Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: TEOTWAWKI / Apocalypse Movies  (Read 6562 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: TEOTWAWKI / Apocalypse Movies
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 01:32:35 AM »
epigenetics is not about some kind of adjustment to the genetic blueprint
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 06:53:02 AM »
But doesn't the basic genome come open-ended in some locations, with differential pathways or  forks in the road, allowing amendments to be made?  NIH studies support Ilinda's comment that genetic switches can be "thrown" via methylation/hydroxylation using such commonplace interventions as the B vitamins.  Isn't that how a retrovirus works as well, not to mention other things such as light, sound, diet, thoughts, prayers, attitude, and goodness knows what else that may be approaching us from space at this time to stimulate and facilitate our ascension?  We are supposed to bring our (modified) human bodies with us into 5D, right?

Here is what the Ragunathan Lab says:
"Chance events—injuries, infections, infatuations; the haunting trill of that particular nocturne—impinge on one twin and not on the other. Genes are turned on and off in response to these events, as epigenetic marks are gradually layered above genes, etching the genome with its own scars, calluses, and freckles." - Siddhartha Mukherjee, The Gene: An Intimate History (2015)

Barb, sorry if this post is in the wrong spot - I'm not sure how to make the jump from this location and answer Socrates.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:11:52 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »
But doesn't the basic genome come open-ended in some locations, with differential pathways or  forks in the road, allowing amendments to be made?  NIH studies support Ilinda's comment that genetic switches can be "thrown" via methylation/hydroxylation using such commonplace interventions as the B vitamins.  Isn't that how a retrovirus works as well, not to mention other things such as light, sound, diet, thoughts, prayers, attitude, and goodness knows what else that may be approaching us from space at this time to stimulate and facilitate our ascension?  We are supposed to bring our (modified) human bodies with us into 5D, right?

"Chance events—injuries, infections, infatuations; the haunting trill of that particular nocturne—impinge on one twin and not on the other. Genes are turned on and off in response to these events, as epigenetic marks are gradually layered above genes, etching the genome with its own scars, calluses, and freckles." - Siddhartha Mukherjee, The Gene: An Intimate History (2015)

Barb, sorry if this post is in the wrong spot - I'm not sure how to make the jump from this location and answer Socrates.
Your post would probably be fine in one of several different subjects.

And I agree 100% with what you said.  The first time I ever heard of epigenetics was in an article on the subject in a borrowed Discovery magazine.  One of the things (among many) that really got my attention was the mention that taking vitamin pills sounds so innocuous, but could actually be harmful.  That is not verbatim but is the essence and after reading the article I wondered why this information isn't plastered across every newspaper in the world.

But then I came to my senses and realized we're not supposed to know we can change our (epi)genetics, and thus ourselves, by such things as music, light, thoughts, novel thoughts, vitamins, etc.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
Now, back to the TEOTWAWKI movies, specifically After The Dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLZV3LhUAo

It was more like a psychological thriller and I'm going to try to get hubby to watch it.  Fingers are crossed.

Although there was a lot of picking and choosing, as well as elimination of the various would-be survivors, the one important issue not covered was the credibility/integrity of each potential survivor.  Of course,  no movie or other source will have all of the answers, so I don't fault this movie, but wouldn't it be cool if there would be, or is, a movie out there somewhere on this theme, but which emphasized the process of weeding out the psychopaths and sociopaths?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 10:55:01 PM »

R.R. it's fine. I already moved Socrates' Topic to this Board, it fits fine. I don't care if there are posts about the genome. Fascinating stuff.
- Yowbarb

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: epigenetics
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 06:23:06 AM »
There is effecting [i.e. / changing] the genetic blueprint and there is expression of it.
Bruce Lipton is talking about how DNA gets expressed, depending on environment. For example, he's talking about magnetic fields that change how iron reacts / takes shape, which [fields] change absolutely nothing about the iron but do in effect change what the iron is doing [like how a magnet can effect tiny bits of iron to create amazing shapes].

In this sense there is a genetic blueprint and then there are attributing factors that are to some extent effected by one's genetics but are otherwise clearly caused by environment.
Culture, therefore, is epigenetic, for it changes nothing about DNA but does effect how one's DNA will or can be expressed. The same can be said for trauma, any kind of conditioning, training, etc.

Sorry; i had never heard of the word "epigenetics" applied to variations or adjustments of DNA; the principle above is separate from physical or chemical changes to DNA.
On the other hand, the turning on or off of genetic options [i.e. DNA] will, obviously, also be accompanied by actual physical reality [i.e. with the kind of chemical changes mentioned above], but as Bruce Lipton explains, it is mainly about focus and intention. After all, are you able to consciously change your DNA? Unlikely; however, it does turn out that through conditioning and intention expressions of DNA can occur [such as turning our immortality alleles back on].

I think that it's a matter of focus and humility, ultimately. I mean, does anyone seriously believe they can learn to control all of the possible manifestations of DNA? That would sound rather conceited; if mankind will ever get there, that's centuries or millennia away, at best [notwithstanding what the Anunnaki appear to have been able to accomplish...]. On the other hand, it appears the expression of DNA is fluid, even through basic techniques like those discussed by Bruce Lipton [i.e. tapping].
And that is what i was referring to when i mentioned "epigenetics".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:46:18 AM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Socrates.  This study...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2698240/

...agrees with you that function can be altered but not structure.  But what about the many more studies that indicate numerous diseases of aging can be attributed to accumulated damage to DNA - I presume they refer to structural damage or alteration, in a kind of negative epigenetics?

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: epigenetics
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 06:31:41 PM »
There is effecting [i.e. / changing] the genetic blueprint and there is expression of it.
Bruce Lipton is talking about how DNA gets expressed, depending on environment. For example, he's talking about magnetic fields that change how iron reacts / takes shape, which [fields] change absolutely nothing about the iron but do in effect change what the iron is doing [like how a magnet can effect tiny bits of iron to create amazing shapes].

In this sense there is a genetic blueprint and then there are attributing factors that are to some extent effected by one's genetics but are otherwise clearly caused by environment.
Culture, therefore, is epigenetic, for it changes nothing about DNA but does effect how one's DNA will or can be expressed. The same can be said for trauma, any kind of conditioning, training, etc.

Sorry; i had never heard of the word "epigenetics" applied to variations or adjustments of DNA; the principle above is separate from physical or chemical changes to DNA.
On the other hand, the turning on or off of genetic options [i.e. DNA] will, obviously, also be accompanied by actual physical reality [i.e. with the kind of chemical changes mentioned above], but as Bruce Lipton explains, it is mainly about focus and intention. After all, are you able to consciously change your DNA? Unlikely; however, it does turn out that through conditioning and intention expressions of DNA can occur [such as turning our immortality alleles back on].

I think that it's a matter of focus and humility, ultimately. I mean, does anyone seriously believe they can learn to control all of the possible manifestations of DNA? That would sound rather conceited; if mankind will ever get there, that's centuries or millennia away, at best [notwithstanding what the Anunnaki appear to have been able to accomplish...]. On the other hand, it appears the expression of DNA is fluid, even through basic techniques like those discussed by Bruce Lipton [i.e. tapping].
And that is what i was referring to when i mentioned "epigenetics".
Epigenetics involves those changes we have discussed, except changes in the actual base pairs of DNA.  And yes, it involves methylation, demethylation, hydroxylation, and dehydroxylation of certain proteins in DNA (histone proteins), as well as in the DNA itself, as well as some I haven't listed.  But what elicits those epigenetic changes is about everythng in our environment, including our thoughts, our feelings, emotions, singing, food, drink, medicine, vitamins, exercise, etc., etc. 

The methylating, or hydroxylating of DNA or of the histone proteins in DNA is a chemical change, and further, the process leads to local changes in the shape of the molecule, all of which contribute to the change in how DNA is expressed.  It is chemical, and it is physical, but does not involve base pair changes (although synthetic toxic chemicals can do that!).  (Remember, there is a lot more to DNA than just base pairs, sugars and phosphate.)  One way to change how DNA is expressed is to change its shape.  Remember when a gene for a protein is transcribed onto/into RNA, it is because the shape (configuration) of the DNA is conducive to that "pairing up" process.  But if some particular epigenetic change has occurred, then that protein will not be produced.  This is the inhibition that can be caused by epigenetics, all while the base pairs have remained the same.

In the process of epigenetics causing "changes" in the DNA, for example, methylation may cause a change is shape of the DNA local to that newly-added methyl group, or the newly-removed methyl group, and thus may change the probability that a particular protein may be transcribed and translated.  In other words, epigenetics can lead to stimulation or inhibition of protein synthesis.  There is one study by a scientist, who noticed physical changes in his own being, under certain circumstances, and after much investigation, he realized the bigger picture and did publish his work, which in a nutshell, described how his thoughts were able to change his DNA (epigenetically) resulting in change in DNA expression, i.e., protein synthesis.  I will try to find it and link to it, as it's totally fascinating.

In the epigenetics course I took (online, no credit) they did not mention anything except the mainstream ideas such as the methylation and hydroxylation.  The course did not delve into WHY some of the methylation and hydroxylation can occur.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: epigenetic reserach
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 03:19:33 AM »
WOW!
I feel so blessed to be taking part of a serious [i.e. non-conventional / mainstream] discussion on such matters...
Just goes to show how any group [no matter how small] of individuals actually using today's resources can come up with data, logic and common sense that would confound those restricted by culture and politically-correct notions.

It's just so sad said resources will likely soon come to an end...
What might mankind not accomplish if it weren't distracted and obsessed by the mainstream paradigm?.
Would that this discussion / topic could actually make a difference...
survival database

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 05:09:49 AM »
The course did not delve into WHY some of the methylation and hydroxylation can occur.

Just eating sunflower seeds, egg yolks or supplementing with lecithin /choline (a B-vitamin and emulsifier capable of mixing healthy oils into the watery blood plasma) should supply the extra methyl groups to facilitate methylation. 

Ilinda, your on-line course in epigenetics places you way ahead of most of us, credit or no credit!  Thanks for all the good info! :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:10:40 AM by R.R. Book »

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: DNA damage
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 10:50:31 AM »
what about the many more studies that indicate numerous diseases of aging can be attributed to accumulated damage to DNA - I presume they refer to structural damage or alteration, in a kind of negative epigenetics?
I think you're referring to telomeres and how they unravel due to 'aging'. Supposedly, strains of DNA have a kind of aglet that breaks down after repeated copies have been made. Now, there's even a product on the market that's supposed to be able to allow the body to repair telomeres, turning our 'immortality gene' on as it were.
(Most so-called 'proof' connecting things like disease or aging to genetics is pure hogwash; even geneticists have distanced themselves from such claims since the human genome project was concluded in 2006 (since no one's interested in damaging their reputation or career by going against what the scientific community (by) now calls into question).

By the way, in Anton Parks' books, he's talking about Anu who's creating lifeforms, like that of Enki [if these names mean nothing to you, Zecharia Sitchin's translations mention these same characters].
One of the interesting things about Parks' writings is that it's clear that Anu is not only growing adults [i.e. they don't come to life as babies], but they're adults with all kinds of knowledge and ability we normally associate with decades of growing up. That probably means that Anu is able to [genetically?] add all kinds of characteristics to the lifeforms he creates. That, btw, includes conditionings like inhibitions... So, on the one hand his creations come to life able to walk and talk and even do the same genetic engineering Anu himself is capable of, but on the other hand he's also able to instill them with anything from a death wish to loyalty toward himself. [Is this why mankind seems to be committing mass suicide...?]
The genetic engineering of the Anunnaki supposedly goes back billions of years... [compare that to maybe 50 years of today's research and experiments.] In fact, in Kevin and Matthew Taylor's book The Land of No Tomorrow dealing with our Hollow Earth and the history of mankind, it's explained that the hollow earth cultures were unable to make a hollow earth/primate hybrid that was tough like primates but had the intelligence of the sentient beings from our Earth's hollow; it took the Anunnaki coming to Earth [i.e. Enki] to successfully create a hybrid that could survive on the surface and also enjoy intelligence. (This was then an Anunnaki / primate / hollow earth hybrid, since Enki used homo erectus for making his hybrid and homo erectus was the product of hollow earth genetic engineering [as stated in Sitchin's The Lost Book of Enki].)
One must understand from the above that hollow earth cultures are vastly superior to our own, but they still weren't able to create an intelligent primate / hollow earth hybrid. The Anunnaki, on the other hand, were able to do this, thereby illustrating a vastly superior knowledge of genetic engineering than hollow earth cultures could manage (which in turn is vastly superior to any kind of genetic engineering / research mankind has so far).
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »
The course did not delve into WHY some of the methylation and hydroxylation can occur.

Just eating sunflower seeds, egg yolks or supplementing with lecithin /choline (a B-vitamin and emulsifier capable of mixing healthy oils into the watery blood plasma) should supply the extra methyl groups to facilitate methylation. 

Ilinda, your on-line course in epigenetics places you way ahead of most of us, credit or no credit!  Thanks for all the good info! :)
For those interested, the course was through Coursera, and it was free, as many of their courses were/are.   The epigenetics course was taught by University of Melbourne and the professor was way ahead of the students, as we could tell she really had to gear it down for us. 

The MAIN problem I always had with Coursera was that when I would receive the email updates of the new courses, it seemed the ones I was interested in had already started by a week and I was always late in signing up, as I was for epigenetics.  Then the lessons came fast and furious--faster than "c" it seems.

And yes, there would probably be many ways to do what you suggest above.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 11:03:09 PM »
Here is a couple good ones to add to the list:

The Road - full movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpFIEHNwjAU

Jericho - TV Show scene of the Nuclear blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ni2I1JN8QM

Max.

MadMax, those are definitely worth watching. Jericho was one of my all time favorite TV series.
The Road, I watched early on and really did appreciate it.
I added a link to your post and this newer Topic of socrates to the original Topic about The Road, 2011.
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 11:13:09 PM »
Here is a couple good ones to add to the list:

The Road - full movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpFIEHNwjAU

Jericho - TV Show scene of the Nuclear blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ni2I1JN8QM

Max.

Max, BTW thanks for posting those links!
:)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »

For those interested, the course was through Coursera, and it was free, as many of their courses were/are.   The epigenetics course was taught by University of Melbourne and the professor was way ahead of the students, as we could tell she really had to gear it down for us. 

The MAIN problem I always had with Coursera was that when I would receive the email updates of the new courses, it seemed the ones I was interested in had already started by a week and I was always late in signing up, as I was for epigenetics.  Then the lessons came fast and furious--faster than "c" it seems.

And yes, there would probably be many ways to do what you suggest above.

ilinda, thanks for posting this valuable info!!
It's an eye opener.
Looking into this now... and adding foods to my diet. By coincidence, before I had read your post and learned something about methylation I had added much more salmon and more eggs lately too...Before that, ate hummus with chickpeas frequently (still do) Looks like there is a lot to this, will read more...I used to eat lecithin, will need to get that again and some other items you mentioned.
- Yowbarb

12 Foods High in Choline
Beef Liver. 3 ounces: 283 mg (51% DV)
Salmon. 1 filet: 242 mg (44% DV)
Chickpeas. 1 cup uncooked: 198 mg (36% DV)
Split Peas. 1 cup uncooked: 188 mg (34% DV)
Navy Beans. 1 cup raw: 181 mg (32% DV)
Eggs. 1 large egg: 147 mg (27% DV)
Grass-Fed Beef. 3 ounces: 78 mg (14% DV)
Turkey.
https://practitioner.researchnutrition.com.au/power-choline-methylation/     

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!