Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Honey  (Read 3582 times)

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Honey
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:27:26 AM »
From http://www.in5d.com/cinnamon-honey-health-benefits.html :

[start extracts]
18 Amazing Health Benefits From Honey and Cinnamon
It is found that a mix of honey and cinnamon cures most diseases
HEART DISEASES ...  In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.
ARTHRITIS ... In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.
LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Use four teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of boiling water to make a tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans increase and even a 100 year old will start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.
[end extracts]
--------------------------------

From http://infiniteshift.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/honey-a-powerful-anti-cancer-agent-waking-times/ :

[start extracts]
Honey: A Powerful Anti-Cancer Agent
 a recent study published the journal Molecules looked at the role of honey in positively impacting the development and progression of tumors or cancers. The review identified the presence of flavonoids and phenolic acids in honey as the primary anti-cancer compounds involved in its beneficial properties.
[end extracts]

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Honey
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
Jimfarmer that is wonderful news - that such a simple mixture can do all that, help in so many ways.
I had heard of the good things about honey and cinnamon - but the mixture must have unique benefits.
I'm going to try this and help spread the word...
- Barb Townsend

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
I love honey and just recently have been treating my friend with honey for what at first was a cold, then started into a sinus infection, but with daily doses of honey and tea, she is better and it only took four days!  Normally when she gets like this, it lasts more than a week, and that's even while she's taking antibiotics.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »
I love honey and just recently have been treating my friend with honey for what at first was a cold, then started into a sinus infection, but with daily doses of honey and tea, she is better and it only took four days!  Normally when she gets like this, it lasts more than a week, and that's even while she's taking antibiotics.

A spoonful of honey seems to start getting rid of throat soreness, etc.
I have noticed that a bit of honey in my food makes me feel better. (I put it on rice cakes, yogurt, etc.)
Starting to use it in my coffee - that works, too.
- Yowbarb

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
I tell everyone about the healing properties of honey and tea.  Most people don't believe it, (or listen actually), but I always thought that's because they'd rather be sick and run to the doctor for antibiotics for everything.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »
I tell everyone about the healing properties of honey and tea.  Most people don't believe it, (or listen actually), but I always thought that's because they'd rather be sick and run to the doctor for antibiotics for everything.
I use it regularly now, again.
Thanks for the reminder...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 11:52:38 PM »
http://alternativa-za-vas.com/en/index.php/clanak/article/manuka-honey

Manuka Honey   The healthiest honey that kills even the most resistant bacteria

Manuka honey is:

effective against mild and severe infections
used when antibiotics no longer work
used to treat burns
used to alleviate wound pains and promote their healing
the best remedy for ulcers
Other problems against which manuka honey can help are:

eczema, dermatitis, acne
fungal infections
inflammation
asthma and allergies
insect bites
rashes and boils
anemia
digestive diseases

How to identify genuine manuka honey

Not all manuka honeys are made equally.

Depending on the season and the origin, the active substances in them vary. The highest quality honey is the one made in the wild uncultivated areas of New Zealand.

In order to distinguish between various manuka honeys, an UMF factor (Unique Manuka Factor) has been developed.

It is a certificate which indicates that it is a real pure manuka honey with active compounds.

UMF factor:

UMF factor / 5-9 / for maintaining health and immunity
UMF factor / 10-14 / suitable for treating ailments
UMF factor / 15 + / honey of the highest quality and high antibacterial and therapeutic activity

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
RE: Manuka honey
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 05:58:11 AM »
you're forgetting one item that's important to many preppers: 10 x as expensive as 'supermarket honey'...
I'm sure Manuka honey is good stuff, but where i am [The Hague] 350gr costs € 22.
Just to put that into perspective, i have purchased 900gr of honey that came from the top of an island national park, a UNESCO Hertige site (no less), for € 10... (That was on La Gomera; Canary Islands.)

So let's put this into perspective; i once heard a man doing good work in an interview profess that if mainstream apples are lacking in minerals, just eat two...
Well, considering...

... what the U.S. Dept of Agriculture has to say on the matter...
that should be translated to...
"just eat 20"...
And if the same applies to honey and Manuka Honey is 10 x as expensive as 'supermarket honey' but contains 20 x the mineral content, should it be considered relatively cheap?

I would just say, as i have argued before on this forum, that the main importance of honey to a survivalist is it's caloric content and therefore that mineral content is of secondary importance [if you're worried about minerals, make sure you get yours now, for the body is the best place to store them].
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: RE: Manuka honey
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 01:08:50 PM »
you're forgetting one item that's important to many preppers: 10 x as expensive as 'supermarket honey'...
I'm sure Manuka honey is good stuff, but where i am [The Hague] 350gr costs € 22.
Just to put that into perspective, i have purchased 900gr of honey that came from the top of an island national park, a UNESCO Hertige site (no less), for € 10... (That was on La Gomera; Canary Islands.)

So let's put this into perspective; i once heard a man doing good work in an interview profess that if mainstream apples are lacking in minerals, just eat two...
Well, considering...

... what the U.S. Dept of Agriculture has to say on the matter...
that should be translated to...
"just eat 20"...
And if the same applies to honey and Manuka Honey is 10 x as expensive as 'supermarket honey' but contains 20 x the mineral content, should it be considered relatively cheap?

I would just say, as i have argued before on this forum, that the main importance of honey to a survivalist is it's caloric content and therefore that mineral content is of secondary importance [if you're worried about minerals, make sure you get yours now, for the body is the best place to store them].
IIRÇ, Dr. Mercola recommends Manuka honey and he may even have a source of it on his website.  I don't know the quality or how it compares to other manuka honeys, but he usually does try to stick with the high quality foods.  I'm buying local honey from a no-pesticide couple.

And it is worth repeating over and over that depletion of soil minerals is a serious problem about eveywhere.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
soil minerals
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 07:43:02 AM »
And it is worth repeating over and over that depletion of soil minerals is a serious problem about eveywhere.
It is.
After 30+ years of interest in health i can tell you [offer you my opinion] that in the end it's all about minerals (and whether or not you have them). Minerals are nature's building blocks and they each have a unique vibration. There are trace minerals we don't need much of, but which are the first to go when intensive agricultural practices lay waste to the land.
And, yeah, it's everywhere. The answer? Take care of your own; your own land, your own soil, your own plants, your own animals, etc. etc. etc. Only then are you sure you're getting the minerals you require for health, resilience and proper mental function.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

Buying radio technology you need but do not understand is a big impediment to creating an affordable consumer (CB/SSB CB/FRS/GMRS) and amateur (MF/HF/VHF/UHF) two-way radio survival network. Learn more...