trees, and some others, but I can usually easily find it on the H. Locust.  In addition to the Usnea tea, I had already been taking extra cod liver oil (for the extra vitamin D), extra raw yogurt, as well as aloe vera and honey.  Everything I took was internal, although the temptation was to use aloe vera ON the skin, but I didn't want to cover it up in the event it needs to "breathe".  I also did this:  every day I take the doe goats out for their walk for 2-3 hours, and during this time I made certain my afflicted arm was always facing the sun as I wanted all the vitamin D I could absorb.

Attached are two almost identical photos.  This was good practice (and am lucky it was not systemic) as we might not always have the option of consulting a doctor.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 01:33:52 PM »
ilinda, somehow I missed your post. Very interesting.
I am sending you a private message, a question...
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
ilinda - just to let you know I appreciate your posts here sooo much - and the sharing of vital information! I passed the post on to Marshall, his researcher and Endtimesgal. All of us are interested in survival medicine for the Aftertime (and for now.)  :)
Thanks for the follow up messages, too.  ;)
- Barb T.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
Here is the "after" photo, almost a year late!  As I mentioned to yowbarb, hopefully next time something unusual happens I'll have the presence of mind to take serial photos.
Oops, it's a little blurry.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 08:43:25 AM »
ilinda, this is great. You did something great in finding a cure for yourself. Wonderful to have some info on how to help treat someone. Such a terrible scary condition...good for people to know there is definitely hope.
- Barb Townsend

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

Buying radio technology you need but do not understand is a big impediment to creating an affordable consumer (CB/SSB CB/FRS/GMRS) and amateur (MF/HF/VHF/UHF) two-way radio survival network. Learn more...